2012 Year 9 &10 Mathematics Marathon (1 Viewer)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Young ones if you spend time investing in your interests, you will always get something in return + interests

If you plant the seed, water it and take care of it, you will get a harvest.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Young ones if you spend time investing in your interests, you will always get something in return + interests

If you plant the seed, water it and take care of it, you will get a harvest.
Yeah well i try to do maths and I get nothing in return except marks reading 7/20!

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Yeah well i try to do maths and I get nothing in return except marks reading 7/20!
Because you don't have heart/consistency/invested time

Without struggle there is no progress young Fawn

enoilgam

HSC
Because you don't have heart/consistency/invested time

Without struggle there is no progress young Fawn
I disagree - I think fawun has all of these things. I think she needs a better teacher and better instruction.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
None of that registered in my brain

but then again it's 1AM and who the hell is thinking about maths at 1AM?
Fawun just saying, go on skype. I'll give you the easiest way to get that answer that I found. We're talking about that petal question from Enoilgam right?

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Fawun just saying, go on skype. I'll give you the easiest way to get that answer that I found. We're talking about that petal question from Enoilgam right?
Can you pm me? I'm on my phone and it doesnt have skype lol

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Can you pm me? I'm on my phone and it doesnt have skype lol
I'll send it later tonight. Got some homework to catch up on, music examinations next Saturday and I'm writing up a maths exam currently.

ganji

The Juggernaut
HSC
Cheers have fun (thought last question referred to all of the nonshaded instead of within the box...
bad wording of question tbh) gl fawun

solutions: 20120930_163032.jpg

Last edited:

hamster-lol

HSC
If you know probability, here is a question I posted in the year 11 marathon.

a) Let

This is expressed in ascending order. By considering in descending order show that

b) Consider a bag. This bag has every single letter of the alphabet in it, and only one of each letter so that there are 26 letters in the bag. Let the probability of picking the letter 'z' out of the bag be

Now consider another bag, called bag 2. This bag contains 1 A, 2 B's, 3 C's, and so on, up to 26 Z's.

Show that none of the letters in bag 2 have the same probability of being pulled out as

ganji

The Juggernaut
HSC
Lol i know, i was just doing proper solutions so it looks easier to read... if you get what I mean xD so people actually get what is happening.

ganji

The Juggernaut
HSC
Here is an interesting question from my maths olympiad. Hint: think about patterns, fairly straightforward once you get it

A positive integer is said to be partitioned if expressed in the form n = x1 +x2 + ... +xk,
where k >= 1 and each of x1, x2, ... , xk is a positive integer. Assuming that order is
signicant (so that, for example, 1 + 2 and 2 + 1 are dierent partitions of 3), determine
in terms of n the number of ways of partitioning n.

Last edited:

kazemagic

HSC
If you know probability, here is a question I posted in the year 11 marathon.

a) Let

This is expressed in ascending order. By considering in descending order show that

b) Consider a bag. This bag has every single letter of the alphabet in it, and only one of each letter so that there are 26 letters in the bag. Let the probability of picking the letter 'z' out of the bag be

Now consider another bag, called bag 2. This bag contains 1 A, 2 B's, 3 C's, and so on, up to 26 Z's.

Show that none of the letters in bag 2 have the same probability of being pulled out as

GG, just replace "a" with "1" and "d" with "n"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)