2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Hahaha! No! I wasn't, I thought you actually asked me and then RoT meant something here on BOS but I didn't know what XD!

Didn't get them back, teacher was away --> what a troll.

How are your results for Business :)?

Also, say that you internal ranking wasn't on point, but you did extremely well in the external, what would happen?
My marks aren't that great but it's because the teachers mark very harsh (My overall rank is pretty decent considering that I don't study the subject very often)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
You crazy you will be fine, your assesment mark may be 1-2 marks lower then hsc mark worst case scenario
Problem is that, I got 48/50 for my half yearly and someone with 44/50 was ranked...15 - 20 (somewhere there). So I'm a little worried and relying on my externals to bump up my overall HSC mark for Business

My marks aren't that great but it's because the teachers mark very harsh (My overall rank is pretty decent considering that I don't study the subject very often)
But its the rank that matters ;D So all good!

Dennis1348

HSC
N/A
Problem is that, I got 48/50 for my half yearly and someone with 44/50 was ranked...15 - 20 (somewhere there). So I'm a little worried and relying on my externals to bump up my overall HSC mark for Business

But its the rank that matters ;D So all good!
Ugh you'll be fine alot of people who are in a decent position ranking wise, think their going to get dragged down into obvlivion.

You'll be fine :)

teridax

HSC
N/A
Mhhm

With such little time to go it would be difficult establishing a teacher-student relationship with the tutor, you would have to change your study routine (if any) as you would have to travel to them, etc.

tbh I think that if you try your best from now until the HSC you will do fine

Take RivalryOfTroll and mreditor16 as examples: The difference in their internals and externals for eco was ~ 5 . mreditor16's internal was 94 and his external was 99 which gave him an overall of 97 and a state rank :)

Despite him accelerating the subject and going on to get 99.95 I think it's possible for anyone to achieve something like this as long as they study effectively and efficiently :D

Good luck teridax you'll be fine!
rofl

but i got 32% for my chem trial, despite investing time in revising concepts and such :(

i think i might need a tutor, otherwise i'm gonna get a band 2 LOL

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
rofl

but i got 32% for my chem trial, despite investing time in revising concepts and such :(

Does your school mark harshly and/or are you at a high ranked school?

+ If you do go ahead with tutoring just keep in mind that they're not miracle workers; the improvement will only come if you're willing to put in the effort

Good luck :D

Last edited:

teridax

HSC
N/A
Does your school mark harshly and/or are you at a high ranked school?

+ If you do go ahead with tutoring just keep in mind that they're not miracle workers; the improvement will only come if you're willing to put in the effort

Good luck :D
yeh, that's what i'm not sure about, if it'll be worth it

but i dunno how else i can approach chem anymore :/ so much fkn content to rote learn

i mean, i just wanna get a b5 is that enough to ask for LOL

rawrliongirl

HSC
rofl

With the few weeks left, maybe it would be alright to get a tutor.
I got a tutor for chem and my marks have improved so much. They explain things really well.
I went from failing miserably in prelim yearly exam (<40%), to passing and getting above cohort average for half yearlies (which wasn't too high tbh but still, tis an improvement), to getting the top mark in the trials. I'll admit if I tried a bit harder in the half yearlies I would've done way better.

What are your weaknesses? Is it how you answer short response questions? Is it calculations? Is it just trying to remember content? Equations?

I spent a lot of time answering past paper questions on top of revising notes (even though I only really properly went over notes the day before....) before the trials. I think exposing myself to questions really helped because it gave me a feel for what they could ask and how I should go about answering them - tutor helped with that too.

I think, determine what your weaknesses are so you can figure out how to go about your chemistry revision. If you need help with anything you can ask me and I can try to help:p or ask anyone who does chem on here, I'm sure we can help somehow. :)

Last edited:

Ekman

HSC
Im so burning right now. I got one mc question wrong for my eco trial because I didnt know about the current industrial relation system. I circled the right answer then crossed it out. God dammit! I can say goodbye to my rank now :(

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Im so burning right now. I got one mc question wrong for my eco trial because I didnt know about the current industrial relation system. I circled the right answer then crossed it out. God dammit! I can say goodbye to my rank now :(
It's 1 mark

You're being a bit too dramatic lol

Ekman

HSC
It's 1 mark

You're being a bit too dramatic lol
Actually it makes a huge difference considering that I need to beat the guy coming first by 2 marks, which is very hard if I lose marks for stupid mistakes

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Actually it makes a huge difference considering that I need to beat the guy coming first by 2 marks, which is very hard if I lose marks for stupid mistakes
1) Congrats on being 2nd in eco

2) He's bound to screw up somewhere and if not, then smash him in externals

Wait is drsoccerball coming first?

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
It's done. All you can do is hope for the best and remember that in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal.

In Business Studies i was kicking myself as i was sure that i was going to come second. Not only did i get first but looking back on it, it baffles me on why i was so worried.

Ekman

HSC
1) Congrats on being 2nd in eco

2) He's bound to screw up somewhere and if not, then smash him in externals

Wait is drsoccerball coming first?
Drsoccerball dropped it after the first task. Some other boser is coming first

So far, he and I are confident with the essays, but he didn't tell me about his short answer or other mc. Plus im the type of guy that would be sad about their exam for a couple of hours before returning back to work.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Drsoccerball dropped it after the first task. Some other boser is coming first

So far, he and I are confident with the essays, but he didn't tell me about his short answer or other mc. Plus im the type of guy that would be sad about their exam for a couple of hours before returning back to work.
So many people from your school on BoS o_O

Just get it out of your head and power on until the end of the trials; dwelling on the past isn't going to help you in any way, shape or form

^ I was able to do this and had I not my other subjects would have suffered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)