Your favourite music from back in the day (1 Viewer)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Pretty much a thread to post up what music that you were into as a kid, or that defines your growing up. I guess alot of that music comes from stuff my brothers and sisters liked (i have 5 siblings), so there's heaps of random stuff like:

- Alanis Morissette
- anything by Savage Garden
- Shania Twain (lulz)
- Horses by Daryl Braithwaite
- an old Hottest 100 CD with Say What by 28 Days and Betterman by John Butler.
- Jewel

Or actually really shit songs from back in the day which you secretly harbour a strong love for, e.g.

Spice up Your Life by the Spice Girls :headbang:

Feel free to post video clips cos they can be quite hoolarious but i can't cos i have dial-up grgrgrgr

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
So Fresh: The Hits of Summer 2005

Was the last real album of my mainstream music tastes.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
hahaha oh forgot them! Yes anything So Fresh! actually i think we still have some stashed away... *runs from room*

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
the top songs that came on video hits and hot 30 countdown.

blink182, the offspring, bomfunk mc's, destinys child/beyonce, nickelback (this is how you remind me, loved that song), green day, kylie minogue, mandy more, rob thomas/maroon 5, linkin park, probably some more, cant remember.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
spice girls, shania twain lol

and i guess anything my parents listened to, paul mccartney, the beatles, dragon. anything from the 80s

danal353

HSC
Backstreet boys

edit: especially their older, really lame love songs *sighs...

boganxcore

HSC
grew up listening to jimi hendrix, miles davis, a lot of fusion jazz, led zeppelin etc

loved spice girls as well lol

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Killing Heidi (everytime Mascara was on the radio my mum used to turn the volume down when Ella swore, haha), Jamiroquai, Savage Garden, Green Day (we had to sing Good Riddance for a school concert item in year one, heh), Nirvana, Blink 182, Incubus, Matchbox Twenty and *Nsync.
Oh and I guess Van Morrison and Crowded House can be included too because I started listening to Van when I was in year five and Crowded House have always been a favourite in my household.
And Blow Up the Pokies by the Whitlams.
I have a whole heap of burnt CDs somewhere with the random music I used to listen to. I just can't seem to find them.
I think the first album I ever bought with my own money was either Present by Killing Heidi or More Than You Think You Are by Matchbox Twenty. Before that all I had was a load of burnt CDs and singles.

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Eiffel 65 - I'm Blue, Still an awesome song

[youtube]68ugkg9RePc[/youtube]

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
oh how i despise those 'so fresh' cds.

what, you don't have the intelligence, nor the autonomy to choose which music sounds good, so you let the record companies do it for you?

hah!

kyokaku92

HSC
Back in the day, I loved 70s/80s music and still do. Nowadays, I listen more to classical/romantic/20th century music and a bit of jazz :wave:

Definitely not into Chinese pop ballads like my mum is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)