Will you ever break up because parents told you to? (1 Viewer)

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
well my parents especially my mum has told me they really dont like this girl I am dating. They say shes too short and all this crap........and they keep thinking I am looking for someone to marry...like wtf Makes my life that much harder

FML

HalcyonSky

HSC
hahah your parents said 'your girlfriend is too short' as a serious point against her?

wow

HSC
I'd never do it if they were like 'We really want you to break up with...because we don't like them.' But maybe if I was unsure about how a relationship was going and then they gave me some advice about it then I would take that into consideration.

miaowsha

HSC
I've been in this situation before and yes, I did break up with him. The relationship had lasted a year and we had been close friends previously. My parents never liked his 'arty' and 'laid back' personality. The situation came to a head when he defended me to my parents and they believed he had stepped out of line. They gave me the ultimatum of stay with him and the entire family will disown you. So I made my choice...

Until I am married and settled I will always take my mothers opinions of my partners into consideration. I know she will only have my best interests in mind and has a fresh outside perspective.
Actually it just sounds like your mother is a controlling whore who probably used similar ultimatums on her husband to keep him dusting the curtains. Tell her to stop bitchin' and get back in the kitchen. What, did she think you'd actually do something with your life rather than just sit there and be fat all day? 1 year relationship gone because of her "disowning" you.

In all seriousness though... If she was ACTUALLY going to disown you over him defending you... She doesn't have your best interests at heart as disowning you would emotionally fuck you for some time and she should want her daughter to be happy.

Also, she clearly wants you with a pussy who wouldn't stand up to the "oh so scary" parents... Let alone to anyone else... So honestly girl not only did you probably lose a prize of a man and thus are a silly whore but your mother is an idiot and you are for listening to her. It's your life after-all. I guess he deserves better than someone who will dump them after they were trying to defend them though...

Before you ask, yes I've been in that situation and yes my parents are strict as well. They threatened to disown me and did they? No. If they really do disown you they do NOT have your interests at heart. Hell, even if you were some fat junkie slut. Rehab. Not disowning. Lol.

miaowsha

HSC
whats worse was that he went right off her and onto another girl within the month. man whore.
I would too if I was him unless I actually cared what others thought of me :) I think maybe I would do so just to spite the original girl lol

miaowsha

HSC
no offence, i have nothing against you personally
but WTF? what the hell will you do when your some middle age spinster, with no mum around to tell you who to marry?
its the basic fundamentals of parents - unless he's a good little christian (or whatever your faith is) boy with tonnes of money and a law degree, theyre not gonna like him.
I agree at the rage at the post you're replying to but not all of us are religious here. Also my parents are strict. They don't look at the money side of things (they dont want their daughter marrying for money, after-all, I am not a slut). As well as that other (non-arts) degrees are fine for mine. It really just depends. Besides, apart from the superficial factors it's really what they think of him as a person (they try to talk to any bf I have lots) which makes up their mind quickly.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
It depends. My parents do know what is best for me, and that is known from experience. If I was totally off my head and with a druggo, then yep. I would count on them to restore me back to normal.
Otherwise, I don't see why they would...

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
why do you stay on so late jee, don't you have school

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Yes, and I have two prelim exams tomorrow too. The only way I can stay awake reading some notes is to be on BoS or FB etc simultaneously or I'll fall asleep.

fml, I hate the way I work.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
lol go sleep, you need it.

prelim anyways, noone cares. stop being so hard on urself

miaowsha

HSC
It depends. My parents do know what is best for me, and that is known from experience. If I was totally off my head and with a druggo, then yep. I would count on them to restore me back to normal.
Otherwise, I don't see why they would...
If you're not a druggie you should have the mental capacity to make the decision of who to be with without their input unless the significant other is abusing you or harming you in some other way. Ie they should trust your taste...

Jeee

Banned
HSC
lol go sleep, you need it.

prelim anyways, noone cares. stop being so hard on urself
Nah only four hours until I get ready for school might as well stay up. I haven't studied for either yet so I'm screwed. Ah well, like you said, they're prelims, the time to make mistakes.

Four hours to go...

You know I still can't believe you're Asian. Thought you were a white kid. You deceived me well.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
If you're not a druggie you should have the mental capacity to make the decision of who to be with without their input unless the significant other is abusing you or harming you in some other way. Ie they should trust your taste...
Yes, but the complexity of my culture does form some kind of obstruction as to who I can be with, I guess. It's very minimal, but I need to have the basic 'standards' checked off first.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Nah only four hours until I get ready for school might as well stay up. I haven't studied for either yet so I'm screwed. Ah well, like you said, they're prelims, the time to make mistakes.

Four hours to go...

You know I still can't believe you're Asian. Thought you were a white kid. You deceived me well.
lol, how'd you know i was asian?

Jeee

Banned
HSC
I found out the hard way LOL...
Someone posted that gif animation of you and (I presume) your mum.

But ja, I hang out with azns, I'm the random wog in the middle.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
ah, that picture. pretty immature of 'em.

lol, token wog.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)