2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

atreus

HSC
yeah, apparently she announced it to 'knock down rumours' that she faked her own pregnancy.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Obama offended by Palin smears
Politico's Carrie Budoff Brown reports: At a press avail in Monroe, Mich., Barack Obama on Palin: "Back off these kinds of stories."

"I have said before and I will repeat again: People's families are off limits," Obama said. "And people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president. So I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18 and how a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn’t be a topic of our politics."

On charges that his campaign has stoked the story via liberal blogs:

"I am offended by that statement. There is no evidence at all that any of this involved us," he said. "Our people were not involved in any way in this, and they will not be. And if I thought there was somebody in my campaign who was involved in something like that, they would be fired."
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Obama_on_Palin.html?showall

TurkStyle

HSC
If Mccain comes to power the cold war then ww3 will start.
if obama comes in i think ww3 will be prolonged and things will cool down a bit.

i just hope nukes are neva used again .

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
KarmaKitten said:
This is awesome!

I wanna hear all the crazy christians reactions to this.
What, that we're all victims of original sin?
How much easier would it have been for Palin to pressure her into an abortion?
These are principled people. The ticket earns moral points in my view.

Besides, Cheney's daughter is a rampaging homosexual and Bush still won the Christian right.
Petty change.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
This is... entirely different to claiming that you've given birth to a child which you've then denied as your own and raised as your mothers to protect mum's political agenda. Good on Obama for slamming these stories, shows more ticker than McCain has had in the face of similarly bad rumours around Obama and his family. If we're to be personal I think Obama's personal life has shown him to be more of an honourable man than McCain, despite McCain's war record.

I wanna hear all the crazy christians reactions to this.
I doubt many will care tbh. Most of them if they're that nuts have probably had similar 'problem children'.

Last edited:

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
What, that we're all victims of original sin?
How much easier would it have been for Palin to pressure her into an abortion?
These are principled people. The ticket earns moral points in my view.
Yeah, I was thinking this is doing nothing but earning her massive kudos in front of the conservatives. She's walking the walk instead of just talking the talk, yar yar yar.

Also all these claims of WW3 are making me nearly cry with laughter.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I'm just loving how Palin's conservatism is so genuine and practical. Her views have personal costs for her (son in Iraq, daughter up duff), but her committment to sacrifice for higher ideals, the greater good, is fucken serious business brau

McCain's message is taking good form

Last edited:

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Both leaders have a good chance of dying in office for obvious reasons, so it's fairly important that the vice prez nominees are ready to lead.
I can't say that I approve of Palin's selection. It's simply irresponsible and disgustingly cynical.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I miss her towering frigidity and constant half scream

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
_dhj_ said:
Both leaders have a good chance of dying in office for obvious reasons, so it's fairly important that the vice prez nominees are ready to lead.
I can't say that I approve of Palin's selection. It's simply irresponsible and disgustingly cynical.
I'm sure the fact that it might help him win also irritates you :p

EDIT: Actually Caribou Barbie is starting to get on my nerves. She speaks incredibly well though, you know, for a woman.

Last edited:

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
When did America become such a dreadfully conservative country? More worried about abortions than the threat of war on 3+ fronts. I want to blow up the religious right

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
A High Way Man said:
When did America become such a dreadfully conservative country? More worried about abortions than the threat of war on 3+ fronts. I want to blow up the religious right

Because Americans still believe that there is a GOD somewhere out there. :spam:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
IRAQ IS A MISSION FROM GOD.

"Speaking before the Pentecostal church, Palin painted the current war in Iraq as a messianic affair in which the United States could act out the will of the Lord.

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God," she exhorted the congregants. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan.""

350125GO

U Mad Brah?
HSC
Riet said:
IRAQ IS A MISSION FROM GOD.

"Speaking before the Pentecostal church, Palin painted the current war in Iraq as a messianic affair in which the United States could act out the will of the Lord.

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God," she exhorted the congregants. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan.""
lol what a fucked up old hag.

ZabZu

HSC
Anyone catch Foreign Correspondent last night? They were saying that many religious Americans and military families are turning against the Republican party. I think it was mostly filmed in Colorado.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)