• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

World Idol (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
MORE NEWS

Simon Cowell might have to learn how to criticize in different languages.

The producers behind Britain's "Pop Idol" and "American Idol" will hold a "World Idol" competition on Christmas and New Year's Day in London, FOX announced Friday (November 14).

Kelly Clarkson will vie for the inaugural title against the U.K.'s Will Young and nine other singers from different countries. What the prize will be has not been announced, and only winners from first seasons of the "Idol" shows are eligible, so Ruben Studdard will have to wait until the next "World Idol" competition.

A panel of judges with one representative from each country will critique the performances, and viewers around the world will vote. Details on the voting process have not been released, but FOX said it will be set up so singers from larger countries do not have an unfair advantage.

Shows based on Britain's original "Pop Idol" are seen in more than 20 countries.

Whether or not Cowell will be one of the judges has not been announced, but he could represent the United States or the U.K.

"World Idol" will air at 8 p.m. ET on December 25 and 9 p.m. ET on January 1

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39

Kelly Clarkson will vie for the inaugural title against the U.K.'s Will Young and nine other singers from different countries.

lol-what better proof of the shows bias!
"Kelly Clarkson vs Will Young!....oh, and 9 other random people as well, to pad the show out a little."

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Go Kelly.
As long as Guy doesn't win I'm happy with whoever it is.

Sorry, to all those Teenybopers who likes him and brought his album...

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC

As long as Guy doesn't win I'm happy with whoever it is.
It's not about who wins or loses...it's about what COUNTRY wins or loses!

Where is everyones aussie pride?

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by piccaninny
i doubt that australia will win.
yeah me too!
but what the heck! go australia!

(if not.. go norway! LOL)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
It's not about who wins or loses...it's about what COUNTRY wins or loses!

Where is everyones aussie pride?
pffft, with Guy as OUR representative, all our "pride" are out of the window.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
How is the voting structured?
Each country gets to vote using their own voting systems. The home contestant from each participating country (e.g. Kelly Clarkson in the United States) will automatically start with the highest points (12) awarded from their own country. Viewers from each country will then vote on the remaining ten contestants and once the votes are tallied and the position of each contestant is determined (1st place, 2nd place etc.) points will be awarded in accordance with the Points System below.

Points System:
Home country contestant 12 points
1st place 10 points
2nd place 9 points
3rd place 8 points
4th place 7 points
5th place 6 points
6th place 5 points
7th place 4 points
8th place 3 points
9th place 2 points
10th place 1 point

The points each Idol gets from all of the countries will be tallied and added together by an independent vote management company to determine their overall position in the contest.

How much does it cost to vote?
Telephone calls to the World Idol voting lines are toll-free. If you use a wireless phone to call the World Idol voting line, airtime and applicable roaming and long distance charges will apply. Additionally, if you vote using AT&T Wireless Text Messaging, fees will apply see Can I Vote By Using My Cell Phone for more details

More news soon.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
How much does it cost to vote?
Telephone calls to the World Idol voting lines are toll-free.
YES! wait.... NO!!! wtf i wanna vote for guy for free, i don't want to be tempted to vote for another country just because it's free

but actually, it doesn't work like that does it? it is working in placings, meaning it is more fair, and SOMEONE has to come second from australia's votes..... ok that's cool when i think about it more, i will vote then

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by lillaila
i still dun get it........so if i call from ma home phone its free?
yes. Unless channel 10 is once again trying to rip us off....

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by iambored

but actually, it doesn't work like that does it? it is working in placings, meaning it is more fair, and SOMEONE has to come second from australia's votes..... ok that's cool when i think about it more, i will vote then
awww, pleeease.........:rolleyes:
I want Kelly to win but my vote will give Guy the first place....So OBVIOUSLY it is better off for Guy-hater not to vote in Australia!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
awww, pleeease.........:rolleyes:
I want Kelly to win but my vote will give Guy the first place....So OBVIOUSLY it is better off for Guy-hater not to vote in Australia!
The way I inteperated that post is that its going to work on equal votes per county. Ie America won't have alot more votes for their idol. Guy is going to automatically get 12 points from Australia (and only 12 points, not 12 points per vote) , so you should vote for Kelly to help get her 10 points, since Guy is automatically going to get 12 points.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
The way I inteperated that post is that its going to work on equal votes per county. Ie America won't have alot more votes for their idol.
huh?? The American voters will still automatically give 12 points to Kelly when they vote. So I don't know where you got that theory from...
And this happens to all people. When you vote, you are automatically voting The HOME IDOL first. then you select your "preference"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)