Year 11 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Has everyone else already finished exams? My half yearlies don't start for two weeks

Wonder

HSC
Has everyone else already finished exams? My half yearlies don't start for two weeks
My school doesn't really have 'have yearlies' in Year 11 - it's not until Year 12 that we have designated assessment blocks each term. So far I've basically had an assessment every one or two weeks, which is draining >_<

kev-kun

HSC
Starting exams from this week =='' Not really an exam block though, its spread out through 4-5 weeks. Though we have one at the end of Term 3 which sounds rather stressful.

Verify

HSC
Starting exams from this week =='' Not really an exam block though, its spread out through 4-5 weeks. Though we have one at the end of Term 3 which sounds rather stressful.
How do they determine your half-yearly reports then?

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Re: The p00n thread

1. I got my half yearlies back and for maths (BOTH 2u and 3u), I came first in my class (not sure about the other class). I got my english half yearlies and I got uhhh lets say one section was 5/15 and the other was 13/15 and i am seriously considering dropping to standard because that 5/15 is really getting to me considering that the average was 11/15.

2. I'm getting 2 piercings either next week or the week after next week yay

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

1. I got my half yearlies back and for maths (BOTH 2u and 3u), I came first in my class (not sure about the other class). I got my english half yearlies and I got uhhh lets say one section was 5/15 and the other was 13/15 and i am seriously considering dropping to standard because that 5/15 is really getting to me considering that the average was 11/15.

beast.

poast half yearly results peeps.
last in everything~~~

Time to quit school and become a kpop star.

But fack, my sleep deficit is getting worse and worse.

Aysce

HSC

FUARKKKKKK tank!!!!

Congrats :) - Don't ever drop to standard, swear to God. Worst decision ever.

And yay?

Fell asleep. :p Aysce did too
I felt bad for most of the day until I saw this :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
they could get assessments that could contribute to their mark for end of term reports

darkfenrir

HSC

I came 2nd in mx1 and mx2, 1st in phys and chem, and 3rd in english.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
The infamous fawn is back ! Congratulations on the results , and btw eng standard is a atar killer.....

Fawun

Queen
HSC

FUARKKKKKK tank!!!!
Not really. I only came first in my class. There's one more 3u class that's full of beast imports fml.

Congrats :) - Don't ever drop to standard, swear to God. Worst decision ever.
Thanks:) and i shouldn't drop it even if i'm failing advanced? like literally i got 7/15 for my first assessment and 5/15 for section 1 in my half yearlies...

The infamous fawn is back ! Congratulations on the results , and btw eng standard is a atar killer.....
Thanks! But Aysce did well and he did eng standard so yeah?

HSC

Don't drop to std. You'll get them.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

English is more important than math.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Not really. I only came first in my class. There's one more 3u class that's full of beast imports fml.

Thanks:) and i shouldn't drop it even if i'm failing advanced? like literally i got 7/15 for my first assessment and 5/15 for section 1 in my half yearlies...

I have a friend who got an E (below 50) for Year 11 English overall.

Got recommended for standard but basically said 'fack you' to the pressuring and stayed in advanced.

First Year 12 assessment, he gets 16/25 (yeah that's somewhat of an improvement) then he gets 15/15 for Frankenstein/Bladerunner essay.

Know someone else who got recommended for standard English, rejected the offer.

Now is currently 3rd in Advanced English out of like 140 kids.

Basically, Year 11 is irrelevant. (You just need to look at half of my subjects and you can see).

Year 11, I was pretty meh at Physics. Now I'm suddenly someone with Band 6 potential in terms of rankings atm.

Year 11, I was god mode-ing English and MX1. Now, I'm only somewhat 'good' to an extent at Adv Eng and only pretty much 'decent' in MX1.

I guess Economics and Business Studies have stayed on Year 11 level so far though but realistically, I think they'll drop off soon enough but we'll see.

==================================================================================================

TLDR?

Long story short, do advanced.

Aysce

HSC

Sorry for da skewl t0k but just this once:

But really you smashed the other section in the exam and there is always room for improvement! Trust me, with lots of review and practice, you will improve by the end of year 11 (real talk) and become even better. I was a fairly mediocre student in english standard during the beginning of year 11 but I just kept doing lots and lots of essays and critical analysis --> Improvement! Basically, I don't see you continually failing and I mean 13/15 does show you have improved a lot :)

I did relatively well although English Advanced seems so much more interesting than Std and there is room for some deeper analysis. I put a lot of effort into Std. and ended up with 88 (which is respectable for Std) but if it were Adv on the other hand I may have achieved higher (who knows?)

I actually enjoyed English but I was hoping for some more complex literature. Hopefully I get the chance to do some essay writing in uni next year :)

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC

Congratulations! Dont drop to standard though - you did well in the other section, so dont get yourself down over half the test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)