your opinions on experimenting with drugs.. while on schoolies? (1 Viewer)

jennieTalia

HSC
Just so EVERYONE is aware. Personally I say do what you want to do. But you have to know the facts.

Links have been made between marijuana use and the onset of schizophrenia before but, as Catalyst’s Paul Willis reports, new research suggests something quite worrying for all young cannabis users.

Dr Martin Cohen at the Hunter Medical Research Institute in Newcastle is comparing the functioning brain of cannabis users and schizophrenia sufferers with a control group, and alarmingly the brains of young heavy dope smokers are actually functioning more like the brain of a schizophrenic.

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/s777336.htm Search marijuana and schizophrenia in google for even more results. I studied schizophrenia and drugs for my drama major and stumbled across an OVERWHELMING amount of information.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=marijuana+schizophrenia&meta=

As for death from e or whatever, It isn't necessarily the drug that kills you, but often what dodgy people mix with it to make more cheaply.
You don't know what crap they are mixing in with pills.

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=wB9xsFp0efwC&pg=PA206&lpg=PA206&dq=ecstasy+death+half+pill&source=web&ots=DoThffwAyX&sig=HsvEXbR0gmel0N4wyYhbGYcqagI&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=10&ct=result

Stay safe guys :)
The point is, even if the chance is really slim... is it worth it?
I hope you do what is right for you.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
jennieTalia said:
Worse case scenario. But I am 100 percent serious.
um no... just what you said was pretty much:

weed is bad! it can make you psycho!
Pills are bad! they can kill you!

But alcohol? nah, that's fine.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
jennieTalia said:
As for death from e or whatever, It isn't necessarily the drug that kills you, but often what dodgy people mix with it to make more cheaply.
You don't know what crap they are mixing in with pills.
Which is why you buy pill testing kits, or know your source.

jennieTalia

HSC
-may-cat- said:
um no... just what you said was pretty much:

weed is bad! it can make you psycho!
Pills are bad! they can kill you!

But alcohol? nah, that's fine.
Ahahaha.
Alcohol can be bad.
But I'm fine with it :) Although I'm not a nutter who is going to get so smashed their liver fails...

I never said they were bad. I basically said- know what they can do. They ARE NOT HARMLESS and anyone who starts taking them thinking so is screwed up.

As for the links- dubious, certainly... but if there was no link then why would there be an examination of it? I would rather not take the risk.

inter108

HSC
booze can make you turn into fezdog.

you don't want to be fezdog.

inquire for more info on fezdog.

inter108

HSC
jennieTalia said:
Ahahaha.
Alcohol can be bad.
But I'm fine with it :) Although I'm not a nutter who is going to get so smashed their liver fails...
Well if you really want a example....... :)

jennieTalia

HSC
Graney said:
Which is why you buy pill testing kits, or know your source.
Not everyone would bother.
Maybe that should be on a new board. If people are going to take it, nothing is really going to change their mind. They need to know how to be as safe as possible.
(some of us don't know a source for dug dealers aha!)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Alcohol is the worst shit out on any measure of quantitative or qualitative harm.

jennieTalia

HSC
Graney said:
That doesn't make any sense.
Ok, I'll dumb it down.

If there is no link between weed and psychosis...
none at all

then why would people be seeing links in the first place?

Dubious or no, there are links PERCEIVED and therefore, whether they are doubtful or concrete fact, you have to accept that there is a POSSIBILITY.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
jennieTalia said:
Pfft half a pill can actualy cause death, depending on tolerance etc, and some people have allergies that they never know about. Plus who knows what bullsh*t goes into them

As for weed.... it IS psychotic. One smoke can make you schizophrenic. The stats are out there. I wish people would look.

Alcohol is good enough for me.
hm i dunno...

this sounds pretty silly to me

jennieTalia

HSC
Graney said:
Alcohol is the worst shit out on any measure of quantitative or qualitative harm.
From what statistics?

Are you telling me that if I have a jagerbomb it is worse than having a joint?
Bearing in mind- the effects of alcohol are well known... whereas with weed it is still largely unknown.

With the Bulldogs next year; that is, the Yale Bul
HSC
iamemanuel said:
hey folks,

it has been a rather in depth debate within my group of friends about who will be trying stuff just for the sake of experimenting and who wont.

i personally am kinda keen to try stuff purely coz i will only be young once...
True that.
In the past i have only ever tryed a bit of weed at a party but didnt really have any effect..

wat are your opinions on the matter? and if you are keen to experiment how far/or how harder drug would you be willing to try?
Um, I'll try to stick with the mainstream and not experiment, and if I were to, definitely nothing intravenous, addictive, or a hard drug, let alone anything that's a Class A or B drug.

Prison doesn't sound great, and druggies don't tend to get places in life, with many occupations being denied to them.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
jennieTalia said:
Dubious or no, there are links PERCEIVED and therefore, whether they are doubtful or concrete fact, you have to accept that there is a POSSIBILITY.
There's a correlation. Does not mean causation. At all.

jennieTalia

HSC
-may-cat- said:
hm i dunno...

this sounds pretty silly to me
LOOK at the evidence. Then make up your mind.

I'm seriously not trying to tell anyone what to do in terms of taking drugs, I just worry that people don't realise the possible implications.

jennieTalia

HSC
Graney said:
There's a correlation. Does not mean causation. At all.
Means POSSIBILITY. For sure.

Does it matter?

Not everyone who smokes weed will get schizophrenia... but the POSSIBILITY is enough to make me think twice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)