• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 12 2013 Chit Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deswa1

HSC
Re: The p00n thread

Srsly how am i going to do well in adv eng if i dont even get wtf is going on in the first chapter lol

Brb re reading it
You would be surprised how well you can do at English whilst having minimal idea of what is going on...

And rivalry- ill answer your pm tonight- soz was a bit busy earlier

iBibah

HSC

how? bs'ing it? won't you sound stupid? like imagine what the teacher is thinking when she/he reads your essays or something... lol
Actually you make yourself sound smart, when essentially you don't care nor know whats going on. It's about convincing them you know what's going on.

kat-

msftsrep
HSC

Actually you make yourself sound smart, when essentially you don't care nor know whats going on. It's about convincing them you know what's going on.
wait. What?

The teacher (should) know the text inside out. You don't (well very minimal) and when you bullshit all your essays, it won't make yourself sound smart as you have no idea what's going on whereas the teacher does. So wouldn't the teacher be able to pick up that you're bullshitting since some parts of your essays or whatever doesn't make any sense?

Am i missing something

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC

wait. What?

The teacher (should) know the text inside out. You don't (well very minimal) and when you bullshit all your essays, it won't make yourself sound smart as you have no idea what's going on whereas the teacher does. So wouldn't the teacher be able to pick up that you're bullshitting since some parts of your essays or whatever doesn't make any sense?

Am i missing something
My english teacher is a HSC marker and knows what bullshit is and what isn't.

He will dock you marks for not making sense, so don't try and bullshit stuff in English, it may work internally due to teachers not knowing how to mark, but in the HSC it won't work.

/endschooltalk

iBibah

HSC

wait. What?

Am i missing something
I never meant you make stuff up about the text, but you don't need to know the WHOLE thing.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

wait. What?

Am i missing something
Markers, in general so others besides teachers, don't need to know the text inside out though :p

Well basically,

this is how I see it:

There's the good simple analytical BS. Sounds simple but you hit the points for those marks.

Then there's the bad BS (that can sound good but like... yeah) --> misuse of sophistication and flair --> resulting in poor expression and syntax --> marker goes WTF.

Then there's also the English pros who know how to use sophistication alongside analytical deconstruction.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
At English at uni, all I did was listen very closely to what the girls in my class were saying about the book... and develop on those further in private. Worked for me!

So technically, yes - you can do well if you just listen to what the others say in your class, hopefully they're quite talkative :p

Examine

same
HSC
I'm a tad worried with Advanced English atm, since I'm pretty sure that it will probs bring down everything since it's mandatory and all. We'll see with the next assessment for MX1/MX2 though Legal Studies and Economics are going decently atm.

Last edited:

enak101

HSC
Well, I'm the only kid left in 2U maths, the rest went down to general, so that's interesting. My moderated assessment mark is whatever my exam mark is now, right?

I have a biology assignment and excursion coming up, anyone else going to the disease place at unsw?

Work is going okay, I really need to catch up for maths though, just finished prelim up recently, only 8 chapters for this textbook compared to 10 for prelim though.

PDHPE stuff about ATP/Lactic Acid, Stroke Volume, VO2 Max crap is boring haha, Read Jane Eyre for English, what a mediocre book. I generally need to study more.

enak101

HSC
indo? please explain further, I'm getting Indonesian but that doesn't make much sense.

Aysce

HSC
Well, I'm the only kid left in 2U maths, the rest went down to general, so that's interesting. My moderated assessment mark is whatever my exam mark is now, right?

I have a biology assignment and excursion coming up, anyone else going to the disease place at unsw?

Work is going okay, I really need to catch up for maths though, just finished prelim up recently, only 8 chapters for this textbook compared to 10 for prelim though.

PDHPE stuff about ATP/Lactic Acid, Stroke Volume, VO2 Max crap is boring haha, Read Jane Eyre for English, what a mediocre book. I generally need to study more.
Never heard of that before. And the physiological adaptations or whatever in PDHPE is the best it gets (for me personally).

HSC

Wow, Only kid left in 2U, That's awesome hahaha! Yeah I'm going to the disease place but not until like Term 2 or 3.

enak101

HSC
Fair enough, we are covering psychological stuff in training etc soon, which sounds okay. What have you never heard of before exactly?

enak101

HSC
Oh, fair enough, ours is in a few weeks time, it sounds interesting at least.

Aysce

HSC
Fair enough, we are covering psychological stuff in training etc soon, which sounds okay. What have you never heard of before exactly?
Only found that part interesting, the rest - meh.

Everyone dropping from 2u except one kid haha.

enak101

HSC
Only found that part interesting, the rest - meh.

Everyone dropping from 2u except one kid haha.
Haha, I actually enjoyed the social type stuff, socio-economic status etc. Core 1 stuff.

Yeah, its a low ranking school and my cohort isn't great, not that I'm that great at 2 unit anyway haha, I just want it enough to bother staying in to try. Also my cohort is like 40 kids haha, not even a country school.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

i'm guessing that your school wasn't as fast? :L

hey enoilgram do you remember at that bos meat carrot showed me how to add ordinates since i was struggling with it and that i got it?

well now i forgot how to do it :cry: LOL HAHAHA
I can't remember how fast we were in Eco but I don't think we were THAT fast.

For Prelim Physics, we were slow as fuck for the 1st module. Took us 9 weeks iirc to finish it. This caused our teacher to rush Module 4 --> he just fed us gazillions of sheets and said ''learn it yourself'' before the prelim finals.

kat-

msftsrep
HSC

I can't remember how fast we were in Eco but I don't think we were THAT fast.

For Prelim Physics, we were slow as fuck for the 1st module. Took us 9 weeks iirc to finish it. This caused our teacher to rush Module 4 --> he just fed us gazillions of sheets and said ''learn it yourself'' before the prelim finals.
haha wow thank god i don't do any sciences ^_^ were slow as fuck in maths because we have people who can't even multiply (srs) doing it. This chick was like "miss what's 6 times 8?" and they don't know how to add fractions. So I just spend my maths lessons on facebook on my school laptop ^_^ thank you tafe account lol

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

haha wow thank god i don't do any sciences ^_^ were slow as fuck in maths because we have people who can't even multiply (srs) doing it. This chick was like "miss what's 6 times 8?" and they don't know how to add fractions. So I just spend my maths lessons on facebook on my school laptop ^_^ thank you tafe account lol
What you on about?

Science is the best mang *coughs* *coughs*. In terms of aligning, Economics pales in comparison to Physics + Chemistry :p despite their rivalry in terms of scaling.

Even Aysce can confirm humanities pales in comparison to sciences like Chemistry~~~

(in all srsness, long live humanities :). Who cares about the speed of your maths class, you're so ahead already. You should do your maths tutor hw in maths class then.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)