Why do people think bisexual males are just gay? (1 Viewer)

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
i will do what i like and be as offensive to other people as i can be :read:

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
well, the website is supposed to be for people who study...things, after all :read:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
OK, but it's not very related to bisexuality, so was he like :read:...*looks up to s-p-a-c-e-d* "don't be offensive"...and then back to::read:

Tangent

HSC
its amazing how blind people are

just because school doesnt teach you anything about it doesnt mean its not real

hebithegreat

Above average penis
HSC
the fact that you are being defensive leads me to believe that you are gay... You probably tell your parents that you are straight, and only have relations with men....therefore, you label yourself a "bi"... dude just be yourself =)

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
has anyone watched that episode of the tyra banks show, it's called "the gay kingdom" (and i would hope that no one has watched it unless you actively searched out this particular episode because it's fucking tyra banks, ugh).

basically they get a bunch of queer peeps and put them together and make them do little challenges under the guise of them living in a medieval town, or some shit.

it was actually really interesting, although cringeworthy and most of them were complete stereotypes, but hey.

YouTube - Gay Kingdom - Tyra (Part 1)

Last edited:

bimatty

HSC
the fact that you are being defensive leads me to believe that you are gay... You probably tell your parents that you are straight, and only have relations with men....therefore, you label yourself a "bi"... dude just be yourself =)
Thanks for the advice, but I know who I am. The reason I'm being defensive is because people don't except we bisexual males for who we are. Funny how you tell me to be who I am, yet don't believe it.

speedofsound

HSC
i work with a bi guy and he's exactly that... bi.

he like guys as much as he likes girls.

i dont get why people insist that bi guys are gay either??

bi girls aren't lesbians, so why are bi guys automatically gay?
it's a masculinity thing. men, moreso than women in my opinion, have this pressure to uphold certain characteristics supposedly unique to the male gender. whilst yes, women do also receive pressure to be feminine, society as a whole i think is far more accepting of women perhaps leaning towards more masculine traits whereas if a man is acting "ladylike", in this case, by liking men, then he is being "submissive" and this is wrong in lots of peoples' views and immediately somehow makes them less of a man.

loathi

Trans Girl
HSC
it's a masculinity thing. men, moreso than women in my opinion, have this pressure to uphold certain characteristics supposedly unique to the male gender. whilst yes, women do also receive pressure to be feminine, society as a whole i think is far more accepting of women perhaps leaning towards more masculine traits whereas if a man is acting "ladylike", in this case, by liking men, then he is being "submissive" and this is wrong in lots of peoples' views and immediately somehow makes them less of a man.
Indeed, glad to see some students are intelligent, rather than just good at rote learners. The reason bisexual males is that since attraction to males is something feminine anyone willing to enter such a relationship must be feminine, and since gay men are all feminine and straight men are all masculine, bisexual men must be feminine, and hence gay. This, of course, is COMPLETE bullshit.

I'd liek to also point out that the freedom of self-expression women enjoy is largely due to the feminist movement. Men really need to start their own masculinist movement. Really, it is such a double standard a woman can be masculine or feminine, wear male clothes or female clothes, while a man has to be masculine not feminine, wear male clothes not females clothes. Most women don't realise how much pressure men feel from society to 'be a man'.

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
it'd be just as bad for female bisexuals though i imagine, instead of people assuming they're gay people would just assume they're straight and going through some sort of phase no matter who they're with.

loathi

Trans Girl
HSC
it'd be just as bad for female bisexuals though i imagine, instead of people assuming they're gay people would just assume they're straight and going through some sort of phase no matter who they're with.
I don't believe it as bad though, even if people don't believe them at least they aren't ridiculed as much as bisexual males are. They are, at least, free to be themselves. Bisexual men, and gay men, are much less so.

When I hold my girlfriends hand in public the reactions tend to be none, or people try to not stare so they aren't rude, or they stare at us, clearly thinking "Hot". Very few people stare at us disapprovingly, the ones who do tend to be old and foreigners.

When gay people hold hands it isn't just the old and foreigners who disapprove, since most guys don't find gay men holding hands hot (or, if they do, they often react negatively due to internal homophobia), but the young alike do. I've had friends get soda thrown at them from cars, with people yelling out "fags" just for holding hands. How many straight people are treated in such a way for holding their partners hands?

speedofsound

HSC
I don't believe it as bad though, even if people don't believe them at least they aren't ridiculed as much as bisexual males are. They are, at least, free to be themselves. Bisexual men, and gay men, are much less so.

When I hold my girlfriends hand in public the reactions tend to be none, or people try to not stare so they aren't rude, or they stare at us, clearly thinking "Hot". Very few people stare at us disapprovingly, the ones who do tend to be old and foreigners.

When gay people hold hands it isn't just the old and foreigners who disapprove, since most guys don't find gay men holding hands hot (or, if they do, they often react negatively due to internal homophobia), but the young alike do. I've had friends get soda thrown at them from cars, with people yelling out "fags" just for holding hands. How many straight people are treated in such a way for holding their partners hands?
indeed i agree completely, i believe it's far more difficult being a homosexual or bisexual male rather than female. although situations can very depending on the context of it.

justinw

HSC
gay is liking another man so i guess your gay and i think bi fits in the gay category

blaketat

Inextirpable Benevolence.
HSC
I'm sure that opinions vary on to who thinks what about that.
Personally I do think Bisexuality is definately a form of homosexuality just with more options.

With the risk of being arrogant, It's all been said that Bisexual's are the spreaders of AIDS. From man to woman, then woman to man - spreads too much.

I personally do not have a problem with people who have alternate lifestyles, but I do have a problem when it's publically displayed, as well as heterosexual people as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)