Status
Not open for further replies.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
GL to those that have trials tomorrow

I've been there and know how hard the hours leading up to exams are, but the feeling of getting excellent internal ranks far outweighs any procrastination or leisure that you can perform.

Pedal 2 da metal guys

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
To everyone that's completely stressing out...don't. Make sure you get an adequate amount of sleep and eat a hearty breakfast full of carbs.

Chris_S

HSC
Is it just me or that every time I study I get hungry and eat? :) Also good luck for everyone's trials! You will all do swell!

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Is it just me or that every time I study I get hungry and eat? :) Also good luck for everyone's trials! You will all do swell!
Everytime I study I have to drink every 5-10mins, surprisingly this only happens when I study...

Ekman

HSC
God dammit, nerves are kicking in now. I don't have trials tomorrow but a mod b speech that I feel like I keep on forgetting.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
God dammit, nerves are kicking in now. I don't have trials tomorrow but a mod b speech that I feel like I keep on forgetting.
No palm cards?

Back in Year 12, for my school's mod C speech assessment, there were basically 4 questions and on the day, they'd choose 2 for each student to do at random (so ideally, you want to be prepared for all 4) and you weren't allowed to bring in palm cards.

Each speech was only around 2 minutes each from memory but having no palm cards meant that it was possible for students to mind-blank and never be able to recover, and also, students could get mixed up between their 'prepared speeches' (especially if they relied on memorisation) when presenting them to the teachers.

I've never heard of a harder speech/oral presentation assessment at any other school so far.

Ekman

HSC
No palm cards?

Back in Year 12, for my school's mod C speech assessment, there were basically 4 questions and on the day, they'd choose 2 for each student to do at random (so ideally, you want to be prepared for all 4) and you weren't allowed to bring in palm cards.

Each speech was only around 2 minutes each from memory but having no palm cards meant that it was possible for students to mind-blank and never be able to recover, and also, students could get mixed up between their 'prepared speeches' (especially if they relied on memorisation) when presenting them to the teachers.

I've never heard of a harder speech/oral presentation assessment at any other school so far.
Well that sounds a lot similar to what I had to in year 10, where we got to choose one of three characters from Shakespeare's "Merchant of Venice", and they gave 4 questions per character and during the actual speech, the teacher could choose either 2 or 3 of the questions to ask to the student. However the worst bit about it was that you had to get into character of the particular character you have chosen, (For example I chose Shylock so I dressed like a jew) and you had to answer the questions in Shakespearean language. Practically toture for anybody who didnt understand Shakespeare let alone write up 4 answers in Shakespearean language.

Forgot to mention, you had to memorise your responses and it had to go on for like 4-6 minutes

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Yeah it happened last year as well, hundreds of users were viewing the English forums before their trials started.

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Guess what just happened everyone...

my new (1 week old) roller ball pen that I have been using because it's super smooth and comfy just ran out. Yes that's right it RAN OUT JUST THEN, 12.5 hrs before trials

Lol I'm gonna have to go to the newsagent in the morning before the exam and hope to find the same pen

wish me luck

astroman

HSC
Guess what just happened everyone...

my new (1 week old) roller ball pen that I have been using because it's super smooth and comfy just ran out. Yes that's right it RAN OUT JUST THEN, 12.5 hrs before trials

Lol I'm gonna have to go to the newsagent in the morning before the exam and hope to find the same pen

wish me luck
it's just a pen lol, just use something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)