Whos Smarter? Private or Public School in Legal? (1 Viewer)

Whos more smarter in legal?

  • Private schools kick Public School Ass!

    Votes: 35 28.0%
  • Public schools kick Private School Ass!

    Votes: 48 38.4%
  • They\'re equal, just the amount of effort put into it....

    Votes: 40 32.0%
  • No idea, i\'m just stupid

    Votes: 9 7.2%

  • Total voters
    125
  • This poll will close: .

Hayley C

New Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2003
Messages
21
Location
Byron Bay
i guess we'll see when everyone gets their results.....
it shall depend on a number of factors. Fortunately i think possibly the private school kiddies might apply themselves a bit better...? and also the might have gotten a bit of a bigger workload....... i dont know. but their are people out there who give public schools a bad name, like doing shit in an exam because they dont care what they get... and bring the rest of us down... i dont know.....
 

Hayley C

New Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2003
Messages
21
Location
Byron Bay
not all of us get the same options, but we can all try our best. it just might come down to the fact that us public school kids try really hard, and u private kids think everything will get handed to you on a silver platter... and one day, when your all bitter and alone... you'll wish you had a conscience..
 

Ringo

Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2003
Messages
154
Location
N.S.W.
Originally posted by Hayley C
not all of us get the same options, but we can all try our best. it just might come down to the fact that us public school kids try really hard, and u private kids think everything will get handed to you on a silver platter... and one day, when your all bitter and alone... you'll wish you had a conscience..
I'm sorry? I have a conscience and I'm bloody Vice-Captain of a Private School. Perhaps you are generalising somewhat?

If a public school kid tries hard, or if they are intelligent, then they will assuredly get the marks they deserve. But the atmosphere of a public school is nowhere near as conducive to study as that experienced in a private school.
 

connie

Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Messages
235
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Karlee
Connie, the question whether you are smarter than Ms 12 is irrelevant, because you are a complete bitch and a nasty person, and it'll come back to you throughout your life. You won't get anywhere with an attitude like that.
Do us a favour, and get over yourself. Everyone else is over you.
when did i ever say i was smarter then ms 12? i don't even know her, i have never sat the same test as her and had it marked by the same person so how the fuck would any of us know who was smarter and really i couldn't give a fuck... i don't remember to claim to be the smartest person in the world and my intelligence level pleases me just fine so it is no concern of yours

a nasty person? i'm so nasty that i'm on the one on here judging everyone that i don't even know... yeh i can see how i'm nasty?

"it'll come back to you throughout your life" pftt a little ironic to be calling someone else nasty... what kind of person are u to insinuate i will have a bad life? One's virtue is irrelevant to how life will treat you, innocent people go to jail and guilty people walk free all the time so if you think being a good person has anything to do with how your life will turn out i suggest you take a look outside


basically all of the above is simply saying you don't know what the fuck u are on about so just shut up...


p.s i don't do favours for morons
 

connie

Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Messages
235
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Karlee
Connie, the question whether you are smarter than Ms 12 is irrelevant, because you are a complete bitch and a nasty person, and it'll come back to you throughout your life. You won't get anywhere with an attitude like that.
Do us a favour, and get over yourself. Everyone else is over you.
when did i ever say i was smarter then ms 12? i don't even know her, i have never sat the same test as her and had it marked by the same person so how the fuck would any of us know who was smarter and really i couldn't give a fuck... i don't remember to claim to be the smartest person in the world and my intelligence level pleases me just fine so it is no concern of yours

a nasty person? i'm so nasty that i'm on the one on here judging everyone that i don't even know... yeh i can see how i'm nasty?

"it'll come back to you throughout your life" pftt a little ironic to be calling someone else nasty... what kind of person are u to insinuate i will have a bad life? One's virtue is irrelevant to how life will treat you, innocent people go to jail and guilty people walk free all the time so if you think being a good person has anything to do with how your life will turn out i suggest you take a look outside


basically all of the above is simply saying you don't know what the fuck u are on about so just shut up...


p.s i don't do favours for morons
 

connie

Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Messages
235
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Karlee
Connie, the question whether you are smarter than Ms 12 is irrelevant, because you are a complete bitch and a nasty person, and it'll come back to you throughout your life. You won't get anywhere with an attitude like that.
Do us a favour, and get over yourself. Everyone else is over you.
when did i ever say i was smarter then ms 12? i don't even know her, i have never sat the same test as her and had it marked by the same person so how the fuck would any of us know who was smarter and really i couldn't give a fuck... i don't remember to claim to be the smartest person in the world and my intelligence level pleases me just fine so it is no concern of yours

a nasty person? i'm so nasty that i'm on the one on here judging everyone that i don't even know... yeh i can see how i'm nasty?

"it'll come back to you throughout your life" pftt a little ironic to be calling someone else nasty... what kind of person are u to insinuate i will have a bad life? One's virtue is irrelevant to how life will treat you, innocent people go to jail and guilty people walk free all the time so if you think being a good person has anything to do with how your life will turn out i suggest you take a look outside


basically all of the above is simply saying you don't know what the fuck u are on about so just shut up...


p.s i don't do favours for morons
 

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
Joined
Nov 7, 2002
Messages
4,329
Location
Back in the USSR
Gender
Female
HSC
2003
eh is this still going?
Connie and I are on equal terms now, we resolved just to disagree so don't use me in this anymore.
 

Golani

Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2003
Messages
232
if you think being a good person has anything to do with how your life will turn out i suggest you take a look outside
Nuf said.

If you really believe that then, in my opinion, it's worse than anything anyone can ever say about you :(
 

Ringo

Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2003
Messages
154
Location
N.S.W.
Connie is, lets face it, an eternal realist. Not that I share her view, but she holds her opinions and far be it from me to shake anyone of their views unless they can be seen as harmfully stupid.

I don't see how this can make anything but a personal judgement of COnnie, and as such is irrelevant to any argument you could be making in this thread.
 

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
Joined
Oct 28, 2003
Messages
1,105
Location
around about here - still
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
Originally posted by blazezs
Cast your vote, believe it or not.....

I see more private school student doing legal then public...

And they look heck way more smarter den the public ones :(

I myself find that insulting. I am from a public school mate. And secondly, and note this, I am one of those people who looks like a complete country idiot (which I am in some ways) but is bloody smart ( you know, getting awards, top of the class, real nerdy type). So don't be so quick to judge. By the way I'm top of my legal class:chainsaw:
 

swangal

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2003
Messages
223
Location
London as of 17/6
Originally posted by Enlightened_One
I myself find that insulting. I am from a public school mate. And secondly, and note this, I am one of those people who looks like a complete country idiot (which I am in some ways) but is bloody smart ( you know, getting awards, top of the class, real nerdy type). So don't be so quick to judge. By the way I'm top of my legal class
wooo there r others!i wouldnt say im a complete country person but i kno wat u mean.
As for the whole public vs private thing...Public schools rock BUT it doesnt depend on the school u go 2 , the teachers u have...but what U put in2 it! U also cant expect Public schools to go awesomely well when ( well this is the case at my school neways) 1/2 the year are only there because they have nothing better to do and stuck out years 11 and 12 not because they wanted to do well in the HSC but because they wanted to be sheltered from the real world for a bit longer.
I guess we'll find out who did better tho when the results come out...
 

~*HSC 4 life*~

Active Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2003
Messages
2,411
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
hmmm my school comes 1st in legal...and we're public.

thats not to say that private schools can not teach well, nor to say that private students are 'dumber' i'd have to go with the poll option: They're equal just the amount of effort they put into it...
 
Last edited:

blazezs

Member
Joined
May 2, 2003
Messages
191
WOW,

This debate sure has gone a long way ;)

I just decided to check after awhile...hmmm been reading and someones been calling me a moron! :(
 

Ashleet

Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2003
Messages
631
Location
Armidale
Gender
Female
HSC
2003
you get both ends of the scale. i know in my leagal class we had a few people right up there with full marks but we also had those who had never passed an assessment ( or one some occassions never turned up). I;m sure the would be the same at any other school regardless of private or public
 

SKA

me and my baby
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
1,348
Location
Wollongong
Gender
Female
HSC
2004
really a stupid thread.... private skools might achieve higher marks mainly coz they do alot more work than public skools
public skools muck around too much

im sure there are smart n stupid people in both
 

blazezs

Member
Joined
May 2, 2003
Messages
191
Originally posted by SKA
really a stupid thread.... private skools might achieve higher marks mainly coz they do alot more work than public skools
public skools muck around too much

im sure there are smart n stupid people in both
Yep,

No prefection in both systems I say :p
 

Gemstone

Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Messages
302
Location
Central Coast, NSW
Well I go to a private school and we have 2 yr 12 legal classes I think theres about 40 of us. It's about the same in yr 11. We have an awsome teacher too. Anyway our school does pretty well in it. We get a lot of band 6's. I got told it's not really popular at other schools. Our school could never get rid of it (well at least not while our current teacher is there) there are too many people that want to do it. Although I do think our teacher has an impact on the ammount of people who want to do it. He teachers us really well, and differently to a lot of other teachers.

Gemma
 

ameh

dirty trick
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
2,688
Location
The Ludovico Centre
Gender
Female
HSC
N/A
my year has 2 legal classes and heaps of ppl in it *30ish...the teacher, to put it in NICE terms...is a mole.
 

orange_highlighter

New Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
4
Location
Albury
it makes no diff about public or private, it's the teacher and the students that matter, although if u go to private u can usally get better opportunities like goin to canberra or to court houses and stuff. But generally it's the people in the classroom that matter, not the uniform they wear
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top