Not open for further replies.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Starting ext 2 english next week, sooo exccciiittteeeddd

teridax

HSC
N/A
With creative writing, I find that practice and further feedback is the way to go. Ask where you lost 7 marks and why and go from there
just perfect a creative and memorise it - it's what i'm doing for my hsc

discovery is horrible arggh
but you can discover belonging through a journey leading to change :haha:

in all seriousness, it's not that bad; you just need to be able to form your interpretation of what discovery means to you

and the rubric will be your best friend for the next year

matchalolz

HSC
Oh yeah, we haven't 'officially' but most of my subjects have started Year 12 content except maths. We're doing 'People and Politics' though atm in English, which is an elective for Module C Representation and Text or whatever. What's your first impression of Discovery?
actually, not too bad. It's pretty broad and if you can form your own opinion and back it up with evidence, you can bullshit away :3 it's just another human condition. I'm mostly worried about all the writing I'm going to have to do

turntaker

HSC
My highest mark In year 11 prelims was 92% for society and culture. That was the only subject I didn't study for and wanted to drop. ... Idk what to do

Fiction

HSC
omgosh me too!! :) :) My timetable's a little screw-worthy though lawl, cos I seem to only have half of the hours required for Ext 2 Eng.
Same here c:

Does anyone else who picked up eng ext 2 not have set lessons for the subject? I feel as though my school's telling all eng ext 2 student to largely self-study/research o3o

Fiction

HSC
My highest mark In year 11 prelims was 92% for society and culture. That was the only subject I didn't study for and wanted to drop. ... Idk what to do
Look at around how high everyone else is scoring for society and culture. Maybe your other subjects were harder exams so the proportion of anyone getting high 90s/80s diminished significantly? Its probably preferable to look a your rank (if you can) over % in test in this situation.

CanU_Not

HSC
Do you think you're gonna study for it in Year 12? Because if you didn't study for it in prelims and got a great mark, you might get cocky and develop a mentality that prevents you from studying in year 12 which could snowball into something you don't want lol. The other deciding factors would probably be whether you actually like the subject or not and what your other options are.

On another note, was really happy with prelims cos I thought I screwed over Eng Adv. but actually did really well :) :) :). Meanwhile in EE1, thought I did well and didn't. Am confused now lol.

Thunderstorm

HSC
actually, not too bad. It's pretty broad and if you can form your own opinion and back it up with evidence, you can bullshit away :3 it's just another human condition. I'm mostly worried about all the writing I'm going to have to do
Good to hear. I look forward to another mediocre year in English :)

rawrliongirl

HSC
Shit day today
Got my maths marks
English marks
Software marks. I thought I did so we'll in my English creative but I got 8/15 for my creative
I feel your pain.
I had a breakdown after getting my maths mark.

rawrliongirl

HSC
It's only been 2 days back and I've already broken down both days. I can tell this year is gonna be bad....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)