• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

World Idol (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Suney_J
nah, i was kiddin, i meant they look the same, maybe not the same but the same look
lol
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
Ok...can someone in the know tell me if I have this straight:
Each voter ranks each contestant in order (with their countries idol automatically in top place). Then, all the ranks are added up, to result in one single list of ranks from each country.
Then-this is compiled with the rankings from each other country, and whoever winds up with the highest rank at the end is the winner.
Is that right? :(
ummm... welll i don't think each voter ranks each contestant in order. -- people vote. each country votes to their own line. i am only using australia as a example atm. then the votes are tallied for australia. that's where the rank comes from. AUSTRALIA ranks who they have voted, and from australia's ranks (with guy being first) you get a rank order. first rank (guy) = 12 points, 2nd rank = 10 points, 3rd ranks = 9 points

i found this in the tele 22 dec
"Idol voting pointedly puzzling"

"the system awards an automatic highest vote to the country of each idol's origin with viewers unable to vote for the home competitor. for e.g. before guy even clears his throat he will get 12 points from australia. then idol who receives the most votes from australia will be awarded 10 points, the competitor in the second highest vote tally receives 9 points and so on until the person with the lowest number of cotes gets 1. the max points any one idol can get it 112."

this article also mentions that guy sand what a wonderfulk world, so he did only get to sing 1 song!!
and also, something about phone voting. and it says that aussie's voting will COST MONEY!! and for example canada's is free!!

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
lol

ummm... welll i don't think each voter ranks each contestant in order. -- people vote. each country votes to their own line. i am only using australia as a example atm. then the votes are tallied for australia. that's where the rank comes from. AUSTRALIA ranks who they have voted, and from australia's ranks (with guy being first) you get a rank order. first rank (guy) = 12 points, 2nd rank = 10 points, 3rd ranks = 9 points

Thanks...That makes sense now.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
There will be 16 hosts...........

Why the hell Australia is charging us again when the F$%@@ whole world is voting for free......

Channel 10 you scap!

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
OMG!, the rest of the world get 2 vote 4 free? thats a discrace, not that i care, i wasn't gonna vote ne way

and what do u mean 16 hosts, why 16?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by lillaila
So wished Cosima could have made it........she came top 2 did u kno?......after Guy.......well obviously obviously.
She didnt come top 2.. they said it on the radio (hot 30 countdown) because they have connections with channel 10 (kyle was on big brother) and she said that out of 1.4 million votes.. guy had 1.1 million and the difference between shannon and cosima was about 500 votes... but shannon got through
just thought id mention that lol.. i hate cosima

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
She didnt come top 2.. they said it on the radio (hot 30 countdown) because they have connections with channel 10 (kyle was on big brother) and she said that out of 1.4 million votes.. guy had 1.1 million and the difference between shannon and cosima was about 500 votes...
Even if Cosima did get in...Guy still would have won out of them.

As for hosts-every country is sending along a host. Ours is that guy with the blonde hair who always stares oddly...don't know his name.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Suney_J
OMG!, the rest of the world get 2 vote 4 free? thats a discrace, not that i care, i wasn't gonna vote ne way

and what do u mean 16 hosts, why 16?
It is a disgrace. Plus we got Guy :p
Why 16? I think some countries sent 1, some sent 2 hosts.

Originally posted by cro_angel
...out of 1.4 million votes.. guy had 1.1 million and the difference between shannon and cosima was about 500 votes... but shannon got through
just thought id mention that lol.. i hate cosima
oh pleeeease....Stop making up crap.
Guy is so not going to win World Idol.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
Why the hell Australia is charging us again when the F$%@@ whole world is voting for free......

Channel 10 you scap!
i know, well i'm not spending my money on them, since it's not like we can vote for guy anyway. what a waste of money. i hope no one votes.
Ours is that guy with the blonde hair who always stares oddly...don't know his name.
lol, i think the guy with the brown hair is the one who always stares oddly!!!

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Survivor39
There will be 16 hosts...........

Channel 10 you scap!
"The lottery is a tax for people who can't do math"

I felt this quote appropriate for some reason...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it's on tonight!!!! don't miss it!!!
lol, I think they BOTH did, come to think of it!
i think it's because they are reading the screen with what they have to say, and try very hard to keep their eyes still

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
lol

can't wait to watch it!

... nothing more interesting on tonight... or any other night for that matter.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by Tenax Propositi

... nothing more interesting on tonight...
yeah my wife and kids! MuahUAh that show is soOo crap but i cant help myself

so yeah - gonna watch world idol anyway

- i really doubt that guy will win, but good luck to him anyway!

(go norway!)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
apparantly the judges are horrible, they completely tore the idols to pieces - except guy :D so i think he has a chance?
kelly clarkson probably has a better one coz she's known worldwide...

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i have my 10 bucks on kelly, she's got a better chance as you said..

when is the winner announced?

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i have no idea....
i think we have a week to vote?!
tonights' show is pre recorded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)