2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmyself

HSC
They don't have business and legal iirc

its kinda the opposite though lol
they only offer 'harder' better scaling subjects so everyone gets better atars but theoretically less band 6s --> this actually deflates the ranking
whereas a private school will encourage easier subjects so a higher proportion of band 6s but lower atars --> inflated ranking
Don't think they are all too worried about a deflated ranking when they've ranked 1st for 25 years straight :p

And speaking of ruse, I'll just leave this here...
248677_881591968606074_6513964894042853454_n.jpg

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
LOLOLOL sounds a bit exaggerated D: I'm sure they have Legal Studies! But I do know some selective friends who legitimately didn't know what General Maths or Standard English was, and was actually puzzled and I had to explain it to them LOL
tbh i didnt know what general maths was until yr10, or standard english until year 11 :)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I remember it being called applied maths and english studies.

But yeah there are few non-atar subjects. Perfectly fine.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I only knew of non atar subs last yr lel

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Yup! I learnt of these subjects last year! I didn't even know we had an English Studies class until recently, like woah.

Last edited:

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
lel just hit epiphany moment with m & g
I actually understand what's happening at the electron level now
Everything makes sense
It all fits together lelelel

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

What's general maths 1
It is only for HSC but it is a "Content Endorsed Course"

Year 11 General Mathematics only has a common course which both people wanting to do HSC ATAR and those intending not to get an ATAR do.

This is to give people a chance to change to doing an ATAR if they change their mind.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
lel just hit epiphany moment with m & g
I actually understand what's happening at the electron level now
Everything makes sense
It all fits together lelelel
Have you started Ideas yet? Its pree interesting. So far, it seems like a more elevated version of m&g

leehuan

HSC
Only reason I knew about non ATAR courses was cause Catholic school -> if you don't do SOR you do Catholic Studies, which is CEC

It is only for HSC but it is a "Content Endorsed Course"

Year 11 General Mathematics only has a common course which both people wanting to do HSC ATAR and those intending not to get an ATAR do.

This is to give people a chance to change to doing an ATAR if they change their mind.
Supposedly in the new maths syllabus General 1 is becoming an ATAR course.

Have you started Ideas yet? Its pree interesting. So far, it seems like a more elevated version of m&g
I2I carried probably way too much social context of physics. But tbh the concepts were really interesting when I got my head around them

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
LOLOLOL sounds a bit exaggerated D: I'm sure they have Legal Studies! But I do know some selective friends who legitimately didn't know what General Maths or Standard English was, and was actually puzzled and I had to explain it to them LOL
Nah they don't offer legal studies haha

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Nah they don't offer legal studies haha
Oh shit. Then how will they know if Law is a field of interest D:

I don't do Legal Studies and I regret it because I don't know if I want to be ambitious and chase for Law/Comm Q___Q

Side story about selective schools: Baulko is losing their shit, I was at the public library and some girl didn't know how to differentiate e^x.

...e^x...

I also know she's most likely 2016 cohort because the guy with her came from the OC school I was at

Last edited:

leehuan

HSC
Haven't started yet but it looks interesting conceptually
Some of the most juiciest things in physics lie in I2I. I reckon you'd enjoy it.

But you may find the first section (cathode ray tubes) a bit boring if you aren't interested in outdated physics.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Note: I reckon I2I has less calculations than responses compared to all other topics
I'm really bad at stuff related to waves and electricity and motion and the whole of Year 11. And actually, I have grown to improve in Physic calculations from Preliminary!

leehuan

HSC
I'm really bad at stuff related to waves and electricity and motion and the whole of Year 11. And actually, I have grown to improve in Physic calculations from Preliminary!
Twas about time those preliminary calculations came back up! But I can actually give you a bit of the benefit of the doubt - a ton of HSC students excel at HSC calculations but then forget almost all of them for preliminary.

Probably the most "twisted" (and it's not twisted as relativity in my opinion) thing in I2I is the wave-particle duality of light: light is both a particle and a wave. Have fun with that one.
But for the most part the amount of stuff you see on waves is pretty limited. The electrical energy in the home questions are pretty elementary; I'm just a bit concerned about if they accidentally pull off a moving about question on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)