2014'ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Same. T_T I blame English and Maths omg (esp Adv English. There are so many modules, like why, just why). And how?!?! Every sub takes so much time D: Wow, wth, they must be super organised... But why?! 3 of those units won't even count D:
probs school in general T_T but omg, i think i'd rather have everything spread out. I don't want to do 3 consecutive days of maths D:
Noo, but silly mistakes :( legit 1 mark = 20 ranks for 2u. Just urgh.

@SuchSmallHands Holy, how are you coping with that?! Sounds horrible D:
ugh adv english..want to drop it faster than its hot fml
nah one of them is like oh eng ext 2, just gonna do all of it in the periods i have class in and holidays and there, 1 unit done!! hahha!! (sigh)
But yeah...some people are legit crazy i don't even know.

NO I prefer 3 consecutive days of maths. I have like 50 assessments to prepare for and 0 time. I don't even know what to start first so that's why I'm on BoS procrastinating hahaha
but 2u = bliss

Haruka

HSC
I'm breezing through Chem atm, all thanks to my awesome tutor. I can calculate the molar heat of combustion flawlessly now. He goes to USyd. Actually getting in would be a dream come true!

Anyone doing Chem got a research task yet? Seems like it's not happening till next year for us, since our teacher hasn't gotten his act together.

My Bio teacher also recommended an app called Wolfram Alpha. It's really good for checking your answers in any maths/science subjects, so it's worth downloading.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

iEatOysters

HSC
ugh adv english..want to drop it faster than its hot fml
nah one of them is like oh eng ext 2, just gonna do all of it in the periods i have class in and holidays and there, 1 unit done!! hahha!! (sigh)
But yeah...some people are legit crazy i don't even know.

NO I prefer 3 consecutive days of maths. I have like 50 assessments to prepare for and 0 time. I don't even know what to start first so that's why I'm on BoS procrastinating hahaha
but 2u = bliss
Same. T_T Ext eng >>>>> Adv English any day. Especially belonging. :( It's stupid, because they want us to write decent creatives about something as cringy and clichéd as that.
Wow, but still! Though I'm really jelly of those people. There are a few people who don't do maths and only have 3 exams (unlike the rest of us with 6 exams, with half of them being maths)

So true T_T and everytime this happens, I ask myself why I didn't start earlier T_T hahaha, BoS and wiki are probs the most addictive sites. I spent like 3 hours yesterday scrolling through wiki pages for "educational purposes".
I guess it is. :p don't really have to think (unlike 3 and 4U.... urgh)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Same. T_T I blame English and Maths omg (esp Adv English. There are so many modules, like why, just why). And how?!?! Every sub takes so much time D: Wow, wth, they must be super organised... But why?! 3 of those units won't even count D:
probs school in general T_T but omg, i think i'd rather have everything spread out. I don't want to do 3 consecutive days of maths D:
Noo, but silly mistakes :( legit 1 mark = 20 ranks for 2u. Just urgh.

@SuchSmallHands Holy, how are you coping with that?! Sounds horrible D:
I guess it's a bit easier because I don't do any subjects which require as much rote learning as maths does. Most of my subjects I can do well in on natural ability for those particular subjects and memorising a couple of dates/cases/statutes. French is also more of a natural subject, you pick up the language and only really need to study grammar and essay techniques. Ext. 2 English also isn't anywhere near as gruelling or time consuming as it's mathematics equivalent. I was always planning on dropping chem (I didn't want to do it in the first place, but supply in demand ironically prevented economics from running) but I ended up loving it and not wanting to drop.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Same. T_T Ext eng >>>>> Adv English any day. Especially belonging. :( It's stupid, because they want us to write decent creatives about something as cringy and clichéd as that.
Wow, but still! Though I'm really jelly of those people. There are a few people who don't do maths and only have 3 exams (unlike the rest of us with 6 exams, with half of them being maths)

So true T_T and everytime this happens, I ask myself why I didn't start earlier T_T hahaha, BoS and wiki are probs the most addictive sites. I spent like 3 hours yesterday scrolling through wiki pages for "educational purposes".
I guess it is. :p don't really have to think (unlike 3 and 4U.... urgh)
Eng ext is so beautiful and its just ugh like HDFIOJkvjfibnkdsdbdsof I seriously wish I could drop adv, pick up ext eng only and do another sub. sighs. and ugh I feel about belonging. It's also so subjective...what if you write a story about divorce and a marker just went through one?!?! You can kiss your ATAR goodbye.
wtf, 3 exams??? w0w so lucky :( How are your exams going? I just finished an assessment task today (creyz)

Hahah I'm actually getting more productive lately (kicking bad habits to the curb!!!) but somehow I found myself looking at shoes (oops) but let's do this!!!! minimal procrastination for the rest of life! hahah wiki...omg...its like every time I end up on youtube, I somehow find myself in the unventured, weird part of it. (like fucked up weird)
(4U requires too much brainpower fml)

I'm breezing through Chem atm, all thanks to my awesome tutor. I can calculate the molar heat of combustion flawlessly now. He goes to USyd. Actually getting in would be a dream come true!

Anyone doing Chem got a research task yet? Seems like it's not happening till next year for us, since our teacher hasn't gotten his act together.

My Bio teacher also recommended an app called Wolfram Alpha. It's really good for checking your answers in any maths/science subjects, so it's worth downloading.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Wolfram Alpha <3 <3 <3 <3
A few of my mates have their chem research/source analysis task this week. Good luck (if you ever get yours)!

Well the school wants us all on at least 12 units
no 11 units?!?! :eek: why?!

Wonder

HSC
I'm on 13 units as well - I've got a unique situation though, accelerated 2 unit maths, but since I'm doing ext 1 maths as well I have to attend all the maths lessons. xD so it's not that bad because I don't usually do the homework for 2 unit, though I do have more assessments than other people. In any case, this term was the first time, like, ever that I can say I did my best for all my assessments. :)

No. of units is a totally individual thing - everyone is capable of different workloads. I do wonder sometimes if I should drop as well - the thought of 3 units not counting is a bit unmotivating...

I must be one of the only people who actually really likes English Advanced! xD Ext 1 and Ext 2 are good as well but in different ways.

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Lucky you, how did it go? We have ours next week :/
Not that well tbh, luckily they're all 10% or so in terms of weighting; I'll only be 1-2% behind the top kids so I can easily catch up. Still pretty devastated though.

Done for now :)
Ah cool, what units of study did you do? I think you do statistics?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Hello future generation,

What are your interests in the future?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Hello future generation,

Near future: to survive the coming week
Long term future: studying architecture and engineering at USYD
Far future: sustainable architect and owning my own farm

What were your interests, past (??) generation?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Near future: to survive the coming week
Long term future: studying architecture and engineering at USYD
Far future: sustainable architect and owning my own farm

What were your interests, past (??) generation?
When I was about your age I was interested in Science and Mathematics.

iEatOysters

HSC
Eng ext is so beautiful and its just ugh like HDFIOJkvjfibnkdsdbdsof I seriously wish I could drop adv, pick up ext eng only and do another sub. sighs. and ugh I feel about belonging. It's also so subjective...what if you write a story about divorce and a marker just went through one?!?! You can kiss your ATAR goodbye.
wtf, 3 exams??? w0w so lucky :( How are your exams going? I just finished an assessment task today (creyz)

Hahah I'm actually getting more productive lately (kicking bad habits to the curb!!!) but somehow I found myself looking at shoes (oops) but let's do this!!!! minimal procrastination for the rest of life! hahah wiki...omg...its like every time I end up on youtube, I somehow find myself in the unventured, weird part of it. (like fucked up weird)
(4U requires too much brainpower fml)
omg, ikr. It's so deep and philosophical and urgh. Why do we even have to do Advanced English T_T omg HAHAHAHAHAHA, that is so true. This is why I both like and hate English.
Exams are next week T___T I can't remember anything. So. Much. Content. In. Eco. Dying. How are your exams? :(
Dude how?! Every time I feel myself getting more productive, I end up on BoS or something ahahaha. OMG JAPANESE COMMERCIALS. Actually the best part of YT (Y)

Hello future generation,

No idea :( Probably commerce, though.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Not that well tbh, luckily they're all 10% or so in terms of weighting; I'll only be 1-2% behind the top kids so I can easily catch up. Still pretty devastated though.

Ah cool, what units of study did you do? I think you do statistics?
That is one of my units :p. stats, eco, programming and web development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)