why do so many asians do so good? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Examine

same
HSC
yeah, i've 100% lost my asian heritage

I can't speak the language, I don't agree to asian values, I refuse to partake in most cultural activities
I speak some Chinese, though to the point of a 7 year old. My group is basically white, while the other asians usually hang out with their asian groups. I don't listen to that Korean music (Shiny or something) and I feel more comfortable hanging out caucasians.

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
[/B]

IQ is only distributed differently amongst different races according to the book I posted up a bit. There are smart people in every race, just they're easier to find in some races than others.

That is very impressive, you skipped two grades. I commend you! :)

You might want to try the JCTI cerebrals test on the internet. It will give you an accurate reading of your IQ to a correlate of 0.95. I am curious to see what you get.
thanks a lot:)
141 btw :D

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Asians do good because they are pushed by their family and expected to do well. In saying that, there are a lot of Asians that don't do well.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
When I hear 'Asians do good', it absolutely drives me crazy.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
It's got fuck all to do with intelligence.

Parents instill work ethic into their kids and that usually pays off for the HSC but more often than not, it wears off once they get into university. They generally like to adhere to the procrastination method which has been refined by uni students since the dawn of time just like the rest of us.

Mind you, I never really got lectured by my asian mother when I was slacking off during the HSC. Considering how I did well just using my natural intelligence, whenever she makes a remark about my work ethic in university, I generally refer her to my good performance during Year 12 and the past two years of uni. My white dad doesn't give a fuck because he knows I can manage my studies independently without other people butting in.

tl;dr Asians are good because of work ethic. Didn't apply to me because I'm half.

delian

HSC
N/A
asians being smart is a sterotype.

anyway, the top 2 people at my high school were white.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Asians tend to do well cos they work hard. And credit to them for doing so

Skeptyks

HSC
I heard Asians are horrible in the workforce and lack the skills because they are so prone to the Laid-back, and easy going nature when it comes to a locked down study approach. But when you say "constitute as smart" yes it does by getting high marks, but it does not constitute for skills.

skills, smartness - completely defacto
Errr... Maybe re-phrase it to "I heard that some Asians are horrible in the workforce..." or even "I heard that generally Asians are horrible in the workforce...".
Anyway, I am not really laid-back and work pretty hard in my opinion...

madharris

HSC
N/A
High marks do not determine smartness...

Someone can get high because of an easy test/assessment.

Also I am not asian, I do okay at school. I got second in general maths. Here's proof that all people whatever race can be smart.

That is sooo... i don't even know... cooky (cool/geeky? o_O )

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Given the last few pages, I think this thread has served its purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)