Wii (1 Viewer)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
watkinzez said:
Expecting Galaxy any closer than Christmas 07 is wishful thinking, unfortunately.
Yeah the date's been taken off Wikipedia now

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
wii looks harrdcoreee.
wish i could afford one.
360 was crap. played fifa, crappy graphics on it i reckon.
wii was awesome. i played that at town hall myer. :p
tried going to play again yesterday, but its GONE. replaced by foxtel. lameee.

i want to wii :(

stazi

Nightman
HSC
so you played one game on the 360, and you tink it's crap? let alone a soccer game on which the camera is way out, thus you can't even tell if the graphics are good?

watkinzez

HSC
timlay said:
wii looks harrdcoreee.
wish i could afford one.
wii was awesome. i played that at town hall myer. :p
tried going to play again yesterday, but its GONE. replaced by foxtel. lameee.

i want to wii :(
Fifa.. not the best game to judge the 360, let alone any system. Most likely an Xbox/PS2 port anyways.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Why most average gamers are hooked on FIFA's and Need For Speed Carbon's is far beyond me. PES > FIFA

timlay said:
Play Gears of War

Last edited:

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
well wii looks better than 360 in my opinion.

im not really hooked to fifa or pes.

first one to put the a league in WINS. :)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
runtlocks, can you explain why wii aint as good as 360? im still undecided as to what to get, 360 does have great games and some coming, tho wii looks quite fun..i dunno..

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Led-Zep said:
runtlocks, can you explain why wii aint as good as 360? im still undecided as to what to get, 360 does have great games and some coming, tho wii looks quite fun..i dunno..
wii IS fun. wii IS different. however, if you are looking for a next-gen console (i.e. amazing graphics [presuming you have an HDTV or monitor]) one would go for the 360. Wii has graphics that aren't much better than what you would find on the gamecube. It's great because the controller is different. That's pretty much it. Personally, I think owning both is a good option.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Led-Zep said:
Ohh, I thought he was referring to the graphics from his last post. To say the Wii has better graphics than the 360 is just silly.
In the end it all comes down to what you like. I'm personally leaning towards the 360 because of the mass of games that are comming through soon (Bioshock, Alan's Wake, Assasain's Creed, Halo 3, Lost Planet, Mass Effect) and playing with the conventional controller is how I like to play my games. But you really can't go wrong with Nintendo's franchises (Mario, Zelda, Metroid)
Wii does provide a different way to play games, as well as having games that utilise the more conventional controller, coupled with the Virtual Console which allows you to download games for past consoles makes it by far the most versatile of the three. In terms of software however, we'll just have to wait and see what the other third party companies are going to produce to back this machine. It already has it's "killer app" in Twilight Princess and more highly anticipated releases to come soon (Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
The 360 is far and away graphically superior, though if you have a great PC, I'd bank on many so called "360 exclusive games" to port over to the PC later on. The inclusion of the HD-DVD drive external extension which will come out soon I imagine, will make your 360 able to play HD-DVDs. To get maximum from the graphics however, you'll need a high definition set up at home. I also hear that later versions of the Wii is going to support standard DVD playback.
We've yet to see what the Wii's online gaming component is going to be like, but from what I've heard and read, Xbox Live continues it's dominance from last generation to this one. For the time being, if you like to play online than the 360 is the way to go. I'm not sure what the prices are on each console to go online, but I'm pretty sure Xbox Live goes for a very cheap annual fee.
And of course there's price. A Wii will cost you $400 for the console, a remote and nunchuck controller and Wii Sports, which is pretty good for a free game. The 360 will be around $650 for the console and essential extra addons like the hard drive and headset. Though these are just base prices, I'm sure you'll be able to find a deal which may throw in a free game, controller, or, God forbid, Wii sweatbands.

And that's all I can really think of at the moment.

G

Gavvvvvin

Is there a major difference in graphics between playing a 360 on a regular or HD tv?

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Yeah, there is. That's not to say you still won't be impressed by the graphics on a standard TV

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
The 360 and the PS3 will be battling it out for graphic supremacy, the Wii is leaps and bounds behind them in this department.

It's true the PS3 will have motion sensors in their controller, but they were only implemented after the unveilling of the Wii remote :rolleyes:

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
politik said:
Stop comparing the Wii to the XBOX360/PS3. It offers a totally unique gaming experience.
:rolleyes:

Err, just trying to help the guy pick between them, my good man. They're all consoles in the end, and most people will only look to buy one, so I compared the two he favoured. No harm done, really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)