your opinions on experimenting with drugs.. while on schoolies? (1 Viewer)

Scissors

HSC
the roof
the roof
the roof is on fire!
we don't need nothing but weed and a lighter!

robyn7

HSC
iamemanuel said:
hey folks,

it has been a rather in depth debate within my group of friends about who will be trying stuff just for the sake of experimenting and who wont.

i personally am kinda keen to try stuff purely coz i will only be young once...

In the past i have only ever tryed a bit of weed at a party but didnt really have any effect..

wat are your opinions on the matter? and if you are keen to experiment how far/or how harder drug would you be willing to try?
yeah for sure try it out i mean you only live once you should try everything once.. :DDDDDD

Dombrovski

HSC
robyn7 said:
yeah for sure try it out i mean you only live once you should try everything once.. :DDDDDD
And while we're at it, why dont you try... jumping at a car/train once in your life. might be the only time you do it, but hey, try everything once. idiot.

now, on a less angry tone;

to be honest, I dont drink or do drugs... i dont even drink coffee. sure, say that i am in "a bubble", but i dont care, because i am happy with the fact that i know that im not going to ever be in a scenario where my taking of an unknown substance may impact on another person's life.

I'm not going to stumble drunk in front of a car
I'm not going to jeopradise my forensic/medical science career because I'm charged with drug possession/use/selling
I'm not going to to force my family to sit through hours of therapy beacuse they might not be able to cope with my death,
nor will anybody elses family to have to cope with me causing someone elses death whilst im high on drugs and feeling homicidal.

I also don't understand why everyone is simply discussing the implications of the drugs on themselves...

what about the wider community? What about the other poor people who may die from an overdose or be put in prison simply because you have funded a drug dealer to continue producing and selling their drugs? does anybody remember Anna Wood?
http://blogs.smh.com.au/thedailytruth/archives/2007/08/bless_the_beasts_and_the_paren.html
People funded a drug dealer, through their drug using actions, to sell the drugs which killed her. A life, wasted.
or what about the person who then kills someone or maims someone beacuse their batch has sent them into a craze??

and 95+ UAI? good for you little miss insular. that ranking wont help you get past the potential trauma of causing somebody elses death...

drugs (legal and illegal) don't just impact on the bodys functions - they attack the community - just look at mexico [out of context to some extent, but it shows how innocent people are being killed because of drugs]

And violence? no one can refute the danger which can be found around pubs in the early morning.

And if you want to "confront your own mortality", go white water rafting, swim with sharks or bungee jumping. either way, you play with your life, and you dont have that hangover afterwards

Bad things happen to good people. Good things happen to bad people. Drugs will impact on you differently every single time you use them, especially the illegal ones, as there in no way to ensure quality control of whatever you are using.

people say that they have limits? yes they do

but you will never know if that could be breached by whatever you're taking... maybe your body can cope with .5% ground up glass, or maybe that glass can destroy your metabolism. and then you are dead. or vegetative. your life will be "fun" as you watch people's lives blossom from your little seat in prison. chemical sensitivity can be a killer, and for all you know, that one obscure chemical in the world which may trigger anaphalaxis may be found in whatever your taking.

Whoever said it was okay to spike other peoples drinks [even as a jest]. You are an idiot. that is a criminal offence, and peoples lives are destroyed and/or severely damaged because of drink spiking. you are a grave insult to their memories and lives with that callous statement.

Also, in regard to human stupidity, [Whoever that was too] you have a strong point; being scared of the incriminating consequences kills people. but it is still no excuse - the circumstance was generated by the taking of the drugs, not the foolish actions afterwards

short of the one or two major provokative sentences aimed at a few people, I am not asking to be attacked, but arguments have been presented, or not presented (in relation to society), and I have merely given my opinion in an attempt to dissuade from the use of illicit drugs...

and the legal drugs? still be careful.

either way, keep safe.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
jennieTalia said:
Many of them are.

Science is always at odds with each other. Studies are often too complex to reveal certainty. Theories are just that, theories. So essentially everything is, and can be, under debate.

maybe "highly" is the word of question. In my case, any debate is interesting. Maybe it isn't at the top of the 'debating pile', and you possibly wouldn't get given it as a topic for the school debating team. But any argument is good enough to cause questions in my own mind.

EDIT: What about other drugs?? Anyone thinking of using heroin.....
this could be interesting
How can you talk about science when you're not even doing any sciences?
On top of this, learn the definition of 'theory' when used in a scientific context.

eldore44

Facebook is better.
HSC
robyn7 said:
yeah for sure try it out i mean you only live once you should try everything once.. DDDDD

But seriously,
Dombrovski (an extract) said:
And while we're at it, why dont you try... jumping at a car/train once in your life. might be the only time you do it, but hey, try everything once. idiot.

to be honest, I dont drink or do drugs... i dont even drink coffee. sure, say that i am in "a bubble"

Whoever said it was okay to spike other peoples drinks [even as a jest]. You are an idiot. that is a criminal offence

and I have merely given my opinion in an attempt to dissuade from the use of illicit drugs...

and the legal drugs? still be careful.
You sir, are even more of an idiot.

Not only was your opening line not funny, but it contradicts everything else you say.

As for the people saying you live in a bubble, I am one of them. But I'm sure coffee would have a terrible effect on not only you but the wider community as well.. wait, how does that work exactly?

Spiking drinks is a criminal offence?! As opposed to just having illegal drugs. Kinda speaks for itself, wouldnt you say.

Merely giving your own opinion would not constitute you telling people what to do, or stating facts. Sure, you have a biased opinion on the subject, which comes through- but it is far more than merely that.

Legal drugs are fine, dont go discouraging people from the use of pain killers because you think you actually know something about drugs which you obviously don't.

Although, saying all that, I agree with the fact that you shouldn't use illegal drugs and that they can majorly screw you up.

But I would just like to advise that if you're going to use drugs, don't start with anything hard. Pingers will do you more than enough.

eldore44

Facebook is better.
HSC
9deuce said:
I stopped drinking Diet Coke
I'm on that coke diet

8 ball of cocaine and some alcohol is all you need.
Just had a re-read of this thread. An 8 ball? Are you kidding? If you're doing an 8 ball and drinking at the same time you have issues.

that bloke

HSC
hopethisworks said:
ice isnt as bad as the media portrays it tbh.
Hahahah. haha. ice is the poor, boring man's speed. It is also the lamest high of all drugs going round. If you want to run amok, take speed/pills. If you want to sit around talking cod-shit, smoke a joint and talk about something vaguely interesting/amusing.

Anywho, if you are new to pills, and you take them at leavers... ahh schoolies, the comedown will probably crush you, and for every night on the pills, one day following will be a near write-off.
Schoolies is once-in-a-lifetime. Don't waste it by wallowing around feeling sorry for yourself. My mates wasting 3 days bedridden on a bali trip one time after getting too keen with the sudo-efredens are testament to that. Best bet is to just stick to what you know and go hard with that and live it large.

And as others with half a clue have suggested, leave the acid well-the-fuck alone. There is a time and a place for everything.

Dis Amrahs

HSC
After schoolies, eat peyote. Then maybe if I took a bite out of Uluru i'd see the dreamtime or something. I wonder if you can get Lophophora williamsii in Sydney. I know that it is legal for 'spirutual purposes' but perhaps thats just in america.

auerbach

HSC
I'm taking my advice on narcotics from Chris Lilley. He's a responsible guy right? E-E-E-E-Ecstasy...

*ODs and dies*

Lazy Student

HSC
Schoolies next week, gonna be sweet. Planning to bake an epic batch of hash brownies, since weed is awesome but smoking really isn't. A mate is bring an E for each us, which will be my first time on it. He's gonna stay sober and make sure we all have a good time on it without going overboard. Other than that there'll be shitloads of alcohol and even more fun. Looking forward to it immensely.

At whoever was whinging about taking any kind of risk whatsoever a page or two back - live a little. It wouldn't kill you to have fun, you've just gotta know what you're doing. Nobody's suggesting taking unsafe doses or mixing drugs. It's perfectly simple to do drugs responsibly - this may seem like an oxymoron but if you do your homework you'll find that you can do most drugs without too much risks as long as you do the right thing. I'll only be popping one E pill while on schoolies, since it's not a drug you can do with any frequency. I won't be drinking that night, and I'll have a sober friend looking out for me. You just need to get down off your high horse and realise that there's more to drugs than simply burying your head in the sand and saying "DRUGS ARE BAD" over and over. The altered state of consciousness they bring can be amazing, and you just can't get these experiences any other way.

jan170891

HSC
I reckon people shouldn't be tempted to take drugs at any time of your own life. SERIOUSLY, IT ONLY RUINS YOUR HEALTH!

But it's your choice what you do with your life. One thing to ask yourself is 'do you want to DIE early or later?'

beersandwich

HSC
if you dont take drugs ur a fukin pussy and a loser.

for best results combine many different drugs at the same time!

HSC
beersandwich said:
if you dont take drugs ur a fukin pussy and a loser.

for best results combine many different drugs at the same time!
With alcohol :hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)