• Yes

Votes: 82 56.2%
  • No

Votes: 64 43.8%

• Total voters

*Minka*

HSC
Phanatical said:
Apologies for crudeness, but I say fuck what the woman wants, because the woman fucked her rights away committing the act. That, right there, is the proverbial signing of the dotted line on the contract of life. From that point on, the welfare of the child is paramount.
Just because you are having sex doesn't mean you want a baby.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
You don't necessarily learn how to fire a gun because you want to shoot people. But every time you fire a gun, you run the risk of doing exactly that - and it doesn't matter whether you meant to shoot the person, or the duck waddling around them, because the consequence (for the person shot, that is) is exactly the same. It's the same with baby making. Whether or not you intended it, you've done it so you need to take responsibility for your actions.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Phanatical said:
You don't necessarily learn how to fire a gun because you want to shoot people. But every time you fire a gun, you run the risk of doing exactly that - and it doesn't matter whether you meant to shoot the person, or the duck waddling around them, because the consequence (for the person shot, that is) is exactly the same. It's the same with baby making. Whether or not you intended it, you've done it so you need to take responsibility for your actions.
Are you implying I like bukkakeing ducks?

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
I'd classify getting an abortion as taking responsibility.

*wbg*

HSC
would i get an an abortion: well if i got pregnant before i was 19 yes in theory but i dont spose i really know what the emotional side of it would be until i get there. I cant imagine myself in a situation wheré id need to - is there a reason why peple dont take the morning after pill? i mean, even if they suspect they MAY be pregnant.. why not just take it to avoid the later complications? (and occasionally IVD can be used as emergency termination devices and they can be used up to five days after fertilization so...)

if i was raped: definintely take the morning after pill so abortion could probably be avoided

HSC
I'm a fence sitter!!!

Needle in the arse once every three months, then the morning after pill and then (ONLY IF THEN) abortion!

I think of abortion like this, YES its a baby in the first three months - This because I know how women (and their supportive partners) feel when they miscarriage in the first three months (my sister and a good friend) but I totally think if the mother isn't ready, she still has that option because its better not to be born, then know your weren't wanted (I wasn't wanted up until I was four and made my mum faint and then it only lasted nine years til she didn't want me again).

The mother takes on board what the father says and then makes her decision!!!

HSC
brogan77 said:
Yeah, mad call...gold class!

I just think ur an intolerant fuck who masqerades as a open minded progressive. U frown upon others beliefs and push your own agenda as the unequivocally right one.
First you condemned anyone that eats meat as savages, now ur condemning anyone that has an abortion as murderers. Fuck off and go save the whales.
Thankyou, it was a "mad call".

I don't want to get into a flame war, but look what you're doing and everyone in this thread is doing. I'm doing just that. Most Pro-choice people are shocked that pro-life people think that a foetus is still a human being before the 3 month "deadline". I'm shocked at people who don't. Just because you don't agree with what I say doesn't mean u can call me an "intoleratant fuck". You don't really tollerate me do you?

If you had the same view point as me, you wouldn't be saying that. Everything is relative. I could say the same thing you said to me about other people AND you (pro-choice/omnivores), which I have, which makes me a hipocrite. Sorry. I'm working on it --> thats me working on my morality.

I asked people nicely a few weeks ago on how I should approach omni's with the subject of vegetarianism/veganism (on non-school). I think you were one of the one's (I remember that idiot shroedinger was one of them) who totally mocked the idea of me trying to be sympathetic to other people's feelings. If that's the case, then what am I supose to do? Not express my view point? I'm not going to let that happen. You give me an alternative... concerning both abortion and vegetarianism.

Last edited:

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Maybe a better example is how we all drive cars. There's a question on the DQT that reminds us that "Driving is one of the most dangerous things people do", yet we rarely think of the responsibility entrusted to us when we take the wheel. The lives of your passengers, people outside your car, and yourself are in your hands, and even if you don't "mean" to have an accident, when you do you still have to face the ramifications of your accident.

There is no greater responsibility than the creation of a human life. Whether or not you intended to create that life is irrelevant. Your actions, in committing the act of sex, CAN result in the creation of life - and if that creation of life happens, then it is a responsibility that the parents MUST bear.

Abortion gives us two broad options. We can consider the impact on the parents, or we can consider the impact on the unborn child(ren). Is the termination of human life (no matter how fragile) more valuable than the convenience for the parents? If our parents were in hospital, would we just ask the hospital to pull the plug so we could get at their estate? Because that is, for all intents and purposes, exactly what a mother and father having an abortion is doing.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
I've been thinking about it for a while now, and i've decided that i'm going to have Dynamic22 aborted.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
minushuman said:
I've been thinking about it for a while now, and i've decided that i'm going to have Dynamic22 aborted.
hahaha OMG sigged... if itll fit

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
i had a pregnancy scare at the beginning of year 12 and i decided that if i were pregnant, i would abort. luckily i didn't have to do that. now that i'm finished school i think that if i were to fall pregnant i would have the child. i'm an adult now, and it would be my responsibility and fault for not taking necessary precautions (unless it was an accident, but even then, having sex carries with it potential consequences).

if i was raped i'd take the morning after pill.

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
If god didn't want people having abortions he wouldn't have allowed someone to make a pill for it.
God doesn't want us too kill eachother but we are. Infact we're better at killing ourselves than we are healing ourselves =/

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
brogan77 said:
Ladies, what if u got pregnant from rape?
Would u consider abortion in that situation?
Yes if that happened I would abort.
But in other circumstances I don't know what I would do.

-a-s-h-i-

HSC
brogan77 said:
Ladies, what if u got pregnant from rape?
Would u consider abortion in that situation?
definately..i would with no doubts..

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Casmira said:
God doesn't want us too kill eachother but we are. Infact we're better at killing ourselves than we are healing ourselves =/
Obviously god does want us to kill each other because he allows it. If he didn't want us to do it he wouldn't let us.

*Minka*

HSC
Most of you harping on about Gods Will know nothing about religion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)