Votes: 4 1.8%
  • earth and environmental

Votes: 6 2.7%

• Total voters

rellenayyy

HSC
bio ftw.
chem is like die but easy.
phys is like. well. dammit. i hardly remember attending. so idk.

HSC
hmmm..im not tooo much of a fan of science either.
but im doing one for 11 & 12, and thats chemistry.
its always been my favourite and the only aspect of science that i understand.
so, chem gets my vote =]

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
i dropped all science for hsc :)
but i voted biology because i originally chose it for year 11/12, then read that year 11 involved ecosystems or something and got the hell out! but i liked all the genetics stuff in year 10, that was interesting.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
dance2urownbeat said:
i dropped all science for hsc :)
but i voted biology because i originally chose it for year 11/12, then read that year 11 involved ecosystems or something and got the hell out! but i liked all the genetics stuff in year 10, that was interesting.
The genetics topic wasn't too bad in year 10, but it was ruined and spoilt and wrecked by the crappest teacher... He has some of the worst teaching methods and can't hear anything! But I preferred Year 10 Physics and Chemistry over it :D, hehe

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
Aquawhite said:
The genetics topic wasn't too bad in year 10, but it was ruined and spoilt and wrecked by the crappest teacher... He has some of the worst teaching methods and can't hear anything! But I preferred Year 10 Physics and Chemistry over it :D, hehe
haha well i fell asleep in physics more than once in year 10, despite having like the top ranked physics/science teacher in the state! who has won a bunch of awards for teaching and science and such and NASA even wanted him but he wanted to teach or something...so if he couldn't get me interested/ help me understand physics, i had no hope!

HSC
Aquawhite said:
Haha. Same here. Genetics wasnt too bad a topic but if its taught in a crappy way, it will turn out to be quite a mess.
Yeah, i loved chemistry in year 10. it was my favourite but unfortunately it was the first one we did in the year. so that meant the rest of the science lessons throughout the year were going to be boring for me.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
missmarshmallow said:
Haha. Same here. Genetics wasnt too bad a topic but if its taught in a crappy way, it will turn out to be quite a mess.
Yeah, i loved chemistry in year 10. it was my favourite but unfortunately it was the first one we did in the year. so that meant the rest of the science lessons throughout the year were going to be boring for me.
My school did it a little differently in Year 10. We cycled through Chemistry, Physics, Earth & Environmental, Biology (Genetics) and 'Science Skills/Nuclear Physics'. For each topic we had the best senior teacher that our school has teach it; the different thing that we did though, was that we would go through them all in 2 terms, then repeat again. So you got to do each sub-subject twice (but with a different topic)

So it was very fun.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
missmarshmallow said:
Genetics was half of my hsc bio course because he did the genetics option as well as the genetics core topic.

Biology is epic, chem was also sweet

HSC
Aquawhite said:
My school did it a little differently in Year 10. We cycled through Chemistry, Physics, Earth & Environmental, Biology (Genetics) and 'Science Skills/Nuclear Physics'. For each topic we had the best senior teacher that our school has teach it; the different thing that we did though, was that we would go through them all in 2 terms, then repeat again. So you got to do each sub-subject twice (but with a different topic)

So it was very fun.
That actually sounds like a good way to do it. But i dont think it would suit me very much. doing physics, earth & environmental, bio again would srsli kill me. i like doing it a topic at a time , but then again i dont even really know what is like to do it the sub-subject way haha.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
missmarshmallow said:
That actually sounds like a good way to do it. But i dont think it would suit me very much. doing physics, earth & environmental, bio again would srsli kill me. i like doing it a topic at a time , but then again i dont even really know what is like to do it the sub-subject way haha.
Haha :lol:

I enjoyed changing frequently between the subjects of science thoroughly. I thought the best teacher was my Earth & Enviro teacher... she was amazing and has a really sexy accent :) jks. We got so off topic especially in the Cosmology/Astronomy topic (which I would like to take as a subject in the HSC, but the school isn't going to offer it... or through distance/online :()

HSC
Aquawhite said:
Haha :lol:

I enjoyed changing frequently between the subjects of science thoroughly. I thought the best teacher was my Earth & Enviro teacher... she was amazing and has a really sexy accent :) jks. We got so off topic especially in the Cosmology/Astronomy topic (which I would like to take as a subject in the HSC, but the school isn't going to offer it... or through distance/online :()
LOL. i ended up with the same teacher in yr 9 & 10. he's great for chemistry, i think that maybe why i like it alot, but everything else , he taught well, but alotta ppl found him boring. i got used to his teaching methods so, it was good for me anyway. =]

HSC
Physics

Cause u are actually learning stuff that u didnt know before that existed right aroud you

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
biology!

i'm terrible at physics/chem. and i also strongly dislike them both anyway.
and i was strongly considering doing EES over economics, but things changed anyway.

studentcheese

HSC
Physics... because it's challenging.
Biology is quite interesting but it's not as intellectually satisfying.
Chemistry is totally boring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)