• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

deswa1

HSC
Yeah man. this is my chill week ahah. ended with 3 1sts so far. Although 3u was my worst trial, teacher said I did alrite, getting marks tomorrow :D

Phy, just got our options back, full marks for that! (YESSSSS)

But tbh, just happy about english, 13/15 for creative and 13/15 for short answers. AOS essay marks next week.

Did you get eco back?
Fuark solid stuff so far- very impressive.

And yeah I got 96/100 in eco- some of the marks I lost are contentious but there's no point arguing because I came first anyway so yeah, very happy with that :) Did you get eco yet? And our eco marks are going to be stuffed- I finished first on 97.4%, second got 95.9% and then it falls down to like 89.5% for third so I don't know how much that massive drop will influence all their assessment marks.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Lol nah, I'm bengali :p, he just used to come to my school.
Oh okay - congrats on your trials though - change your sig. Curry pride :p What're you looking @ for HSC?

Also, (I'm assuming) that your school is non-selective, so that's even more of a tank feat to just go to Tech and pwn so hard.

RishBonjour

HSC
Fuark solid stuff so far- very impressive.

And yeah I got 96/100 in eco- some of the marks I lost are contentious but there's no point arguing because I came first anyway so yeah, very happy with that :) Did you get eco yet? And our eco marks are going to be stuffed- I finished first on 97.4%, second got 95.9% and then it falls down to like 89.5% for third so I don't know how much that massive drop will influence all their assessment marks.
I fucked up eco MC. never got a MC wrong and in trials i lost 3 marks there. we did short answers from independent. got 38/40. but essays on environment and CAD, 19 and 18 respectvely. so got 92/100 in trials :/. overall 96. second is 90 LOL. and then 87.. I think its because our teacher is veryyy strict on marking but ohwell good for HSC. I'm planning on helping a few kids in my eco class to push them up, or it will negatively impact on me.

george.. I feel that state rank coming from you bro :p

RishBonjour

HSC
Oh okay - congrats on your trials though - change your sig. Curry pride :p What're you looking @ for HSC?

Also, (I'm assuming) that your school is non-selective, so that's even more of a tank feat to just go to Tech and pwn so hard.
ahah. looking at combined eco/comm at usyd. but tbh, not really sure. yeah school is non-selective. ranked like 125 last year.(year before was 250 lol)

hows year 11? just make sure you chill a lottt while also studying and then go hardout in year 12 :)

deswa1

HSC
I fucked up eco MC. never got a MC wrong and in trials i lost 3 marks there. we did short answers from independent. got 38/40. but essays on environment and CAD, 19 and 18 respectvely. so got 92/100 in trials :/. overall 96. second is 90 LOL. and then 87.. I think its because our teacher is veryyy strict on marking but ohwell good for HSC. I'm planning on helping a few kids in my eco class to push them up, or it will negatively impact on me.

george.. I feel that state rank coming from you bro :p
Crap wow. Congrats haha- expecting greatness from you too.

You and me can state rank for Team BOS :p

RishBonjour

HSC
Crap wow. Congrats haha- expecting greatness from you too.

You and me can state rank for Team BOS :p
haha, won 5 bucks too :p. kid who came second was pretty confident so we had a bet haha. (his tutor is a state ranker and he guessed the environment essay so had a plan etc lol)

are you still chilling m8?

deswa1

HSC
haha, won 5 bucks too :p. kid who came second was pretty confident so we had a bet haha. (his tutor is a state ranker and he guessed the environment essay so had a plan etc lol)

are you still chilling m8?
Solid stuff- think he got a bit overconfident haha. Umm not really chilling but not going hard out either- tonight I want to learn motion around a banked track (4U) and Newton's method + halving the interval etc. and then I will have finished the 3+4U maths courses :) Then I want to finish phys, chem and eco by the end of next week.

But you should take a break- I had like a solid week and a half where I did literally nothing haha- was the best

RishBonjour

HSC
Solid stuff- think he got a bit overconfident haha. Umm not really chilling but not going hard out either- tonight I want to learn motion around a banked track (4U) and Newton's method + halving the interval etc. and then I will have finished the 3+4U maths courses :) Then I want to finish phys, chem and eco by the end of next week.

But you should take a break- I had like a solid week and a half where I did literally nothing haha- was the best
Good stuff, I'm on my 3rd day of absolutenothing. I will starting doing light work from friday. For now, I'm off bos, really need to go for a run ahah.

deswa1

HSC
Good stuff, I'm on my 3rd day of absolutenothing. I will starting doing light work from friday. For now, I'm off bos, really need to go for a run ahah.
Have fun- I went for a run after trials- OMG so much more tiring than I remember it to be. But yeah, enjoy the break

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Deswa1, I definitely agree with you. I did joggled a bit after the trials and man like literally I find it hard to catch my breath. What is happening with my cardio... And imagine how we will all look like before the HSC exams... But after it's time to pump up and get into fitness mode before uni starts :D

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Bombed physics. Lolfuck. There goes any chance whatsoever of a state rank :'(.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Bombed physics. Lolfuck. There goes any chance whatsoever of a state rank :'(.
Damn man, how bad did you bombed it? Don't worry so much about state rank, at least if you get a band 6 it's okay. Please don't dread over things.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Damn man, how bad did you bombed it? Don't worry so much about state rank, at least if you get a band 6 it's okay. Please don't dread over things.
Well, above average and whatnot. I just know I could have (and should have) done a lot better, since I was first up until now. Basically, I'm 10 marks behind first place and we haven't got the option module back yet, which is a massive weak point for me, so that'll probably increase to 15-20. I'd be surprised if I'm in the top 5 now :(.

wildchild666

HSC
hai guise, what marks could I expect for each subject with the following ranks:

Adv. English: top 10
EX1: ~15
MX1: 85
Chem: 25
Legal: ~3

Also ATAR estimate if possible lol. Will need to work on maths (if I get to work on anything).

Thief

!!
HSC
hai guise, what marks could i expect for each subject with the following ranks:

Adv. English: Top 10
ex1: ~15
mx1: 85
chem: 25
legal: ~3

also atar estimate if possible lol. Will need to work on maths (if i get to work on anything).
atar: *

deswa1

HSC
hai guise, what marks could I expect for each subject with the following ranks:

Adv. English: top 10
EX1: ~15
MX1: 85
Chem: 25
Legal: ~3

Also ATAR estimate if possible lol. Will need to work on maths (if I get to work on anything).
What school do you go/whats the school rank? :p

Umm, if I had to guess:
English: 92/93
Ext. english: No idea
MX1: No idea
Chem: 88
Legal: No idea

Haha, I'm a great help. Pretty confident on the chem and english though from past years results

wildchild666

HSC
What school do you go/whats the school rank? :p

Umm, if I had to guess:
English: 92/93
Ext. english: No idea
MX1: No idea
Chem: 88
Legal: No idea

Haha, I'm a great help. Pretty confident on the chem and english though from past years results
ahahahaha, okay i'll need to improve my chem as well then. should be able to get into top 20

or i just hope i don't make as many stupid mistakes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)