Why do governments give young people a hard time? (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
In general? well part of old people hating young people is that they are biologically better for reproduction.

A 50yr old man might want to discourage young men coming around his house for fear that his 40yr old wife will cheat on him, after all they are younger, fitter, have a higher sperm count, basically better in every way.

Likewise the woman wouldnt want the 50yr old man having any young female friends as they are healthier and more fertile than her, basically more desirable in every way.

Of course not all of this hatred is based on reproduction, part if it is fear of change, fear of a different, emerging culture, one that doesnt have the same morals and beliefs etc.

The most powerful human is a 40yr old white man with a growing family, a wife, a nice big mortgage on his home [almost paid off] and a high position in his company. He has the highest earning power, the most wealth, the most influence in society and the person that politicians cater for...and he doesnt like young people.

He hates young kids "hooning around" on his quiet suburban street late at night so politicans introduce curfews and vehicle restrictions, he hates mtv and pop culture and seeing idiots at festivals high as a kite acting like idiots, so police target these events, he hates drunk young people walking around on his street so drinking is targeted, he hates all the foot traffic late at night that the nearby clubs generate so legislation for opening hours etc etc.

Its all very obvious what way things swing, all we have to do is convince the government we are a sizable voting chunk of the population and not to fuck with us. It also helps if we get old people on our side, the elderly who might reminiscence about their fun youth for example, or middle aged libertarians. Things are probably going to get worse for young people and i sympathise, but as i age i am getting steadily more powerful in society and thats only a good thing for me, allready i have missed several big curtails on young peoples freedom making me proportionally more powerful than them, getting my L's was easy, i was never restricted in driving like you are, i dont drink alcopops, i got on centrelink back when it was easy and its alot easier to hang on to it then it is to get it to start off with.

the.RAVER

HSC
Man I agree with you 100%. Although this is the exact reason as to why young people aren't able to stick up for their rights. The people controlling everything are seniors/older people, they would ignore it and probably regulate against it as an act of misconduct.

Also, another one for you. Provisional drivers only allowed one passenger after 11 PM; that's freaking stupid. Of course people of our age group are going to be the ones that want to be out later at night with friends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)