Votes: 101 50.0%
  • Australian Labor Party

Votes: 101 50.0%

• Total voters

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Kevin Rudd is set to terminate the carbon tax and replace with an Emissions Trading Scheme. The carbon price will be reduced from $30 a tonne of pollution in 2015 to $6 a tonne of pollution from July 2014. Mr Rudd is a populist and listens to the wishes of the Australian people. Rudd has outlined savings of almost $4 billion to offset the $4 billion hit to government revenue. Environmental protection is on the chopping block. Rudd has proudly affirmed that economic growth is a better priority than environmental protection. I fully support what Rudd is doing.
Both of these are bad things

Okashi

HSC
I think the funny thing is looking through the whole thread I find how many times Sathius position has changed. Truly hilarious.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
I admit that my position on environmental protection has changed. I used to be a little pro environmental protection in 2013, now I a massive fan of economic growth. Ask me the three priorities of a Labor govt it is jobs, jobs, jobs. Labor is the party of jobs and it goes to the heart of our existence. God bless the Labor party.

Last edited:

Emily Howard

HSC
anyone dat beliebs politicans r our saviours srsly has sum mental problems

Jimmy2064

HSC
john howard: 'GST would never become part of Liberal Party policy' ??? welcome to the real world buddy, if you put your preferred party up on a pedestal, you're going to cop a mouthful of disappointment. politicians lie, what can ya do? to suggest it isn't a bipartisan issue is laughable.

considering you're doing your hsc in 2013, i'm guessing you didn't get to experience the years of tony pbuh abbott as health minister. he was full of shit too. big surprise.

and how exactly does abbott plan to stop the boats? sending them back into indonesian waters? we already know that the common tactic of boat-people is to sail into australian waters, destroy their engine, take on water and call an SOS - they can't send that boat back to its point of origin. never mind the fact that the indonesians have already said they would not accept these boats and it could potentially cause a diplomatic stir with our nearest neighbour with a population of 240 million. but abbott keeps on just repeating his market-tested talking point of 'we'll stop the boats, kevin rudd/julia gillard are people smugglers best friends'.

i think the thing that disgusts me most about Abbott is that he treats the electorate as a whole as a mentally challenged child who can only grasp one-line zingers instead of actual policy discussion.
Everything that you have just put forward, can also be said about the Labor party. If you bothered to read my comment before sprouting off on your own Labor-driven tangent you might.. just might, have noticed that I said I dislike Abbot immensely. That being the case, why base practically your whole reply around him? Also, if you're that simple minded that you think turning the boats around and risking hundreds of lives is actually a plausible option, then I'm sure as to why I'm even discussing this topic with you. In the end it doesn't really matter anyway, because I'm yet to come across a decent politician Labor or Liberal, and there is a plethora of precedence evident in both parties for lying and bullshit policies so ultimately I really couldn't care less either way.

Jimmy2064

HSC
I admit that my position on environmental protection has changed. I used to be a little pro environmental protection in 2013, now I a massive fan of economic growth. Ask me the three priorities of a Labor govt it is jobs, jobs, jobs. Labor is the party of jobs and it goes to the heart of our existence. God bless the Labor party.
Sometimes I wonder whether this is Australia or America.

Garygaz

HSC
Everything that you have just put forward, can also be said about the Labor party. If you bothered to read my comment before sprouting off on your own Labor-driven tangent you might.. just might, have noticed that I said I dislike Abbot immensely. That being the case, why base practically your whole reply around him? Also, if you're that simple minded that you think turning the boats around and risking hundreds of lives is actually a plausible option, then I'm sure as to why I'm even discussing this topic with you. In the end it doesn't really matter anyway, because I'm yet to come across a decent politician Labor or Liberal, and there is a plethora of precedence evident in both parties for lying and bullshit policies so ultimately I really couldn't care less either way.
you ironically accuse me of not reading your post (which i did) and then you claim that my post is promoting turning back the boats as good policy, when I'm saying the exact opposite. i mean you linked my comment, it's right there:
never mind the fact that the indonesians have already said they would not accept these boats and it could potentially cause a diplomatic stir with our nearest neighbour with a population of 240 million.
if that comes across as that you(I) think turning the boats around and risking hundreds of lives is actually a plausible option, well then, you're dafter than i originally thought.

maybe you're right, maybe you shouldn't discuss this topic with me, or anyone else for that matter.

Jimmy2064

HSC
you ironically accuse me of not reading your post (which i did) and then you claim that my post is promoting turning back the boats as good policy, when I'm saying the exact opposite. i mean you linked my comment, it's right there: if that comes across as that you(I) think turning the boats around and risking hundreds of lives is actually a plausible option, well then, you're dafter than i originally thought.

maybe you're right, maybe you shouldn't discuss this topic with me, or anyone else for that matter.
Okay, maybe I'll have to break this down into baby steps for you to understand.

you ironically accuse me of not reading your post (which i did)
That was sarcasm my friend, which you obviously didn't pick up on. (This means that whilst you may have literally read my post, you read it after already forming an opinion on what I meant). Now make sure you've got step 1 before moving on.

you claim that my post is promoting turning back the boats as good policy, when I'm saying the exact opposite
Where did I actually say that you were 'promoting' turning the boats back. Please quote me. I simply addressed the fact that you considered it even possible for the Liberal party to do that, which is quite true, you did.
how exactly does abbott plan to stop the boats? sending them back into indonesian waters?
I must say I initially thought you were just having trouble interpreting my replies, now I've realized that you can barely understand what you're saying^...

maybe you're right, maybe you shouldn't discuss this topic with me, or anyone else for that matter
Oh the irony. Coming from the guy who can't even get his opinion straight.

Garygaz

HSC
goddamn do you have aspergers or something? you post something straight out retarded and then claim that you're employing sarcasm. you seem to be the only aspie with any inkling of trouble in understanding what i said.

my last bit of advice for you is to look up what a leading question is. i was simply asking a question as to answer with an already established answer. please just stop embarrassing yourself and get back to the ESL forums.

Jimmy2064

HSC
The only person that it embarrassing themselves is the person who contradicts themselves on every single reply, you. The sheer fact that you had to resort to a personal insult just accentuates this. I'm also still missing the part where I supposedly said you were promoting turning the boats around? Please, I ask you to quote me.

I need not say anymore.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Except he never said that lol

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Good on Scott Morrison for being prepared to stand up for Australian values and traditions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)