Do you support wikileak's actions?

• Yes

Votes: 63 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
HSC
Uni Grad
Obviously, the govt shouldn't be keeping secrets from the people it governs.

HSC
Uni Grad
but what about the terrorists i.e. muslims

they will use that info to bomb us
Let them rain their explosive contraptions of destruction down upon us and show us the way of righteousness, the way of the light, the way of Allah!!1!!eleven!!1!1

Garygaz

HSC
I loved fawk news complaining how they released the list of target that were listed as important to national security.

I'm sure all dem terrywrists were sitting in their caves and were like, 'awww fuck, so that's where we should attack, the more you know!'

Garygaz

HSC
lol @ all the /b/tards getting all angst
hey look at me, i dl'd a loic off of fileshare and followed the wordpad document on how to get it working!

LOOK AT ME MUM, I'M A HACKER!

Lentern

HSC
I believe in a little thing called a right to privacy and frankly it's none of my business nor anyone else here what Alexander Downer says to Colin Powell in a private conversation. I don't have a problem with whistle blowing, but Wikileaks is not merely whistle blowing it's launching a full scale assault on the right to privacy.

murphyad

HSC
I believe in a little thing called a right to privacy and frankly it's none of my business nor anyone else here what Alexander Downer says to Colin Powell in a private conversation. I don't have a problem with whistle blowing, but Wikileaks is not merely whistle blowing it's launching a full scale assault on the right to privacy.
government officials do not have a 'right to privacy'

Garygaz

HSC
That would require thousands of man hours to fine comb through each cable and define them either as gossip or of genuine interest to the public. Not worth their time to do this nor would they be able to.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
said Murphyad before turning to ponder why it was politicians treated their constituents with such contempt.
*their employees

*who they serve

* on whose fucking money they survive

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
The free flow of information, especially dissent, is the highest cause. I understand that governments have a right and obligation to keep secrets, but it's their job to keep them better, and journalists have a right and obligation to ferret out any information they can.

Lentern

HSC
*their employees

*who they serve

* on whose fucking money they survive
A weak argument by your standards, there are much better ones you could have used. I serve my boss and survive on his money but do I follow his instructions to a fine point? Absolutely not if I did that I'd be wandering round a empty part of the warehouse for half my shift twiddling my thumbs, meanwhile in another section they'd have switched off the machine because the lanes are about to clog. Do I tell my boss each and everything I do at the warehouse and the reasons for it? Absolutely not, would it assist the company, the clients and anyone else concerned if I did? Well it might get someone else a job because the DC was running less efficiently but otherwise, absolutely not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)