Why is it that most 'hot' girls are dumb or skank? (1 Viewer)

Looking Glass

HSC
Teclis said:
I know a lot of absolutely stunning women who are highly intelligent... and who are most definately not skanks. I think you just need to get out more... a lot more. Or hang out with different crowds. And a woman has a right to wear what she wants and not be called a skank by you. Also, remember that women have different thoughts about what they choose to wear and why they choose to wear it then what men do. Women aren't always going to wear something that show's off their bodies for the purpose of attracting men. Being a man I can't speak for all women, but the ones to whom I'm close to say that they will choose clothes that are comfortable for the weather we're having. I can't blame a woman for wearing a small shirt and short shirt or skirt in an Australian summer, and I can't call her a skank just for doing so, that's called being an arsehole. Hell I know young married women who are as true to their husbands as you could be, who are stunningly gorgeous who wear somewhat revealing clothing. I'm pretty sure you can't call them skanks...

You need to remember that women have different ways of thinking about how they dress than we do... and you also need to remember that as a guy, you probably won't ever fully understand.
Blah blah blah, people have the right to do this an that. Women are too stupid to realise their dress-style has a sexul effect, blah blah blah. How about we try and have a more meaningful discussion here? I don't do things solely beacuase I have the right to do them. There generally needs to be some sort of rational reason for doing something that extends beyond the simple fact that it's not illegal to do it. Why would women *want* to wear clothes that eccentuate their superficial sexual features and dilute their personality? Seems odd to demean and jovialise yourself like that. Espcially on the other end of a hundred years of women's rights campaigns. And especially when you don't expect men to treat you as you present/treat yourself.

Last edited:

omgd.

HSC
N/A
I think also because .... and im probably stereotyping here... but iv noticed a lot of my guy friends tend to like girls in the first place because they wear revealing clothing.... its like an automatic call for attention... and half the time the girl isnt even hot.. like shed have a hot bodyy but her face is ... well not so attractive ...

and the girls who are really pretty and smart dont spend as much time on their looks on a regular basis...

one of my friends for example isnt smart or pretty but has a hot body and wears a lotta make up n revealing clothes and ends up flirting with a lot of guys ie giving the image of a skank, hot, and dumb

but her best friend who is absolutely stunning is too busy with hsc atm to bother dressing up.... yet her bodies wayy hotter ( just covered up most of the time ... cept whn she dresses up ) and shes like 10x prettier naturally without any of the make up ....

so i asked one of the guys why he didnt like her ... and he said ' she doesnt seem like that type of girl ' ....... and i was like..... well i didn knw wht to say because he basically told me despite her being prettier n everything shes not skanky so he doesnt have time for her =/ and that makes him look at her differently because she doesnt give off the ' hot vibe '

i think a lot of guys ( wihtout realising ) look past the quiet yet very attractive and smart girls because their outter shell doesnt give off the im hot im fun im a ' skank ' kinda image.... so they go un noticed

icelillies

In the twisted branches of the faraway tree
HSC
I would say most girls that I have met - that are 'hot' - have different priorities to girls such as myself... I want to pursue Law/Politics and so the careful crafting of thought and intelligence is obviously more significant for me than for say a girl who simply wants a 'good time' (thus her more skimpy attire) and who will eventually end up married, etc. What I wear reflects my attitude and desires. I opt for the classical high waisted skirts, expensive fabrics, etc. I also usually consider the best cut for my figure as ones appearence is most definitely important in our humanistic society. My goal (ultimately) is to make a positive impression of beauty and intelligence. - not a sign post of 'I AM EASY'.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
i know HEAPS of REALLY hot smart girls that aren't stuck up at all! kind of suprising considering how pretty they are.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
icelillies said:
I would say most girls that I have met - that are 'hot' - have different priorities to girls such as myself... I want to pursue Law/Politics and so the careful crafting of thought and intelligence is obviously more significant for me than for say a girl who simply wants a 'good time' (thus her more skimpy attire) and who will eventually end up married, etc. What I wear reflects my attitude and desires. I opt for the classical high waisted skirts, expensive fabrics, etc. I also usually consider the best cut for my figure as ones appearence is most definitely important in our humanistic society. My goal (ultimately) is to make a positive impression of beauty and intelligence. - not a sign post of 'I AM EASY'.

I totally agree with this.
I wouldnt call myself bad looking
however i would never wear some of the clothes ( or lack of ) that i see a lot of girls wearing. Not because ill look bad in them, but simply because those who wear v. revealing clothing, despite their personal reasons ( ie; weather ) still give off the same message. And that is ' im easy'

Im not saying anyone that wears revealing clothes is a skank. Yes it could very well be because of the summer in australia. Most cases that probably is why. However regardless of those reasons, when someone sees you dressed that way, they still make the ' shes easy ' judgement of you. Simply because as a society thats what we do.

And when i have guys approach me, I know its because they know who i am as a person and thats what they like, and not simply because they think ill be easy to ' get into '

Girls who dress that way lessen their values, then complain about how guys dont respect them. If you dont respect your body i dont understand how you can expect other people to.

I think most girls who are smart realise this and dress accordingly. thus the only people who stand out as hot are the ones who really out do themselves in search of other peoples approval and in the process pretty much give all they have to gain that approval.

DOes that make any sense ? I think ive gone off topic :p Thats my two cents anyway :)

ps; i apologise if this in anyway offends anyone here.

Last edited:

erini

HSC
I think thats a bit of a generalisation..
Plus, depends what you class as 'hot', I mean, if you're looking for girls who are wearing lots of make up, have their hair done and wear clothes that are screaming for guys to pay attention then yeh, their probably not einstein's or mother theresa's.
Plus, I'm not sure how many girls will be interested if you keep classing them as 'dumb', 'skank' or just plain 'hot'

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
If you were a hot girl would you bother studying at school and shit?

omgd.

HSC
N/A
Riet said:

yeah you would. Just because youve been blessed with good lucks doesnt mean your not smart enough to realise what the more important things in life are ;)

plus good looks only get you so far...

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Riet said:

Nah, it's true.

You wouldn't.

HalcyonSky

HSC
dumb / skank / just plain boring

it's pretty standard for most above average looking girls

HSC
omgd. said:
yeah you would. Just because youve been blessed with good lucks doesnt mean your not smart enough to realise what the more important things in life are ;)

plus good looks only get you so far...
Hellloooooooo HOLLYWOOD! Paris Hilton? Does nothing - has everything. Except a brain!

Though, once all the hot and dumb girls get old. Its over. O-V-A-H, OVAH!

omgd.

HSC
N/A
settle*precious said:
Hellloooooooo HOLLYWOOD! Paris Hilton? Does nothing - has everything. Except a brain!

Though, once all the hot and dumb girls get old. Its over. O-V-A-H, OVAH!
i cant tell if ur agreeing with me or mocking me =S

paris hilton only has fame because of her family
shes not even hot.
she has no boobs no butt and is a skeleton
i dont see any hotness in her at all =S
totes agree with ur second statement though
thats why i said smart girls know theres more important things in life :D

omgd.

HSC
N/A
fernando said:
show pics pls.

i was waiting for someone to say this =P
whether or not you believe me is entirely up to you
but im not gna show pics of myself to randoms on the internet for approval
whether or not that makes me a liar in ur minds or whatever is totally upto u
i stand by everything i said :D

Last edited:

Bainesy

HSC
yea ok then omgd. door is that way

you know you could also say that most girls just really arent that smart. yes, there are a few, but only a few, that you rarely even encounter. the rest are just of average intelligence or lower, so it just seems as though all hot girls are dumb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)