Years 9 & 10 2012 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

russ3l

HSC
In term 1 we did poetry. Then we did masculinity. I think we are continuing with Macbeth.
term1: macbeth
term2: protest poetry
term 3: social issues
term 4: ?

Macbeth is my favourite so far :angel:

kazemagic

HSC
Actually most likely for biotechnology ur gonna get assignments or tested on it

kazemagic

HSC
We are doing romeo and juliet. Apparently we were supposed to finish it at the end of term 2. It's now term 3, and we havent even read 1/6 of it yet.

For science we're doing motion too lol

russ3l

HSC
We are doing romeo and juliet. Apparently we were supposed to finish it at the end of term 2. It's now term 3, and we havent even read 1/6 of it yet.

For science we're doing motion too lol
I wish I did romeo and juliet :(
and I've done motion already :p evolution is on the 'got to do' list now :)
What are you guys' favourite subject?

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
We did Romeo and Juliet in year 8 :) My favourite subject is visual arts since we are working on our majors now so there isn't anyone saying that you are not allowed to do something :)

russ3l

HSC
would've been science if we didnt have such a .... teacher
Yeah I have those kind of teachers as well :/

We did Romeo and Juliet in year 8 :) My favourite subject is visual arts since we are working on our majors now so there isn't anyone saying that you are not allowed to do something :)
sweet :) i love doing major works

my favourite has to be english :) but it fluctuates from the 3: music, math and english

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
what is everyone learning/doing in english?

I'm doing social issues and will be required to write an essay on it :)
We just finished a close study of Empire of the Sun and now are studying Macbeth, which I'm struggling quite a bit with :( I think we're doing an Area of Study, focusing on Evil.

A topic like social issues seems fun! We had to create an artwork surrounding social issues in VA

russ3l

HSC
We just finished a close study of Empire of the Sun and now are studying Macbeth, which I'm struggling quite a bit with :( I think we're doing an Area of Study, focusing on Evil.

A topic like social issues seems fun! We had to create an artwork surrounding social issues in VA
Look up shmoop and sparknotes :) they will help
I've also typed up a substantial amount of notes so if you want them just pm me

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
I wish I did romeo and juliet :(
and I've done motion already :p evolution is on the 'got to do' list now :)
What are you guys' favourite subject?
Hmm, I legitimately enjoy all my subjects. Although I would put English as my 'most' favourite subject currently.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Hmm, I legitimately enjoy all my subjects. Although I would put English as my 'most' favourite subject currently.
I find all my subjects to be okay except for PDHPE (practical). I like the theory though, it is relevant and will be needed in life.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
thought u were azn
Our teacher makes it interesting and I enjoy reading crime and science fiction. It is definitely the subject where I feel I get the most out of it purely because of the way it was taught to me. Not saying it is my best subject, although I enjoy it a lot.

russ3l

HSC
Our teacher makes it interesting and I enjoy reading crime and science fiction. It is definitely the subject where I feel I get the most out of it purely because of the way it was taught to me. Not saying it is my best subject, although I enjoy it a lot.
+1
I enjoy preparing 'quote-technique-effect' to texts, especially Shakespeare plays and novels. I also fancy learning new words and how it can be used in a variety of contexts. :)

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
+1
I enjoy preparing 'quote-technique-effect' to texts, especially Shakespeare plays and novels. I also fancy learning new words and how it can be used in a variety of contexts. :)
Pretty much this. I enjoy using fancy words I find in the thesaurus (in the correct context of course).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)