2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Tfw only one person got full marks in business studies out of 160 people - and it wasn't me </3

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Tfw when you worked super hard on your engo report and came second by two marks :(((((
In other news, everyone is fcked for phys, no one can understand the marking criteria. Just hope i can still top

leehuan

HSC
Lee how about i give you the fucking assignment and you make me the fucking infographic
You know what you can do.

If you have a physics research assignment, ask me a few of the questions and I'll answer them. Then you can cite me as interview on your bibliography :p

BEND. the rules. Not disobey them.

Last edited:

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Its not research.
I have to make an infographic about the one application of projectile motion and the principles included.
The problem isnt doing it, its what the teacher wants thats the problem.
She wants minimal text with lots of pictures. Sick, so i added lots of pics with little text. She said i didnt explain the principles. So i wrote like 2-3 more lines for each.
Then she said less is more and i need minimal text.
So i change the layout to make it more presentable with less text. Apparently i need to talk about principles such as time of flight and velocity instead of gravity, air resistance etc.
today she said i was too general i needed to specific and i quote "talk about how when you release a ball, newton is driving"
SHE SAID ONLY PROJECTILE PRINCIPLES!!!!
So ive concluded im not getting full marks for the infographic and if i can salvage a 3/5 ill be happy.
Its an assignment that has heaps of components, and im pretty sure i recked the others so its just this bit.
Also, she's gonna make us good students fail. One of the drop kicks wrote 3lines for reliability and it was "perfect" whereas ours was too "extensive". Like how are you expected to get full marks for an 8 marker when you write 3 lines?

leehuan

HSC
Projectile motion principles hold when no air resistance can effectively be assumed.

The horizontal component is unaffected by any acceleration
The vertical component is affected by gravity

It is quite easy to identify the angle of projection in projectile motion, as well as two other things: Time of flight, and range of projection

Already, Δx=u(x).t can be used to find an initial velocity component. Combine it with the angle of projection u(x)=u.cos(theta) to find your initial velocity.

If your calculations are correct, then assuming you have enough photos of the motion you can work out everything else including maximum height.

Conversely, if you have maximum height worked out you can combine that with time of flight to work backwards from u(y). Keep in mind what u(x) is and then note that u^2 = u(x)^2 + u(y)^2

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
I dont have to find shit, i just have to explain how they are applied. Its hard when she wants you to write literally NOTHING and use all pics
Yep shes defs skitzo, its alrite i have an sk phys tutor who went ruse

leehuan

HSC
On the iPhone, if you just keep pressing down the button you can take basically multiple pics at once. Rather than a video and constantly having to pause

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Tfw you can't get your English mark back when shit heads haven't done their speeches yet like wtf you have 1 month to prepare, that's not fair

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
There are so many people that I don't know here, oh god.
In my defence, I introduced myself on the introductions thread :D

Our physics assignment is usually pretty simple, it's just research a particular area of the syllabus and write a report on it with focus questions
typically atleast half the cohort will get full marks so they mark relatively easy, so it doesn't really have much of an effect.

leehuan

HSC
Tfw you can't get your English mark back when shit heads haven't done their speeches yet like wtf you have 1 month to prepare, that's not fair

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
It's called people are dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)