• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flop21

HSC
Ahahaha I'd like a hard paper in certain subjects (modern,legal,eco) and am praying for easy math papers and english papers oh god hard exams don't sit well with me lollll.
I'm hoping easy english paper 1 because we're the first year doing discovery.

I wish most of the english tests were unseen texts, I'm always really good at that part.

Mr_Kap

HSC
Dyde that must suck! Have you applied for EAS or something? For the last part, maybe try having an enforced break every 2 hours or so where you get up and take a walk outside of the library, just so you don't get into. Bloody puts my 20 minute bus dilemma in perspective.
Nah because it doesn't come under any of the EAS topics. I'm just hoping I can get a 91 Atar, but that is gonna be hard because i only got low 70's in Advanced English CSSA Trial. Just hoping bio (89% in CSSA trial), phys (86% in CSSA trial) , math and chem (57% in CSSA trial --> completely fucked up, as I was in the mid 90's in all my other tasks/tests.) can carry me (if i do better than i did in my trials), however i've stuffed up my internal chem rank because of trial (from 1st to 6/8, lol), so I am aiming for a band 6 as examination mark, so my HSC mark for chemistry is in the eighties.

StudyToDeath

HSC
You can still apply for EAS even if you don't know what category it comes under. Worth a try?

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
It seems too simple to just send in the application and you'll randomly get an early offer to get into your course.
Not all unis participate in it. Look on the site, it tells you what unis.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I was just on the UAC website and I found this "It is a number between 0.00 and 99.95 and indicates a student’s position relative to all the students who started high school with them in Year 7. So, an ATAR of 80.00 means that you are 20% from the top of your Year 7 group, not your Year 12 group."

Does this mean your rank is how you went compared to other students in your cohort? So if a student beats all other students in all of his subjects, does that mean he gets 99.95? lol I'm sure it doesn't work like this, can someone just explain the statement further for me?

MilkyCat_

HSC
'all the students who started high school with them in Year 7' is indicative of all the students in the state, not their cohort

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
I was just on the UAC website and I found this "It is a number between 0.00 and 99.95 and indicates a student’s position relative to all the students who started high school with them in Year 7. So, an ATAR of 80.00 means that you are 20% from the top of your Year 7 group, not your Year 12 group."

Does this mean your rank is how you went compared to other students in your cohort? So if a student beats all other students in all of his subjects, does that mean he gets 99.95? lol I'm sure it doesn't work like this, can someone just explain the statement further for me?

Flop21

HSC

All your marks are added up into an aggregate out of 500. The person (who is in your year 7 group - started year 7 same year you did - and just sat HSC) who got the highest aggregate, gets the top ATAR or rank (99.95). etc.

I'm not sure what it means by "your Year 7 group, not your Year 12 group." Maybe that means that if you repeated, your ATAR is calculated from the 2014 marks?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
All your marks are added up into an aggregate out of 500. The person (who is in your year 7 group - started year 7 same year you did - and just sat HSC) who got the highest aggregate, gets the top ATAR or rank (99.95). etc.

I'm not sure what it means by "your Year 7 group, not your Year 12 group." Maybe that means that if you repeated, your ATAR is calculated from the 2014 marks?
They mean even the people who dropped out of school are included, it's further explained here: "If everyone from Year 7 went on to achieve an ATAR, the average ATAR would be 50.00. But because some students leave early and the ones that stay on to receive an ATAR are a smaller, more academically able group, the average ATAR is higher."

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
They mean even the people who dropped out of school are included, it's further explained here: "If everyone from Year 7 went on to achieve an ATAR, the average ATAR would be 50.00. But because some students leave early and the ones that stay on to receive an ATAR are a smaller, more academically able group, the average ATAR is higher."
Yeah I think the median ATAR was 68/69. Means that nearly 20% of the kids who started have either dropped out of school or moved to another state!

turntaker

HSC
So if I get 80 atar does that mean I am 20% of students are smarter than me.

teridax

HSC
N/A
just wanna ask

if my final rank was 15/59 at a 120 ranked school in english advanced, is there still a chance of getting a high b5 provided i smash the externals?

kinda shitting myself right now with my horrible rank lol

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
just wanna ask

if my final rank was 15/59 at a 120 ranked school in english advanced, is there still a chance of getting a high b5 provided i smash the externals?

kinda shitting myself right now with my horrible rank lol
Is 15/59 actually a horrible rank in your view?

teridax

HSC
N/A
Is 15/59 actually a horrible rank in your view?
well, it could be better - like i was hoping to enter the top 10 but oh well

but yeh idk. like i was thinking; even if i get like a 95 external, and the ppl above me get an 80 external, what happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)