World of Warcraft (1 Viewer)

no7

HSC
i started playing this at the beginning of last semester and i realise my life suffered alot at the expense of raiding heavily. Looking to leave the game and move on with life (prolly sell my char to the highest bidder too if its worth anything)

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei'Thos&n=Vivandi

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Serius said:
argh bloody belfs. Atleast its a female, the males look like they have cawk addiction aswell as magic.

If i see you i will play nice and level up my swords :D
Haha, I don't like belfs much, but there's no choice with a pally.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
not too bad. How come you went howl of terror? everything else seems to be more of a raiding build.

Trisk

HSC
On Jubei'Thos:

Rades - 70 warlock (Gladiator from arena season 1)
Sariela - 70 warrior
Trisk - 70 druid

aman'thul:

Trisk - 62 rogue

armory for warlock:

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei'Thos&n=Rades

Platinum CS

HSC
I gave up after only getting lvl 34 Tauren hunter on Darkspear server.

I don't know why but even the much crappier game "runescape" can hold my attention longer.

Maybe its because the quests aren't the typical WoW "Go kill 20 boars and come back for your reward"

Dr.Dan

HSC
Platinum CS said:
I gave up after only getting lvl 34 Tauren hunter on Darkspear server.

I don't know why but even the much crappier game "runescape" can hold my attention longer.

Maybe its because the quests aren't the typical WoW "Go kill 20 boars and come back for your reward"
Its funny you know , i didnt actually believe there would be a games section here , let alone wow. Some advice for ppl doing hsc in 07/08, quit , quit right now, trust me .....
wow ruins ppls life , the wow society is full of losers .....

also one thing i noticed , most ppl here who posted have finished the hsc...

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah, i started as soon as i finished the HSC because i was scared i would waste all my time on it. A few people just stopped coming to school for a few weeks when it came out, one guy dropped out just before the HSC because he wanted to get to lvl60.

The whole point of wow isnt the "fun" quests, its the social aspect, and the challenge of doing an instance with the right group. Of course there are a number of really fun solo quests, but alot of them are like : take [crate] to [person] or kill 20 hell boars and come back, or even worse the drop ones: get 20 deranged troll ears and come back, and they have like a 10% drop rate from deranged trolls.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Serius said:
yeah, i started as soon as i finished the HSC because i was scared i would waste all my time on it. A few people just stopped coming to school for a few weeks when it came out, one guy dropped out just before the HSC because he wanted to get to lvl60.

The whole point of wow isnt the "fun" quests, its the social aspect, and the challenge of doing an instance with the right group. Of course there are a number of really fun solo quests, but alot of them are like : take [crate] to [person] or kill 20 hell boars and come back, or even worse the drop ones: get 20 deranged troll ears and come back, and they have like a 10% drop rate from deranged trolls.
I learned to appreciate grind quests. Any excuse to grind is a good one, in my opinion.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
There are levelling guides that you can follow very easily in www.wow-pro.com. I wish I knew about this site when I started, it would have given me a lot of ideas on where the hell to go.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I followed the joana guide for my hunter, which was VERY helpful. For my priest, who was my first 60, I used a grinding guide. I had so much gold, but it took ages. I was able to buy all of my mounts, except for the epic flyer, as soon as I reached the level requirement.

Redwan

HSC
N/A
Dr. Maressa Orzack, a clinical psychologist at McLean Hospital in Newton, Massachusetts, was interviewed August 8, 2006, stating that of the 6 million subscribers "I'd say that 40 percent of the players are addicted. The 40 percent figure was not derived from a scientific study overseen by Dr. Orzack, but rather came from "a forum that Nick Yee runs". She added in an August 2006 interview that "even if the percentage is 5 to 10 percent which is standard for most addictive behaviors, it is a huge number of people who are out of control." Also, according to Dr. John Grohol, a colleague of Orzack's, "Dr. Orzack is not claiming that up to 40% of World of Warcraft gamers are addicted based upon any actual evidence or surveys of players. This is just her opinion, based upon her own experience and observation of the problem."

Wow That Scares Me, A Close Friend Of Mine Almost Plays 50 Hours Every Week And He Still Passes Tests o_O Wonder How He Studies With That Kind Of Addiction

Trisk

HSC
Redwan said:
Dr. Maressa Orzack, a clinical psychologist at McLean Hospital in Newton, Massachusetts, was interviewed August 8, 2006, stating that of the 6 million subscribers "I'd say that 40 percent of the players are addicted. The 40 percent figure was not derived from a scientific study overseen by Dr. Orzack, but rather came from "a forum that Nick Yee runs". She added in an August 2006 interview that "even if the percentage is 5 to 10 percent which is standard for most addictive behaviors, it is a huge number of people who are out of control." Also, according to Dr. John Grohol, a colleague of Orzack's, "Dr. Orzack is not claiming that up to 40% of World of Warcraft gamers are addicted based upon any actual evidence or surveys of players. This is just her opinion, based upon her own experience and observation of the problem."

Wow That Scares Me, A Close Friend Of Mine Almost Plays 50 Hours Every Week And He Still Passes Tests o_O Wonder How He Studies With That Kind Of Addiction
You do both at the same time. WoW is not a fast paced game where 100% attention is required the entire time.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
Serius said:

far are you serious, what idiot would drop out of school for a video game, especially when youve come so far.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
A lot of the top guilds are sponsored by gaming companies to play. Not saying thats why people dropped out of school for it, but some people do make a living playing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)