Worst car on the road today? (1 Viewer)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
For anyone who complains about 4wd's, seriously, you have to take it in context. A soccer parent who drives a petrol 4wd in the city because they like feeling powerful and hate dealing with diesel deserves to have their license taken away, they are just wasting fuel. However, many either live in the country or frequently go offroading (or various other outdoor activities), these people have every need and right to drive such a vehicle, and I feel some generalise against 4wd owners and criticise them universally.
We agree dude. I can happily rail against the glut of X5s that clog my suburb while happily hosing the mud off my mate's farm Lexus 4wd

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Saab was great until it was GMified and thus shittified. Pretty much everything they've made in the last decade are rebadges or remodels that show no real improvement.

Hopefully this Spyker deal goes through
they've been shut down haven't they

EDIT: disregard that i suck cock

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Lol at source but

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/business/europe/2009/12/23/237749/Spyker-extends.htm

HSC
haha BS...its only a death trap if a shit driver is behind the wheel
bullshit, have you seen the condition of most of the excels still on the road? cheap pieces of crap ..

i don't trust those things at all hey, it feels like if you sneeze on it the fucking drivers door will fly off, i'd rather be on a plastic tricycle in a crash

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Didn't they say it was being wound down and then another opportunity arose? *shrugs* I stopped caring a while ago though TBH.

HSC
also lol at the 4wd shit turning circle thing, i always crack up when i see some dickwad soccer mum speeding in a bmw 4wd trying to pull a u-turn at traffic lights or something, doesn't make it and has to make it a three point turn with people beeping their horns at them and then they speed off looking all embarrassed lol

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
my old 1998 volkswagen passat is the shittest car on the road today
lucky for me i sold it in october

i wouldnt be surprised if its at a scrap metal yard by now

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
My own car is a 23 year old 2.6 Mitsubishi Sigma wagon, she aint pretty but she is tough as nails, manual without power steering but I still prefer driving it to a lot of my mate's cars that I have driven...especially excels haha. I think the poor fuel economy is offset by being able to sleep in the back.
This... Is a TRUE P-plater.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
perhaps korean cars are better these days, but they arnt much cheaper than the japanese alternatives... not to mention jap cars look better and has more gadgets as standard

i must admit, in the 90s, saabs were decent in looks

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, read the article I posted.

I care because I have a pre-GM Saab :eek:
*reads it* Pretty much where I was upto in my knowledge of what's happening with Saab... so there's still no conclusion?

ps. My Mum used to have an old 900i... I still remember the stupid keys in the centre console. WTF? Why? Apart from this it was a good car for it's generation.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
perhaps korean cars are better these days, but they arnt much cheaper than the japanese alternatives... not to mention jap cars look better and has more gadgets as standard
Agreed. But I think on a size/dimensions deal... you'll find that you can get bigger Korean cars for the same buck as Japanese cars (e.g. Cruze, Elantra, Sonata, etc). Bigger isn't always better but just an observation which is bound to bear relevance to many families who don't care about driving dynamics and are happy with a Korean car which has similar reliability, and surprisingly good looks (as of recently).

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
*reads it* Pretty much where I was upto in my knowledge of what's happening with Saab... so there's still no conclusion?
Not as of yet.

ps. My Mum used to have an old 900i... I still remember the stupid keys in the centre console. WTF? Why? Apart from this it was a good car for it's generation.
Dude, the keys in the centre console are a GOOD thing. I can't understand why other manufacturers don't do this. They don't jingle and hit your leg!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Dude, the keys in the centre console are a GOOD thing. I can't understand why other manufacturers don't do this. They don't jingle and hit your leg!
They get in the way of the handbrake and you can cut yourself on any loose keys when pulling hard! Oh well I prefer smart/wireless keys nowadays :)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
They get in the way of the handbrake and you can cut yourself on any loose keys when pulling hard! Oh well I prefer smart/wireless keys nowadays :)
What? BS. The handbrake and the keys are hugely separated - at least on my Saab.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
What? BS. The handbrake and the keys are hugely separated - at least on my Saab.
It's been a while (like 10+ years) since we had the 900i but from memory the handbrake was on top of the keyhole and my Mum had a LOT of keys there... and I think it was a 1993 model? *shrugs* Which is yours?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
It's been a while (like 10+ years) since we had the 900i but from memory the handbrake was on top of the keyhole and my Mum had a LOT of keys there... and I think it was a 1993 model? *shrugs* Which is yours?
1998 9-3s. On mine, the keyfob is quite far up from the handbreak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)