2008 HSC School Rankings (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
Re: Top 200 Schools - Daily Telegraph

93. Same as last year I think.

PoisedTiger007

HSC

And NOW; people have the audacity to tell me that it's not because Malek Fahd is an Islamic school?
How does Islam relate to the school being selective and accelerated???

anonymousy43591

HSC

yay! 4th ^.^
and shut up everyone who think we target MFIS because they're islamic
u are tools
sorry to burst the bubble but no one really gives a shit whether ur islamic or not.. (u really arent that important) the world is not a conspiracy against islams so stop using it as an excuse u damn retards >.>

diametric

HSC

From the article I quoted, I quote:

"One public school principal told the Herald that two students from Malek Fahd Islamic School had sought enrolment at the public school just weeks before the HSC examinations began in October. Despite having paid the full year's fees, the students had been forced out of the private school because they were not expected to score 90 or above in their subjects. [...]"

This DID NOT HAPPEN. This DOES NOT HAPPEN to students in our school in YEAR 12. I have mates in year 12 who scored all 70s in their exams; they were NOT 'forced out' or any other bullshit of that kind.

Then please inform me the above responders, as to WHY exactly Malek Fahd is being lied about by the SMH and what I consider even more so astonishing, by Principals of other schools.

HSC

Fuck!!! Why Ballina High is out of list now??? Thats fraud.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A

diametric said:
Then please inform me the above responders, as to WHY exactly Malek Fahd is being lied about by the SMH and what I consider even more so astonishing, by Principals of other schools.
The above responders are only going by the apparent facts of an apparently unbiased newspaper article. As for the SMH and school principals lying, either you're right and these groups are lying to defame Malek Fahd, or you are wrong. It doesn't sound as though you will change your mind about this, but are you absolutely sure you are right?

dp624

HSC

diametric said:
From the article I quoted, I quote:

"One public school principal told the Herald that two students from Malek Fahd Islamic School had sought enrolment at the public school just weeks before the HSC examinations began in October. Despite having paid the full year's fees, the students had been forced out of the private school because they were not expected to score 90 or above in their subjects. [...]"

This DID NOT HAPPEN. This DOES NOT HAPPEN to students in our school in YEAR 12. I have mates in year 12 who scored all 70s in their exams; they were NOT 'forced out' or any other bullshit of that kind.

I'd say SMH is a slightly more trustworthy source than an anonymous Bored of Studies member, especially if it's known that said BoS member has a stake in the matter.

Also, for me, the fact that there's an I in MFIS makes no difference to my judgement whatsoever. It's what i believe, regardless of it being Agricultural, Private, Islamic or Christian.

ttong

HSC

hmmm, i doubt that MFIS would kick students out during their hsc course, but before it starts as in term 4 yes they do. i think around 2 came to our school at the beginning of term 4.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A

bell531 said:
The above responders are only going by the apparent facts of an apparently unbiased newspaper article. As for the SMH and school principals lying, either you're right and these groups are lying to defame Malek Fahd, or you are wrong. It doesn't sound as though you will change your mind about this, but are you absolutely sure you are right?
DB bell stop trying to articulate so intelligently

superle

HSC

woo :)
hornsby kept it consistent @ 5th
must beat sydney girls =(

anonymousy43591

HSC

hah! u wish! sydney girls will nvr fall to the likes of u! muhahaha :p

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

lol Hornsby Girls did beat Sydney Girls by coming 2nd in 2005 and 2006....other than those years it's usually Sydney Girls above Hornsby Girls...:p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Yeah in years to come, my school will come top 10.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

lyounamu said:
Yeah in years to come, my school will come top 10.
The question is how many years? ;)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Trebla said:
The question is how many years? ;)
My maths is just not good enough to calculate but my common sense tells me:

x -> infinity where x is the number of years...

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

lyounamu said:
My maths is just not good enough to calculate but my common sense tells me:

x -> infinity where x is the number of years...
LOL...that's "a lot" of years...:p

BabyBlueVamp

HSC

Enobarbus said:
I think it's you who's being narrow-minded. Where's the evidence that what I said was affected by the school's Islamic nature? I very clearly stated that any school doing something like this, Islamic or not, deserves censure.

I'm fed up to the back teeth with people coming to our country, and trying the change the Aussie culture we know and love, claiming it's just another part of "multiculturalism" we must accept. Perhaps some think we can import the cruel values from a foreign schooling system and plant it in Australia, but why should we put up with it. Why come here if you don't like Australian values like equality of opportunity?
Oh okay, so after using words such as - "Why come here if you don't like Australian values like equality of oppurtunity?" - you are telling me that its not in ANY way racist. WHAT IF the student is born in Australia, or what if the principal is born in Australia. That makes him australian RIGHT? or is this another notion of AUSTRALIANS determining who is Australian. As far as i was concerned, owning an Australian passport made you Australian. But i guess not, from what you are saying, that there are certain rules that determine whether you are Australian.
People come to this country and they become Australians. To some people, like the Aboriginals and British settlers, this is their home. Just because someone is a true "Aussie", as some would like to say, with fair skin and has had ancestors in this land does not give them immediate rights to deciding who or not should live or stay.
Tell me something. If this was a Christian school - (this statement is here to just prove a point,i do not mean any offence) - would you have made the comment of asking them to leave or pack to overseas campuses.? I do not think so. If this was a Christian school you wouldn't have used the words "Why come here" because you would think that by having ancestors in this country or being a part of this country's religion for a long time, gives those people the right to live here more than others who came here recently. Because they didn't come here. No, did they? Of course not, they came here ages ago, so why bring up the topic of asking them to go back to England. Right.
and we are not going to "import" anything. If it was some other religion. right? Because apparently, being from another religion means that we are imported culture and religion. It does not give us the right to call ourselves Australian. ( i m being thorougly sarcastic, if someone is confused).

I had hoped this conversation would stay in bounds, but i could not stop myself, after reading they way this whole topic has been worded. And no, from an outsider's perspecitve, no matter how many times you say its not Islamicly inclined, I won't believe you. Because as soon as you say that, the paragraph below it shows YOUR perspective of the people there. this is what you said "Such small-minded and inhumane values are not welcome in our country."...... Oh now tell me that this is not in the slightest (by using the words not welcome in OUR country).. tell me that this topic is not affected by religion. why would you ever bring up the possiblity of their unwelcomeness to Australia. By questioning why they came to Australia is enough to show that this conversation is not educational.

I particularly do not agree with the exclusion of students to make them attend Tafe. But i am willing to hear the other side of the argument. And for other out there, the ones that come from selective school and the best school ever (James Ruse), ask your self this question. Is it so hard to hear the other side? If you take pride in your smartness then why are you falling for media's petty words? Of course they are going to sensationalise. Of course, its their job, its their income. Of course they will never ever show the full side of the story if it means that their sales would decrease. Even I in their situation would do what they do and did. Sensationalise.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

Despite what others have said, just be aware that most people are not criticising the school because of its religion. The criticism is on the school apparently undertaking unethical practices. Do not start making false accusations of racism here, or else this thread will be likely to close. If it were a catholic, selective or any other private school doing these unethical things, the level of criticism would be hardly any different.

Enobarbus' view is not necessarily representative of everyone else's views.

benn07

HSC

Boo Yah.... Once again my school isn't on the list, and it probably never will be!!

Don't you just love the whole Christian-Muslim debate thing? hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)