3 weeks till HSC (1 Viewer)

cookiebook

HSC
How ready is everyone? I'm starting to think I won't finish studying on time cause I still have loaadsss to do :(

cookiebook

HSC
:'( I read a thread here saying 2 weeks of hsc cram is possible. How the heck is that possible?!? wtf!?

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Of course it's possible to cram in 2 weeks. Only thing is you end up with a ~60 ATAR

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Of course it's possible to cram in 2 weeks. Only thing is you end up with a ~60 ATAR
Get out of here.

You can cram in two weeks and get a 99 atar still (ofc depending on your internal ranks). It's just HSC content. Study all day for two weeks and get a good ATAR (easier said then done, but doable).

cookiebook

HSC
I haven't even completed any notes. My study routine is spending this entire week understanding any content I don't get, writing notes in my own words so I understand for all subjects. Then after than just past papers all day, err day + memorising everything lol.

So 2 weeks = 14 days. Say someone does 6 subjects. That's only like 2 days to study for each subject?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I haven't even completed any notes. My study routine is spending this entire week understanding any content I don't get, writing notes in my own words so I understand for all subjects. Then after than just past papers all day, err day + memorising everything lol.

So 2 weeks = 14 days. Say someone does 6 subjects. That's only like 2 days to study for each subject?
Do 14 hours a day.

Start at 7am

finish at 9pm

with like one break

hsclover

HSC
N/A
Haha no way... I definitely was one of the people cramming like crazy in the last 3 weeks. Do around 5-6 hours a day and everyone will be fine. I agree with Spiritual, if your internal ranks are good, you'll be rewarded. And if not- there is still time! Think about it.. 3 weeks is 21 days. Just study effectively, minimise distractions and you'll get there. Also, remember you can still study during the HSC period :p Good luck everyone, you're nearly there!

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
This has given me some hope.....lol. Good to know it's possible :S

btw, who's the girl in your dp?
A lot of people say 14 hours is impossible. I did it for two weeks in the 6 week holidays. Yeah, I burnt out for a few months after that, but it's not like it can't be done. What are you going to burn out for? Holidays?

Think of it like this. You're not even killing yourself. You wake up in the morning, study until 9:00PM, do something for a few hours, sleep and continue the next day. You're exactly like the person doing two hours a day for a week, except you do it within the span of a day. It is effective BTW.

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
Chill out people. This will not define you. 12 months from now you'll forget your exact ATAR to two decimal points and no one will as you what you got. You'll be doing some uni course thinking back to hsc and laughing at how worked up you got over it

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Haha no way... I definitely was one of the people cramming like crazy in the last 3 weeks. Do around 5-6 hours a day and everyone will be fine. I agree with Spiritual, if your internal ranks are good, you'll be rewarded. And if not- there is still time! Think about it.. 3 weeks is 21 days. Just study effectively, minimise distractions and you'll get there. Also, remember you can still study during the HSC period :p Good luck everyone, you're nearly there!
You studied before the 2 weeks though didn't you...?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Chill out people. This will not define you. 12 months from now you'll forget your exact ATAR to two decimal points and no one will as you what you got. You'll be doing some uni course thinking back to hsc and laughing at how worked up you got over it
True, but what's the better investment? Studying all day for two weeks and getting straight into your course most likely, or doing 2 hours each day when you could be doing more, than having to transfer, and opening the prospect of a failed transfer? Then you'll always be haunted by your inhibiting ATAR.

sammie293

HSC
not ready at alllllll
I keep doing maths even though I have 4 exams before it.... :\

hsclover

HSC
N/A
You studied before the 2 weeks though didn't you...?
I pretty much died in the whole "post trials slump" and did nothing for a month... Haha. But my notes were finished and in the 3 weeks I just did 6-7 hours a day (on average). If you know how to use your time wisely, 3 weeks is enough (assuming you've been studying fairly consistently throughout the year). Main advice is to start now! Don't stress, just do.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I pretty much died in the whole "post trials slump" and did nothing for a month... Haha. But my notes were finished and in the 3 weeks I just did 6-7 hours a day (on average). If you know how to use your time wisely, 3 weeks is enough (assuming you've been studying fairly consistently throughout the year). Main advice is to start now! Don't stress, just do.
Basically, it depends on the bolded part. If you've done 0 study up until the last 2 weeks you can expect ~60(0 study=shit ranks). If you've studied consistently, then you don't even need to 'cram', 2-3 weeks is plenty of time to revise.
I've done all my notes/study (took 3-4 months of cramming) and now I'm focusing on past papers :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)