Years 9 & 10 2012 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

russ3l

HSC
Pretty much this. I enjoy using fancy words I find in the thesaurus (in the correct context of course).
My word of the day: antiestablishmentarianism The doctrine of opposition to the social and political establishment.
:spin:

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
My word of the day: antiestablishmentarianism The doctrine of opposition to the social and political establishment.
:spin:
So much of the idea of that word above in the hsc text - '1984' by Orwell. Probably one of my favourite novels of all time. Definitely recommend reading this if you're into English. Of course, if you have already then...

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
I find all my subjects to be okay except for PDHPE (practical). I like the theory though, it is relevant and will be needed in life.
At our school we have this dance assessment coming up next term for PE :( I have a feeling my PE teacher is a bit racist because he never gives A's to the asians

russ3l

HSC
So much of the idea of that word above in the hsc text - '1984' by Orwell. Probably one of my favourite novels of all time. Definitely recommend reading this if you're into English. Of course, if you have already then...
will look into it! :D or shall i say, 'read' into it.

russ3l

HSC
At our school we have this dance assessment coming up next term for PE :( I have a feeling my PE teacher is a bit racist because he never gives A's to the asians
Asians will be the last ones laughing when HSC comes around >:D
ASIANS UNITE!

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Asians will be the last ones laughing when HSC comes around >:D
ASIANS UNITE!
lol'd. I'm not as asian as people may think. Don't bet your life savings asians will perform better in the HSC. It purely depends on the individual with their intellectual interest, natural ability and effort to achieve what they desire, if anything.

HSC
Yeah, being Asian doesn't guarantee anything

On the other hand, there are crazy smart Caucasians here that can put the stereotyped Asian to shame (like at maths for instance *coughs*)

Last edited:

St_Pats_Sucks

HSC
I still can't get over the fact that during my 3 years of school, not once was i taught how to correctly write and structure an essay. Wrote some of my first essays this year and failed all of them. Teachers tell us that we are writing elementary style, and that our whole grade does it.. Doesn't that show something Jesus. Sorry if that was fucking random people.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
I still can't get over the fact that during my 3 years of school, not once was i taught how to correctly write and structure an essay. Wrote some of my first essays this year and failed all of them. Teachers tell us that we are writing elementary style, and that our whole grade does it.. Doesn't that show something Jesus. Sorry if that was fucking random people.
I understand that you are angry but everyone is great on here and many people who are brilliant with essays would be willing to help you as long as you are polite :)

St_Pats_Sucks

HSC
That's reassuring to know. I will definitely be heading here if i need some help with this stuff! :party:

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
If you really need help with structuring an essay, I would be happy to help you if you PM me. Note that I am in year 10, but hey, I think I can offer some advice if you're willing.

russ3l

HSC
lol'd. I'm not as asian as people may think. Don't bet your life savings asians will perform better in the HSC. It purely depends on the individual with their intellectual interest, natural ability and effort to achieve what they desire, if anything.
party pooper :(

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
At school, some people call me the non-asian because of my accent, I was told that it wasn't asian enough. I'm also really bad at using chopsticks haha.
That's stupid, hardly any of my fellow asian friends have no accent at all! Don't worry I have a chinese friend who can't use them at all :p

russ3l

HSC
The essay structure I was taught:
Intro:
- conceptual thesis
- contextual thesis/linking
- points to the question
Body paragraphs:
-conceptual topic sentence
-conceptual discussion (quote technique effect)
-linkage to thesis
Conclusion:
-restating conceptual and contextual thesis
-summing up

if anyone has any other structure, please feel free to post up :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)