Year 11 2013 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

ebbygoo

HSC
Oh yeh woops. That leaves 5ish if I cut back on the procrastination :p
It's for economics btw; our first Eco and English assessments have identical formats.

ebbygoo

HSC
What are some memorisation techniques? The classic rewriting it out 5 times?

deloving

HSC
Once you have a neat complete essay, construct a dot point version of it. Try rewriting that a couple of times. Read it over and over again. Now go back to the essay, read it over and and rewrite it. But mainly focus on the dot point version of the essay - put emphasis into memorising the main points of the essay. This way you won't be so stressed memorising every single word. Once you're in the exam, it's just a matter of putting all of that together back into the original complete essay. If you know the structure of an essay like the back of your hand, and know how to link and write sophisticated sentences on the spot, it shouldn't be a problem. Don't panic if you suddenly realise you wrote something down differently to how you remember it originally, as long as it makes sense to you.

Focus is Key

HSC
Once you have a neat complete essay, construct a dot point version of it. Try rewriting that a couple of times. Read it over and over again. Now go back to the essay, read it over and and rewrite it. But mainly focus on the dot point version of the essay - put emphasis into memorising the main points of the essay. This way you won't be so stressed memorising every single word. Once you're in the exam, it's just a matter of putting all of that together back into the original complete essay. If you know the structure of an essay like the back of your hand, and know how to link and write sophisticated sentences on the spot, it shouldn't be a problem. Don't panic if you suddenly realise you wrote something down differently to how you remember it originally, as long as it makes sense to you.
I tried this method for my CAFS exam today, worked a charm! I didn't feel nervous and remembered every single point! Hopefully it will be enough to maintain my standard (or at least kick the other guy off of =1st place lol).

Verify

HSC
Hey guys, just wondering, do you guys know of any good ideas for a Utopian society? I have a creative on one due tomorrow but haven't started it lol- complete writer's block plus I was finishing some Area of Study work on the laptop during the lesson. Halp pls lol.
How did you go?

Fawun

Queen
HSC
first english assessment tomorrow come at me (i'm gone)

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
How did you go?
He didn't collect it, and we don't have our next Utopia lesson till next week (YES). I ended up trolling up a lot of bull, let's say ;). Now I'm procrastinating with Maths and chem lol (maths and science 5eva!)

Last edited:

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
He didn't collect it, and we don't have our next Utopia lesson till next week (YES). I ended up trolling up a lot of bull, let's say ;). Now I'm procrastinating with Maths and chem lol (maths and science 5eva!)
Seems legit. English is all about bulling in a very sophisticated fashion.

Verify

HSC
Good I guess. Had a maths common exam and I was pretty happy with what I got. School life is good. :) How about you?
ommmmg hello demento :) you probably won't remember me hahahaha. how is your school so far?

ebbygoo

HSC
Wish me luck... Eco tomorrow the one I've been saying about. Did it under exam conditions tonight 49.5 mins and its a 50 mins exam lol.
Wish me luck; I'll need it.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Good luck to all of those doing the half yearlies :D

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Fml my english assessment is at 11 and i havent even read the prescribed text but i have memorised quotes and techniques off sparknotes. Hopefully thats good enough lol

Nekxkwmckwkdm

Hashtagyolo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)