1 week to go! (1 Viewer)

trololo

HSC
Hey guys,

Since there's basically one week to go, how's everyone feeling? I'm surprisingly not stressed at all! More importantly, what's everyone's study going to be like for this week? I'm thinking of taking the 'study smarter not harder' approach so I can take it easy and not stress myself out, thoughts?

All the best, boys and girls :)

BigBadBader

HSC
- Decided to not touch IPT.
- 4 subjects to study.
- got english down.
- Maths success one book finished 1.5 times
- SDD is going to fuck me.
- itvet is easy.
- after i finish my sdd exam i have 12 days to study for ipt.

not stressed. just bored. Get it over and done with.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
I'm going to concentrate all my efforts on English cos that's all I have on the first week :evilfire:

ClassOf2013

HSC
I've entered my trial results into an ATAR calculator, apparantly people get similar marks for their trials than their HSC, might as well start applying for apprenticeships now.

RedDeadMaddie

HSC
I've only focused on the three exams in the first week because my ones after that are fairly spread out.

Paper One
- Winging short answer.
- Need to come up with a story for creative writing.
- Need to finalise my Paper One essay quotes to memorise

Paper Two
- Need to memorise quotes for Module A and B of Paper Two (35 quotes for Module B :chainsaw2: Dammit poetry.)
- Need to find quotes for Module C!

Legal Studies
- Completed very summarised study notes for 3/4 Legal Studies topics ready to rote learn
- So, gotta do that 4th topic as well (Crime :C)

Typing that all out now, I realise I may be a bit behind schedule. Ideally I would've spent this entire week memorising the important shit, not still writing notes and finding quotes. But I'm not too bothered by English :) Legal Studies is my baby.

Last edited:

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
I've entered my trial results into an ATAR calculator, apparantly people get similar marks for their trials than their HSC, might as well start applying for apprenticeships now.
You're supposed to put your HSC marks into the ATAR calculator, not your raw exam marks. (E.g. 80-85/105ish raw = a band 6 in Advanced English) So don't be too disheartened.

My study this week will consist of a Legal Studies cram and memorising English essays!

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
You're screwed man. Your marks get moderated and the numerical value of your raw mark means close to nothing, except for determining the raw gaps between you and everyone else.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I don't get English...

My essay for module C:
Intro
Para 1 (prescribed text discusses people entering into a new world)
Para 2 (related text discusses same thing)
Para 3 (prescribed text discusses changes in people)
Para 4 (related text discusses same thing)
Para 5 (prescribed text discusses consequences of entering into new world)
Para 6 (discusses same thing)
Conclusion
But what if they ask something like in the previous years

"The experience of moving into the world both limits and extends individual freedom."
Only my consequences paragraphs answer this, the rest are useless for this question

"Explain how Educating Rita and ONE other related text of your own choosing portray the consequences of moving into the world."
Again my consequences paragraphs answer this rest are useless

"The experience of moving into the world can challenge individuals’ attitudes and beliefs."
My changes paragraph answers this and rest are useless... And I have a feeling they'll ask something again which makes all my other paragraphs useless so what do I do when they do ask something like this? Just write out all the other useless paragraphs too or just write out the relevant paragraphs and and 4 paragraphs of roughly 500 wordsish :/

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
I have the same fear and problem. I don't think it would entirely be ' useless', obviously first put forward the relevant paras but I'm sure you can somewhat mould ur essay to the question ( my tech is to use the specific words they use in the question to show that I'm relating it to da question) -though u probs already know that.. But remember, sometimes a 600ish word essay with sophistication and relevance is better than a 1000 word irrelevant shitty essay !

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
I don't get English...

My essay for module C:
Intro
Para 1 (prescribed text discusses people entering into a new world)
Para 2 (related text discusses same thing)
Para 3 (prescribed text discusses changes in people)
Para 4 (related text discusses same thing)
Para 5 (prescribed text discusses consequences of entering into new world)
Para 6 (discusses same thing)
Conclusion
But what if they ask something like in the previous years

"The experience of moving into the world both limits and extends individual freedom."
Only my consequences paragraphs answer this, the rest are useless for this question

"Explain how Educating Rita and ONE other related text of your own choosing portray the consequences of moving into the world."
Again my consequences paragraphs answer this rest are useless

"The experience of moving into the world can challenge individuals’ attitudes and beliefs."
My changes paragraph answers this and rest are useless... And I have a feeling they'll ask something again which makes all my other paragraphs useless so what do I do when they do ask something like this? Just write out all the other useless paragraphs too or just write out the relevant paragraphs and and 4 paragraphs of roughly 500 wordsish :/

I have the same fear and problem. I don't think it would entirely be ' useless', obviously first put forward the relevant paras but I'm sure you can somewhat mould ur essay to the question ( my tech is to use the specific words they use in the question to show that I'm relating it to da question) -though u probs already know that.. But remember, sometimes a 600ish word essay with sophistication and relevance is better than a 1000 word irrelevant shitty essay !

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
While I agree with that, 600 words is too little

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
The marking criteria also requires a sustained response, 600 words is not evidence of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)