1 week to go! (1 Viewer)

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
600 words will get you 10 - 12/20

Not necessarily, it's not always about quantity, it's also quality and often quality can compensate for quantity ! It's happened before ! P.s 600 words was just a Hypothetical example, they don't actually count your words ( obviously ) but they kinda measure it through page count. And often, word space and size makes a large difference in quantity too...

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Not necessarily, it's not always about quantity, it's also quality and often quality can compensate for quantity ! It's happened before ! P.s 600 words was just a Hypothetical example, they don't actually count your words ( obviously ) but they kinda measure it through page count. And often, word space and size makes a large difference in quantity too...
Yes, necessarily.

An excellent 950 - 1000 word essay will get you 18-19/20, that's an essay that's been refined for a while and the kid has a unique, insightful understanding into the text.

You wouldn't be writing just 600 words if you have an insightful understanding into the text. But if you happen to produce 600 words with great language and good style, you'll get 10-12/20.

Quantity creates quality.

There's no use writing two paragraphs, even if it's written by the greatest scholar in history, it's still two paragraphs and an inadequate amount of information.

Last edited:

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
You do need quantity to some extent... reference to *sustained response* (something you can't really prove with 600 words)

Makematics

HSC
People at my school and other schools have gotten A range with 600 words, just sayin'. And not everyone is physically capable of smashing out 3000 words in 120 mins.

trololo

HSC
Yeah I have Advanced English and Legal first week, so I'm going to be switching up between them over this week.
I finished my Legal Notes so I just need to keep reading through it and memorise my legislation and case studies. I am so screwed for World Order dough :( As for English, I should be sweet for Belonging but Modules is a bit hmmmm. Module A and C should be okay, just need to keep learning my notes and put it this way for Module B. If Shakespeare was alive, my life goal would be to impregnate his sister and mother.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I don't get English...

My essay for module C:
Intro
Para 1 (prescribed text discusses people entering into a new world)
Para 2 (related text discusses same thing)
Para 3 (prescribed text discusses changes in people)
Para 4 (related text discusses same thing)
Para 5 (prescribed text discusses consequences of entering into new world)
Para 6 (discusses same thing)
Conclusion
But what if they ask something like in the previous years

"The experience of moving into the world both limits and extends individual freedom."
Only my consequences paragraphs answer this, the rest are useless for this question

"Explain how Educating Rita and ONE other related text of your own choosing portray the consequences of moving into the world."
Again my consequences paragraphs answer this rest are useless

"The experience of moving into the world can challenge individuals’ attitudes and beliefs."
My changes paragraph answers this and rest are useless... And I have a feeling they'll ask something again which makes all my other paragraphs useless so what do I do when they do ask something like this? Just write out all the other useless paragraphs too or just write out the relevant paragraphs and and 4 paragraphs of roughly 500 wordsish :/

Basically, it's all about how you frame things. With this module you just need to show the paradigm shift. So the original situation, desire to get free, the barriers to overcome, the result of change etc. So to answer a question using Billy Elliot as an example:

"The experience of moving into the world both limits and extends individual freedom."
Billy is trapped in a situation with no freedom
Billy finds moving into a new world challenging, and damages ties with his family
Billy finds new personal growth and learns to connect to others via that

"Explain how Educating Rita and ONE other related text of your own choosing portray the consequences of moving into the world."
Billy is trapped in a situation that is negative
Billy finds barriers to moving into a new world; family, friends, values, culture
Billy finds new personal growth as a positive consequence

"The experience of moving into the world can challenge individuals’ attitudes and beliefs."
Billy is trapped in a situation that reinforces cultural values
Billy challenges these values in his attempt to move into a new world
Billy overcomes these; gains new respect for himself and teaches his family something new

They're all very similar paragraphs. They're just framed differently.

Makematics

HSC
There was this one day AZ repped me, i still remember it. The best day of my life.

fionarykim

HSC
Ahh i just feel like i havent had enough time to study! (i know everyone feels the same)
but i cant say im stressed, for some reason im not stressed either

but gonna spend this week everyday on english
and 1 maths paper a night, alternate between 4u and 3u

how are you guys studying english?
im so worried my hands are gonna die and fall off during paper 2 :p

Your rep would probably make someone jump ~2 bars if they're below the light green box lol

Wanna experiment? ;)
oh am i allowed to give rep?
i wanna join in too hahaha

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
oh am i allowed to give rep?
i wanna join in too hahaha
Sure, why not :)

How do i have more rep power than you?
You mean rep power? This takes into consideration more than just the amount of rep you've received. As far as I know it takes into account how old your account is, post count, and amount of rep you've received. I'm a relatively new member that's why I only have 1 rep power whereas you've been here for more then 1 year + quite a few posts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)