your opinions on experimenting with drugs.. while on schoolies? (2 Viewers)

Mawery

HSC
I only read to page 7 of this thread but it's very informative and a good discusion, I've had a very 'un-sheltered' life. I've known about drugs for my whole life, Seen people doing drugs etc. I'm turning 15 in a few weeks and my dad is starting to let me go out and party etc. I have smoked pot a few times this year (This is my year of experimenting as I'm leaving to work next year.) Tbh I'm very confused but I'm probably going to try Acid, Coke and maybe ecstacy, If you want a good time tbh alcohol can do it, My main reason for smoking dope is for hang over cure or just 'something to do'. I live in a small town where not much goes on so I guess we would experiment a bit more than most guys our age. I'd not reccommend nor rubbish drugs, I do not hate people that use drugs or think any different of them, It's completely their lifestyle choice. If you do your research and find out all the effects, side effects etc and know how to deal with them drugs could be great. Just keep strong, Dont feel pressured.

U

Ubik

Working in hospitals and medical centres the last few years I have seen my share of drug addicts and drug relatd incedents.

Pattern:

take drugs occasionally during school
after school clubbing take them more often
gradually get into harder stuff
Loose your job
have a bunch of kids you can look after cause your to high
end up getting money from the govt to support your habit (which the taxpayer pays for)
end up in jail because you have resorted to crime to get drugs.

See injurys all the time and young people overdosing and going into comas etc. and you may not realise how common it is this isnt only happening in poorer low socioeconomic area but in middle class areas aswell.

Here is some interesting statistics

Adult male police detainees testing positive to selected drugs in jail - 80%
Australian Institute of Criminology - Error

Near half of all drug related emergency room visits are due to overdose

Ecstasy-related emergency room incidents increased nationwide from 250 in 1994, to 637 in 1997, to 1,142 in 1998, to 2,850 in 1999.
In addition to the effects of the drug itself, street heroin may have additives that do not readily dissolve and result in clogging the blood vessels that lead to the lungs, liver, kidneys, or brain. This can cause infection or even death of small patches of cells in vital organs.
The number of ED visits involving heroin/morphine increased 15 percent, from 84,409 to 97,287

The heroin addict spends between $150 to $200 per day to maintain a heroin addiction

It has been estimated that 85-90% of property theft and muggings on the street are made by addicts to fund their habit.

Approximately 20 million people over the age of 12 use drugs in the US and around 20,000 people die each year from their addiction

So wouldnt you rather go to schoolies drink and have fun instead of taking drugs and being confronted by an even higher risk of injury/death.
Alcohol is responsible for the most emergency room visits by far.

cassieagill

HSC
i probably will, but some people said they would kick me out of the house if i brought weed up :( do you think their being uptight or are they right?

hotdimsim

HSC
i probably will, but some people said they would kick me out of the house if i brought weed up :( do you think their being uptight or are they right?
take the weed and either
a) put the weed in a normal smoke and replace the filter with a roach. its called a secret agent. just make sure you smoke down wind :)
b) give every one else a hit and theyll soon learn the wonders of the devils lettuce.

to all the schoolies going this year, take the advice of a schoolies veteran and forgo any pills at the GC. just too dangerous buying them as they are always cut to the point they have little to no mdma. if you can, source them from a trusted dealer from home.

i tried acid at schoolies. was mad fun. i was in my apartment with my friends, and just tripped balls for about 10 hours. dropped at 10 am and calmed down around 8pm, perfect time to start partying :guitar:. even went down to the pool at about 6pm for a swim (it felt like swimming in an ocean of some elixir of life, amazing :O)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Mmmmmmmm *gets all nostalgic*

I think a pill I took the other weekend (first one that has actually worked really well), was cut with LSD.

Acid is actually great.

baybeedoll50

HSC
mm, drugs a no go for me :)
i have nothing against people that do them, but i can have fun without them :)
xo

Imagination

HSC
Yes, drugs do have different effects on each individual, but my brother died after taking ecstasy for his first time, keep that in mind

felinkity

HSC
I don't really think that drugs are necessary to try... If you can have fun without them and they might have bad effects on you, why bother?

lolihatestudyin

HSC
If you didn't feel any effect, you must of only had one toke, or a few really bad ones.
There's an art to it :D

I used to do weed semi-regularly, and did pills a few times.
Though, i've been clean for over 6 months.

I'm keen to do ecstasy again, maybe mushrooms, just not at clubs or beach
:jedi:.

Jordy2305

HSC
13 fukn years of all this stress i for one will be druged fucked the whole time. why not we are entitled to some R n R, after all we are all about to endure. if u havnt done drugs before stick to weed maybe a pill but only if uno the persn dont go buying shit from people u dont no, could be nythink in that shit. if ur gunan try drugs dont go fukn overboard like having 3 or 4 pingaz ya first time. lol have as many cones as u want u will either just pass out, or chuck up, seen it many times. I havnt smoked weed for month and a half getting clean for my exams cant wait to get back on it, gwd luck party hard take drugs its worth it.

1337z4u12

HSC
my schoolies is in phuket thailand

can get anything and everything. But ill probably just stick to the gangue. Chill out and have fun for the week - wind down from the exams, watch a few ping pong shows halalhhala.
But yeah I dont think ill go hardcore.. dont want to wake up with a man whore :S

tarrant

HSC
i hate it how no one considers alcohol a drug because its legal. its gets you smashed more than alot of illegal drugs. i'd also be staying well away from pills being sold up at the gold coast. god knows what could be in them especially when every dealer knows that most people up there will buy almost anything. pack the things you need, be safe and have a blast. :hippie: wicked

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
my schoolies is in phuket thailand

can get anything and everything. But ill probably just stick to the gangue. Chill out and have fun for the week - wind down from the exams, watch a few ping pong shows halalhhala.
But yeah I dont think ill go hardcore.. dont want to wake up with a man whore :S
Remember to write me from Bang Kwang

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)