Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiction

HSC
Thoroughly agree with this. Notes are pretty important, but just understanding content+answering past paper questions and perfecting exam technique is far more important IMO
Both notes and past papers tie together IMO. I doubt neither would be effective without the other, so arguably you couldn't say one was overrated if they are both so dependent upon each other in honing an individual's academic results. In that if people think notes = have higher opinion than deserved, then what does that make of past papers which essentially depend on individuals knowing their content/notes?

matchalolz

HSC
Both notes and past papers tie together IMO. I doubt neither would be effective without the other, so arguably you couldn't say one was overrated if they are both so dependent upon each other in honing an individual's academic results. In that if people think notes = have higher opinion than deserved, then what does that make of past papers which essentially depend on individuals knowing their content/notes?
I'm not trying to diss notes or anything, in fact I write them myself, however I just find that most people have their priorities wrong... like really really wrong

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
i feel like some ppl at my school are so focused on writing "the perfect answer" and end up memorising copious amount of stuff. They need to have faith in themselves that they know the content. Although notes are important, they're not everything!!! NOTES ARE OVERRATED
Practicing > note reading

Note reading helps in basic Q's, but not in Q's that require deeper logical thinking

I would say both are good, but one should not spend copious amounts of time on making and memorising notes.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
i feel like some ppl at my school are so focused on writing "the perfect answer" and end up memorising copious amount of stuff. They need to have faith in themselves that they know the content. Although notes are important, they're not everything!!! NOTES ARE OVERRATED
I didn't have any notes in the pelim course and tried to go with no notes in the HSC course and had mid ranks in all my subjects by the end of the first term

rawrliongirl

HSC
Hey everyone! I have been following this chat for a while and you all seem like great people! I cannot wait to get to know you guys! Well I guess we are in yr 12 now eeshmesh.

Hiiiii! I know I'm delayed but welcome to BoS!! :D
I know, it's only the second day and I'm already dying.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't have any notes in the pelim course and tried to go with no notes in the HSC course and had mid ranks in all my subjects by the end of the first term
I didn't have biology notes for over half the course..

Not smart :O

duhdevitt

HSC
Shit day today
Got my maths marks
English marks
Software marks. I thought I did so we'll in my English creative but I got 8/15 for my creative

Thunderstorm

HSC
Shit day today
Got my maths marks
English marks
Software marks. I thought I did so we'll in my English creative but I got 8/15 for my creative
Chin up bro. New school year, fresh start. Collate your feedback from the tasks and use it to improve when it really matters :)

Thunderstorm

HSC
Yeah but it feels like I won't do much better in creatives

titty sprinkles
Yeah, I went through a similar phase not too long ago. With creative writing, I find that practice and further feedback is the way to go. Ask where you lost 7 marks and why and go from there

Thunderstorm

HSC
Yeah, I meant that my yr 12 discovery content and work has already started. Apparently some schools haven't started yr 12 officially
Oh yeah, we haven't 'officially' but most of my subjects have started Year 12 content except maths. We're doing 'People and Politics' though atm in English, which is an elective for Module C Representation and Text or whatever. What's your first impression of Discovery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)