Wii (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Geez, had to do some searching to find this:

Aussie-Nintendo.com - Australia's Best Nintendo Coverage - Article

As revealed earlier, SEGA Australia in conjunction with JB Hi-Fi will be giving away copies of the MadWorld OST with every pre-order of the game. Naoto Tanaka of Platinum Games recently posted an entry on the MadWorld blog, going into detail about how the game's music came about.

Largely consisting of hip hop, a total of 20 songs have been produced especially for the game. Mr. Tanaka acted as the composer, creating the backing tracks (beat and melody) before sending them off to a number of hand-picked artists to lend their vocal talents. With the development team situated in Japan, the collaboration was a difficult challenge at best, but Mr. Tanaka is more than pleased with the end results.

The official MadWorld OST will only be made avaliable as a pre-order bonus at selected retailers in both Australia and the UK; at the moment it seems both JB Hi-Fi and EB Games will be offering it down here. According to the update, the CD won't be handed out on the first day. It's not yet known if this also includes Australia, since the game launches here a week after the UK.

The tracks will also be mastered for an improved sound quality over what will be heard in-game. Platinum Games have whipped up a preview video for a handful of tunes.

A total of seven artists are contributing, including Ox, Doujah Raze, Sick YG, Bandy Leggz, Wordsmith, S.O.U.L. Purpose and Optimus. MadWorld is due to hit our shelves March 26th.

This looks pretty awesome, I enjoy a good game OST and this game is definitely on my to-buy list for the rather neglected Wii :(

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
I kind of regret getting my Wii, I mean, the games are shit.
lol i kinda regret gettin a wii, so badly wanted a ps3 instead, but my bro was like full on crying for a wii, so we got a wii lol
o well, atleast my bday is coming up...

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i got my wii for free.

only have wii sports and mario kart though.

i might get a tennnis game (top spin) but im wondering if itll be worth it? (im a tennis player so when i cbf going out ill just play on the wii)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
That VideoGame Blog Wii MotionPlus and Wii Sports Resort releases dated, oddly far apart

You know, the more accessories that Nintendo unveils for this machine, the less it seems like that $250 entry price tag is the real price. Tack on at least another $60 for your second Wii remote and nunchuk, another $40 if you want each one to have a classic control scheme as well, and now another $40 if you want the Wiimote to have incredibly precise controls. So for two basic control setups with classic controls with added motion sensitivity that arguably should have been there all along, you got yourself a $390 machine. Still a good $70 shy of a Pro Xbox 360 with an extra controller and headset, but a shy $20 behind an Arcade. Oh yeah, Wii Speak…

Anyway, the MotionPlus accessory will finally be upon us this coming June 8th. Expect the incredibly sensitive controls we have been hearing about, where “even the slightest twist of the wrist or turn of the body is replicated exactly on the TV screen.” In addition expect Wii Sports Resort to grace us with its presence as well in Jun- er… July 26th. What? “Veteran Wii users and newcomers alike can enjoy unprecedented gaming precision as they cruise on a water scooter, duel with swords, throw a Frisbee and much more.” Sounds like fun. Really, it does! But what do I do between June 8th and July 26th with this thing? Does that mean we can expect some other titles to show off the MotionPlus’s abilities before Sports Resort, or does this mean the worst case scenario where people will literally be sitting on these things for the better part of two months? One can only hope for the former.

As stated, the Wii MotionPlus accessory will cost $19.99 a piece. Wii Sports Resort will be released bundled with one for $49.99. There is no mention of a standalone version of the game in case you buy up as many MotionPlusses as you need in the 56-day gap. Maybe Nintendo’s expecting insane demand and this is their way of offsetting it a bit? Oh well, still looking forward to it.
Yes, MotionPlus dated!

kent

HSC
hi i am new and i have a wii. yea the wii is alright to many people but i believe the wii was underdeveloped and rushed. i am most disappointed about the sheetty battery life of the wii motes. anyway my favourite game is red steel. crappy but fun.

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
While i see your point, in comparison to the xbox and ps3, the Wii cant compete in games for the serious gamer or whatever you like to call those type of games.
Simply your personal opinion, and it is wrong.

Clearly it does, as Wii sales rape both consoles.

Furthermore, a serious gamer is likely to have all consoles + PC.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
^ Lol'd.
You say it's his opinion, yet you say that the opinion is wrong.

Wii sales are higher because they're cheaper and it was way overhyped. I mean the whole motion sensor thing appeals to a whole different audience.

Serious gamers have a PS3 and a PC. Or maybe an xbox and a PC. Only dumbass serious gamers have a Wii. (I have a Wii :()

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)