Workload for a first year Commerce/Law Student? (1 Viewer)

ameher

HSC
Hi! From your experience and perspective, is elements hard to grasp and memorise? Some say its what has let them down with their grades, whilst a large portion of others say they are 'easy marks'.
You essentially just have to get your approach on how to study them right. Each week your elements notes will be the lecture slides with words missing. When you listen to the lecture, you fill in the words missing. Essentially by understanding these lecture slides and applying them to practice questions which will be given throughout the semester, you should be fine for the exam. That approach got me a solid mark overall for ACST101.

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi! From your experience and perspective, is elements hard to grasp and memorise? Some say its what has let them down with their grades, whilst a large portion of others say they are 'easy marks'.
The only reason it lets people down with their grades is because they simply don't bother paying attention or studying the elements.

As ameher said, go to lecture/or listen to ilecture fill in the blanks and study the lecture notes.

Last edited:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Also another tip, try and attempt the elements quizzes offered on iLearn. They don't count towards your grade but they were somewhat similar to last semesters final exam qs.

Proteus

HSC
Hey krndragon, how did you find today's lecture, tute and cohort? :)

rayy_bann

HSC
On a different note, for those people who just had law109, what are your thoughts? Personally I think I'm more interested in learning this subject as opposed to having to do law115 again. the unit itself seems more structured than 115. It also has a more 'legal studies' feel with the early topics such as crime and justice. Although, I can't say much. It's only been 1 lecture. However, overall, seems like an interesting and hopefully enjoyable course.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
On a different note, for those people who just had law109, what are your thoughts? Personally I think I'm more interested in learning this subject as opposed to having to do law115 again. the unit itself seems more structured than 115. It also has a more 'legal studies' feel with the early topics such as crime and justice. Although, I can't say much. It's only been 1 lecture. However, overall, seems like an interesting and hopefully enjoyable course.
Yeah I feel the same. It's more interesting than torts (which I also had today), that's for sure.

Proteus

HSC
Yer you don't really need the book. When i did it i referred to it maybe once or twice out of the 13 weeks. The rest was just using the great lecture slides for both the techniques and the elements. But learn the elements. Really emphasise that, easy marks to be had.
Hey mate, are you sayign we don't really need BOTH books or one of the two. If it's the latter, whih one?

Cheers

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Hahas OP, i will most definitely see you around!
I am enrolled in 3 exact subjects as you!

ACST101, ECON111 and ACCT106

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey krndragon, how did you find today's lecture, tute and cohort? :)
Cohort was super smart and laughed at the Introduction section.

I did not attend the tute as I thought it was not on for the Tutorial because of course outline, I didn't hear Carlos say the Tutorial announcement as I sat in the far end (Although, it was on).

Proteus

HSC
Btw, was the Tutorial good? Interesting and any work completed?
Yea, tutorial was good. We went through the Ethical and Moral issues together and it was very stimulating and challenging for the brain.

I had someone say to me that they never knew law could be so fun after the tutorial, LOL.

No written work was completed though, take a look on iLearn and go through the stuff listed under Tutorial 1 if you haven't already done so.
Should be interesting for you as well.

Proteus

HSC
Hey Ben, don't think I saw you in the lecture this week and last week.

Where are you mate? haha

HSC
Is it really necessary to buy the ECON111/BBA102 texts?

rayy_bann

HSC
Is it really necessary to buy the ECON111/BBA102 texts?
I can't say for BBA102 as I haven't done it, but for ECON111, definitely! Many of the tute questions interwine with examples specifically from the textbook. As well as this, some concepts in the lecture notes may be just given and not explained, whilst the textbook thoroughly explains this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)