• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why is Corby guilty? (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
1. personal feelings

I guess this is what makes up most of your verdict...

2. the baggage handler dispute

Oh Please, while that is a possible scenario, I would then ask why eye witness testimony states that as they went to open up her bag she got up and tried to stop them, did she some personal item in there she didn't want anyone to see? (no) she had drugs.

3. bad chain of evidence

4. corby's character, and intelligence

Corby's character? She worked as a prostitute in japan =/
Sounds to me like you've been suckered in by this whole "SHE'S AN INNOCENT WIDDLE GIRL" act. Intelligence? If she was really smart, when they asked her "Do you know what this is?" she wouldn't have said yes.

tempco

HSC
whoa, prosti in japan? she would've been asked to do some weird things.

HSC
i don't know is corby's all there or anything

but i don't think anyone would be stupid enough to go through customs like that with a bad of drugs clearly in their bag.

plus as ntb said it would probably be more profitable to sell em over in bali

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Korn, it's quite possible that due to the drugs in Australia being of a 'higher quality' she could have sold them for more in bali.
When did they test them???

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
The Australian public is so pathetic. At least Corby got a trial, unlike the "terrorists" over in guantanamo. Im fucking moving to Russia.

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
1. personal feelings

I guess this is what makes up most of your verdict...

2. the baggage handler dispute

Oh Please, while that is a possible scenario, I would then ask why eye witness testimony states that as they went to open up her bag she got up and tried to stop them, did she some personal item in there she didn't want anyone to see? (no) she had drugs.

3. bad chain of evidence

4. corby's character, and intelligence

Corby's character? She worked as a prostitute in japan =/
Sounds to me like you've been suckered in by this whole "SHE'S AN INNOCENT WIDDLE GIRL" act. Intelligence? If she was really smart, when they asked her "Do you know what this is?" she wouldn't have said yes.
5. the backward, OBVIOUSLY idiotic legal system they have in Indonesia, with their shouting judges who don't speak English and have terrorist cousins.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Asquithian said:
I DO NOT KNOW IF SHE IS GUILTY OR INNOCENT!!!!!!!! FFS CAN THESE PEOPLE GET IT THROUGH THEIR HEADS

TELL ME SOMEONE WHY she IS NOT GUILTY...AT THE MOMENT NO ONE HAS GIVEN ME A DECENT REASON THAT MAKES IT OH SO OBVIOUS THAT SHE IS INNOCENT...
I can say the same to u, prove she is guilty

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
whiterabbit said:
5. the backward, OBVIOUSLY idiotic legal system they have in Indonesia, with their shouting judges who don't speak English and have terrorist cousins.
If that was serious you deserve a good kick to the face.

tempco

HSC
Korn said:
When did they test them???
that wasn't the point.

i have no idea where the argument of "selling them more in australia" comes from.

tempco

HSC
whiterabbit said:
<3 .

spell check

HSC
Asquithian said:
I cannot believe the level of stupidity on this board

now read this carefully. i made it big font for you

I AM NOT TRYING TO SAY SHE IS GUILTY. I DO NOT KNOW IF SHE IS GUILTY
then why do you keep bitching for people to prove to you she is innocent

just accept that she didn't intend to bring drugs into bali unless someone can prove that she did put them in her bag

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
spell check said:
then why do you keep bitching for people to prove to you she is innocent

just accept that she didn't intend to bring drugs into bali unless someone can prove that she did put them in her bag
Why should he accept that?
He shouldn't have to accept anything as neither her GUILT nor INNOCENCE has been proven by ANYONE.

All that I think some people are after is an answer as to why so many bogans are out on the streets professing her innocence as if it was such an obvious thing?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I don't know if she is innocent or guilty.... however I don't think that there was enough evidence to convict her and she should have been acquitted.

Whoever bought up the Japanese prostitute thing, that is incorrect..... she was actually married to a Japanese man for several years, and lived in Japan with him.

I have a gut feeling that she is innocent, basically because I don't understand why someone like her would do that.... but I don't KNOW she is innocent.

That channel 9 thing was appaling last week, they presented some of the contested information as if it was facts..... they also said they would provide a balanced view of both sides of the case, and I don't think you could have been any more unbalanced! It was absolutely shocking.

HSC
There were lots of people (i can only remember go_swans and townie) who were saying it was "painfully obvious" as well as making statements like "she is innocent because I think so".

HSC
whiterabbit said:
There were lots of people (i can only remember go_swans and townie) who were saying it was "painfully obvious" as well as making statements like "she is innocent because I think so".
wtf where did i say it was painfully obvious??

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Asquithian said:
I cannot believe the level of stupidity on this board

now read this carefully. i made it big font for you

I AM NOT TRYING TO SAY SHE IS GUILTY. I DO NOT KNOW IF SHE IS GUILTY
I know ur not saying she is guilty, but I have not seen one mention from you asking ppl to prove her guilty!

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
i agree with asqy, the people in the best place to make a decision were the judges involved.

80 pages of evidence > misrepresented evidence provided by mike munro and crew during the nightly news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)