Would you join a political party? (1 Viewer)

Would you join a political party

• Yes-Liberal

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • Yes-Labor

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Yes-Greens

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Yes-legalise cannbis

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • yes-other

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • no

Votes: 23 31.5%

• Total voters

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
Re: Would you join a poltical party

No, it's true, really. If by success he means holding down government. Because of the preference system, Australia has a very central focus in the political spectrum... Unless we see either massive reforms (or a massive pro far-left/right movement whereby, by some chance, a minor party receives an overwhelming percentage of votes) we'll continue to see this two-party dominance... We won't have anything like in England with the DLP holding about a third of the House of Commons..
The Greens are at about 10 to 30% on all levels of government. I mean regardless of your thoughts on the Greens I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the two-party system to falter soon. Certainly in the Senate.

And the Nationals seem to be cutting their leash too. We'll see how that goes. Frankly I think they're a fossil.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
There are a lot of libertarians in the YLs (like myself) - though I don't know what the situation in WA, we're coming out of the woodwork in NSW, and are in majority in VIC.

spyro14

HSC
I mean Howard was lecturing on why a Bill of rights is a bad idea - saying how the liberal in Liberal Party comes from "Classical Liberal", (a theory of limited government) to saying how a proposed bill of rights undermines the prestige of parliament in decision-making.
Australia doesn't need a bill of rights, he's right maybe just not for the right reasons.

spyro14

HSC
Australian Sex Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To hold a referendum to create mandatory equal numbers of women in the Senate and State Upper Houses.

Epic Fail.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Australian Sex Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To hold a referendum to create mandatory equal numbers of women in the Senate and State Upper Houses.

Epic Fail.
Yep.

God, I hate affirmitive action. They'd be awesome of if not for this.

Lentern

HSC
If I'm a member of the ACTU have I practically joined the ALP allready? I mean there's no comporable feeder organisation for the liberal party is there?

Random_dude

HSC

Yuk! Labor and Liberal are both the same. Greens are OK but compromise too much and don't have enough effect. All stances are moderated and compromised, it may be economically functional in the medium term, but no one stands for anything and no one is honest.

Die modern politics.
Really. i mean REALLY!!!! how dare you generalise politics like that in such an arrogant, ignorant, and incredibly blinded statement. The liberals all go for the small businesses and the fact that they actually do not put gigantic debts on australia's budget as a "hey, lets spend money because we have some" policy like the Labor party who are practically leaning towards communism. i mean, john howard's cabinet was freakin' awesome. the treasurer that hid some money from johnny to keep us in a good spot in case of a recession like i don't know, NOW!!! the leader that jogs and does not have a corrupt businesswoman that has extremely bad tastes in fashion and body shapes as a wife. of course the reason why liberals are better is that they are at least more efficient than labor. then there is the other idiots that can be summed up in this great political joke:

New political element has been discovered

Investigators at a major research institution have discovered the heaviest element known to science. This startling new discovery has been tentatively named Administratium (Ad). This new element has no protons or electrons, thus having an atomic number of 0. It does, however, have 1 neutron, 125 assistant neutrons, 75 vice neutrons, and 111 assistant vice neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by a force called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons. Since it has no electrons, Administratium is inert. However, it can be detected as it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact.

According to the discoverers, a minute amount of Administratium causes one reaction to take over four days to complete when it would normally take less than a second. Administratium has a normal half-life of approximately three years; it does not decay but instead undergoes a reorganization in which a portion of the assistant neutrons, vice neutrons, and assistant vice neutrons exchange places.

In fact, an Administratium sample's mass will actually increase over time, since with each reorganization some of the morons inevitably become neutrons, forming new isotopes. This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to speculate that Administratium is formed whenever morons reach a certain quantity in concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as the "Critical Morass".

and by the by, why should such a bureaucratic system such as ours or the stupid american's die? i mean, would you prefer chaos or such nitpickiness that borders on a crossbreed of a mother hen and Sheldon from the sitcom "the big bang theory" on channel 9.

also, dictatorship is the leas bureaucratic and therefore the best however it only seems to be full of egomaniacal crazy people. such a risky system, yet so addictive.(shudder)

in addition, lol, because labor and liberal seem to be so similar yet so different.

Last edited:

izzy88

HSC

the leader that jogs and does not have a corrupt businesswoman that has extremely bad tastes in fashion and body shapes as a wife.
sorry?! what does Rudd's wife's fashion sense or 'body shape' have anything to do with politics? or what makes a good or bad politician? or what differentiates liberal from labor?!

sorry, but that is, to use your own words, "the most arrogant, ignorant and incredibly blind statement" i've ever heard.

Garygaz

HSC
People who blindly defend their political party of choice disgust me almost as much as those who blindly defend their religions.

Freedom_

Banned
HSC
N/A

Really. i mean REALLY!!!! how dare you generalise politics like that in such an arrogant, ignorant, and incredibly blinded statement. The liberals all go for the small businesses and the fact that they actually do not put gigantic debts on australia's budget as a "hey, lets spend money because we have some" policy like the Labor party who are practically leaning towards communism. i mean, john howard's cabinet was freakin' awesome. the treasurer that hid some money from johnny to keep us in a good spot in case of a recession like i don't know, NOW!!! the leader that jogs and does not have a corrupt businesswoman that has extremely bad tastes in fashion and body shapes as a wife. of course the reason why liberals are better is that they are at least more efficient than labor. then there is the other idiots that can be summed up in this great political joke:

http://madreporter.blogspot.com/2007/06/new-political-element-has-been.html
Actually no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)