Why tears are wasted on HSC results (1 Viewer)

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/tatts-life-why-tears-are-wasted-on-hsc-results-20111213-1ostk.html

So my message to any student who is disappointed with their results today: don't worry. Life always works itself out.There are so many options to get where you want to go and the HSC may seem like the be-all and end-all today and tomorrow, but it's really not.No one - not lecturers or future employers - ever asked me about my HSC results.If I'd gone as well as I'd hoped, I doubt the course of my life would have led me to the great job, friends and family I have eight years on.
Some good words of advice in the comments section too.

The HSC is really quite insignificant. There are other paths to get where you want to go.

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
This really beautifully puts some things into perspective. To those as disappointed as I am, I hope that life turns out the way it should for you, regardless of some numbers that will one day be insignificant.

K

khorne

The only people who say fuck the HSC are people who didn't try, did shit, and now try to validate their choice by saying there are other ways to get in. While true, those ways are way more tedious. Shouldn't have fucked around in school.

HSC
The only people who say fuck the HSC are people who didn't try, did shit, and now try to validate their choice by saying there are other ways to get in. While true, those ways are way more tedious. Shouldn't have fucked around in school.
And your atar prediction is?

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/tatts-life-why-tears-are-wasted-on-hsc-results-20111213-1ostk.html

Some good words of advice in the comments section too.

The HSC is really quite insignificant. There are other paths to get where you want to go.
I agree with this, at the end of the day, the importance of the HSC is vastly overrated. Look, many people will say this to justify poor results, but it does have an element of truth to it. People think that the HSC is some major life event where failure will doom you forever and success will secure you a great future - obviously, this is not true.

HSC
I agree with this, at the end of the day, the importance of the HSC is vastly overrated. Look, many people will say this to justify poor results, but it does have an element of truth to it. People think that the HSC is some major life event where failure will doom you forever and success will secure you a great future - obviously, this is not true.
*seconded*

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
By similar tokens, the only people who say the HSC is life are the people who studied like shit crazy.

Last edited:

gardinerj

HSC
That is my cousin steph! Brilliant journo, shows that HSC is by not a defining period of your life! Cheer up everyone.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Some of us did shit on the day. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)