2014 Fifa World Cup thread (1 Viewer)

iBibah

HSC
he defs played rly well

ozil had such a good chance at goal and when he missed and muller had a chance and missed i was like "oooooooooooooh" hahahaha

portugal was all over the place and played poorly and that was rly poor form of pepe lol what an idiot
Would you say that Germany were just really good or Portugal was sloppy and they capitalised?

idk im pretty nooby wif soccer but i thought it was the latter.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Would you say that Germany were just really good or Portugal was sloppy and they capitalised?

idk im pretty nooby wif soccer but i thought it was the latter.
both tbh

portugal were sloppy but it takes a good team to take advantage of cases like this to full effectiveness

case in point is how well germany executed their chances statistically, particularly in that first half where they scored off almost every chance they got

not to mention the excellent positioning etc.

Like for Pepe's red card, yeah that was obviously his fault for very stupidly deciding to grab Muller's face (massive brain fart) but if you looked at the play it was also a result of sheer desperation due to the fact Muller was so well-positioned he could have very well scored from that play if not stopped

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
but not at the peak where they were the side teams looked up to when utilising the high press

although Marco Reus is one of my favourite players so
devo he isnt in the world cup :(

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
admittedly i have been following the european leagues very loosely at best for the last year or so but im planning to get back into it after the world cup, the awesomeness of it tends to get me more into football hahaha

iBibah

HSC
admittedly i have been following the european leagues very loosely at best for the last year or so but im planning to get back into it after the world cup, the awesomeness of it tends to get me more into football hahaha
World Cup fever is unstoppable, im a complete noob when it comes to soccer but i cant help but want to watch (and get fifa cravings)

whats dortmund..

Btw I haven't seen Germany play yet. I watched the Argentina vs Bosnia game it was very disappointing.
It's a team in the German league.

Makematics

HSC
fkn watched germany and nigeria games, worth the all nighter before my exam :lol:
germany game showed me that i disliked germany for the same reasons i disliked bayern. wouldnt say they were that great, portugal was just terrible and my god pepe is retarded. as someone else was saying if he overreacts to the hand in the face then at least hurt the cunt if youre gonna get a red. bayern has turned muller into a bit of a prick...
nigeria-iran game was hilarious, nigeria absolutely terrible, im confident that bosnia will make easy work of both teams :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Watched the Germany-Portugal match in full today... some of the early exchanges were just ridiculous.

But yeah... healthy procrastination this morning :p

Going to wake up early for Brazil v Mexico tomorrow morning - should be an interesting match!

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
fkn watched germany and nigeria games, worth the all nighter before my exam :lol:
germany game showed me that i disliked germany for the same reasons i disliked bayern. wouldnt say they were that great, portugal was just terrible and my god pepe is retarded. as someone else was saying if he overreacts to the hand in the face then at least hurt the cunt if youre gonna get a red. bayern has turned muller into a bit of a prick...
nigeria-iran game was hilarious, nigeria absolutely terrible, im confident that bosnia will make easy work of both teams :)
yeah, i saw like 10 minutes of the nigeria game and i was laughing hard.
btw my friends were like sad that ghana lost in the ghana-usa match.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Watched the Germany-Portugal match in full today... some of the early exchanges were just ridiculous.

But yeah... healthy procrastination this morning :p

Going to wake up early for Brazil v Mexico tomorrow morning - should be an interesting match!
Watched it in full live :spin:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Nigeria and Iran was a good match actually.

The play with these type of teams is a lot more slow paced so you sometimes see really spectacular plays occur because usually the defence is slower to respond to a mad run or play.

Makematics

HSC

The play with these type of teams is a lot more slow paced so you sometimes see really spectacular plays occur because usually the defence is slower to respond to a mad run or play.
the football wasnt good lol. noone could put two passes together.

Makematics

HSC
yeah, i saw like 10 minutes of the nigeria game and i was laughing hard.
btw my friends were like sad that ghana lost in the ghana-usa match.
so was I because
1) I want ghana to go to round of 16 again
2) i hate USA
3) i tipped ghana :p

do your friends just like ghana or are they from ghana :lol:

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad

Yeah, decent game 0-0 though, some good breaks.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
the football wasnt good lol. noone could put two passes together.
Yeah I saw them long balls which 5 year old kids play.

I never said it was good football. I just meant it was interesting because more mistakes are made so more random funny stuff happens.

Kinda like those funny goals you see scored on weekend district games lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)