Year 11 Advanced English - Area of Study (1 Viewer)

ivanie

HSC
I'm doing Challenge & Response at the moment.

I was told by my English teacher to look up the 'HSC Study Guide', as I asked her about the assessment and what text I should use for the speech (assessment).

Basically, we have to present a speech and talk about Challenge & Response on a movie we studied ('M' by Fritz Lang, 1931), on a book we have studied ('Heart of Darkness' by Joseph Conrad) and a text of our own choice - I'm stuck for what to choose! At which point I asked her, and she suggested I look up the 'HSC Study Guide' and find which texts have been used (like poems, since they are shorter and the HSC Study Guide can provide all the information needed for me to understand) and yeah.

Anyone help?!
:bomb:

Vance

HSC
We did change in the first term, and moved on to taming of the shrew...

and what's wierd is... our school did society and the individual LAST year... in year ten...

HSC
We're doing "Social Crititism" at the moment, and looking at "Animal Farm", a book by George Orwell.

HSC
oh yeh, i remember animal farm, that was pretty good, showing the effects of a government coming crashing to the ground.

Just to refresh, the animals drive away the humans and start living on their own, pigs are appointed leaders, but the pigs of the farm end up corrupt like the humans were

pretty good book, not very long, but an interesting read, studied it back in year 9, i was in soulsearchers class...lol

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
omg animal farm.. we're watching that atm in history.. Stalin's Russia =)

mrzeidan1

Tigers '08
HSC
we just finished conflict as an area of study for advanced/standard... is that normal :confused:

HSC
FranzFerdinand said:
shocking revelation! this should have been taught in year 7 when i slightly cared about little piggies n stuff.
:apig: :apig: lol at taking the book literally :rofl:

mrzeidan1 said:
we just finished conflict as an area of study for advanced/standard... is that normal :confused:
we're talking about "english" here, nothing is EVER normal :)

HSC
at my school we are doing 'change' sounds intersting doesn't it?
well its not...
we studied John Keats poems and did heaps of creative writing tasks on it

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
the pospinator said:
oh yeh, i remember animal farm, that was pretty good, showing the effects of a government coming crashing to the ground.

Just to refresh, the animals drive away the humans and start living on their own, pigs are appointed leaders, but the pigs of the farm end up corrupt like the humans were

pretty good book, not very long, but an interesting read, studied it back in year 9, i was in soulsearchers class...lol
Me too, don't remember much of it though :p *ahem* You know, year 9 English for me was...not good. *shifty eyes* :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)