Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Wait so how did I lose a mark for this?

http://i50.tinypic.com/s61uyu.jpg[/IMG

Got 49/60 for this test...[/QUOTE]

Because when I put that into my calculator, I get x^2 = 23.56628906

Don't worry, the 2u student I'm tutoring also makes silly mistakes on calculators.

barbernator

HSC
also don't forget units. they may not be marked but give a good impression

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Also really helps with the applications to calculus questions with rates and that.

enoilgam

HSC
It sounds ridiculous, but its an important habit for the workplace in some respects. Quite a few disasters have been caused by people confusing units because they werent properly recorded.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Caring about little things such as units is a skill that is needed in order to be more careful with maths (and others subjects), in order for the mistakes not to happen as often. Since alot of the time they are just caused by the student just plowing through the exam not looking back at their answer. Caring about little things such as these can carry on to, caring about dotting the line in an inequality graph, or remember dx or +C or things like this (or inputting a wrong value into a formula etc.)

EDIT: I could see how a doctor prescribing a medicine mis-writing mg for mL or something would be disastrous

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Yeah I sometimes forget to put the units because i'm too busy thinking ahead to the next question.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Caring about little things such as units is a skill that is needed in order to be more careful with maths (and others subjects), in order for the mistakes not to happen as often. Since alot of the time they are just caused by the student just plowing through the exam not looking back at their answer. Caring about little things such as these can carry on to, caring about dotting the line in an inequality graph, or remember dx or +C or things like this (or inputting a wrong value into a formula etc.)

EDIT: I could see how a doctor prescribing a medicine mis-writing mg for mL or something would be disastrous
haha yep, i've lost a mark for that before

megaman64

HSC
i have a question:
for example if i get an atar of 94 and require an atar of 96. do bonus points automatically add themselves to my atar, or do I have to apply for them. This is assuming im elligible for the bonus points e.g. + 4 points from band 6 maths and english.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
i have a question:
for example if i get an atar of 94 and require an atar of 96. do bonus points automatically add themselves to my atar, or do I have to apply for them. This is assuming im elligible for the bonus points e.g. + 4 points from band 6 maths and english.
Bonus points which involve high performance in specific HSC subjects are usually added automatically.

Check with the institution you are applying for regardless.

HSC
N/A
wtf lol 91.30 was my estimate

but he showed me that if i improve by 2 marks in all my subjects, i'd get 95.30

i feel he really underestimated me. Oh well. Time to prove him wrong.

kfnmpah

HSC
Re: The Thread that never Ends

yes ok so back to this code or some other method that solves my maths problem? fuck johann what are you good for other than maths help me out

how many 6 digit numbers are there whose number components multiply to give 720?

I figured out that the maximum number of 1's you can have is 2 (i.e. you need 4 numbers min to get 720). so for example 119852 and any number that is a combination of those numbers (there are 6! combinations right?) so that means for every number that has 1 pair of repeated numbers there are 720 possibilities or something and i guess i'll just go from there

lwol what even

kfnmpah

HSC

ok i'm all over this like brown on rice
i'm having a brain fart though

how many 6 digit numbers can be written using the numbers 1, 1, 2, 5, 8, 9? is it 6! or 5! the repeated 1 is throwing me off and i'm retarded so you know

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

how many 6 digit numbers can be written using the numbers 1, 1, 2, 5, 8, 9? is it 6! or 5! the repeated 1 is throwing me off and i'm retarded so you know
its 6!/2!

HSC

6!/2!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)