Year 11 2014 Chat :) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyRain

HSC
i have no goals. right now my goals are just to get through each day because that's a struggle for me. i cant take life anymore tbh.
I know that feeling. I struggle with life at the moment, to be honest I personally feel like I'm a shadow walking around school and anywhere else I go. When I'm upset I just block myself from everyone around me. You just need to power through these struggles, and always look on the other side. That's what I do :)

rawrliongirl

HSC
Maybe you are capable? Although I'm going to take your word for it. Tbh, I'm not sure what to do about your Dad's attitude, maybe talk to him about it and even mention how you would be almost guaranteed a Band 6 in general because you're good at maths, but just not 'capable' enough for mathematics.
im actually not good at maths haha. as i said, id just like to drop out of school. or die. whichever is easier.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Why.. whats wrong.
You always seem to upset. Maybe you are struggling to find your personal and social identity in this society.
idk what is wrong with me, but i just dont want to live anymore. i cant. i have no strength left.

lavender1001

HSC
ik but idk how to find them and i just dont understand maths at all. i should just drop out of school. screw that 90+ atar goal.
I dont know if this helps but I hope it does. When I look for domain in a function I follow this simple check list that if there is a:
1. Fraction: Denominator cannot equal to zero. Most schools will require you to write 'all real x' as well as the x≠number.
2. Root: Everything under the root must be greater than or equal to zero (x≧no.). However, always remember that if a root lies within the denominator of a fraction that it CANNOT BE EQUAL TO the number .i.e. x>no.
3. Log: For logarithimic functions, if the qs is logx or log(x + 1) or whatever, the part that proceeds the log must be greater than zero, not equal to it .i.e. x>0 or x>-1, generally x>no.

This is my list for domain so far.

For finding out range, I like to draw a quick little sketch of it, especially,for functions such as parabolas or hyperbolas to see whether there are turning points or areas of discontinuity. If the qs requires a sketch, I always do range last, especially if it is those complex ones. Though usually if the qs tells u to find range, then it shouldn't be so hard to work out. Btw, if a y is equal to a square root of anything then the range would be y≧0.

Yeah. :)

Axio

=o
HSC
im actually not good at maths haha. as i said, id just like to drop out of school. or die. whichever is easier.
ik you might be feeling bad but you need to 'try' to see that you are actually bright and the work you put into yr12 will be reflected in your results. I know that it is annoying for someone to just tell you to 'stop feeling bad' but at least try to feel a bit more positive about school and the control you have over your learning.

rawrliongirl

HSC
I dont know if this helps but I hope it does. When I look for domain in a function I follow this simple check list that if there is a:
1. Fraction: Denominator cannot equal to zero. Most schools will require you to write 'all real x' as well as the x≠number.
2. Root: Everything under the root must be greater than or equal to zero (x≧no.). However, always remember that if a root lies within the denominator of a fraction that it CANNOT BE EQUAL TO the number .i.e. x>no.
3. Log: For logarithimic functions, if the qs is logx or log(x + 1) or whatever, the part that proceeds the log must be greater than zero, not equal to it .i.e. x>0 or x>-1, generally x>no.

For finding out range, I like to draw a quick little sketch of it, especially,for functions such as parabolas or hyperbolas to see whether there are turning points or areas of discontinuity. If the qs requires a sketch, I always do range last, especially if it is those complex ones. Though usually if the qs tells u to find range, then it shouldn't be so hard to work out. Btw, if a y is equal to a square root of anything then the range would be y≧0.

thanks. x

turntaker

HSC

Sah smart

rawrliongirl

HSC
ik you might be feeling bad but you need to 'try' to see that you are actually bright and the work you put into yr12 will be reflected in your results. I know that it is annoying for someone to just tell you to 'stop feeling bad' but at least try to feel a bit more positive about school and the control you have over your learning.
idek what positive feelings are anymore. i cant even think anymore. my mind..i just cant. can my brain just shut down completely?

lavender1001

HSC
I think that feeling positive towards a subject actually helps in improving your marks. I used to loathe English but I slowly grew to like it and now my marks are steadily improving. :)

simmyyy

HSC
I have decided to go with sleep over revision, I guess I can wake up tomorrow and revise. Goodnight BOSers! :)

Axio

=o
HSC
Well I'm gonna go to bed too, night everyone :)

1 more day till the long weekend, thanks Elizabeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)