Accounting Cadetships 2009 (1 Viewer)

dling

HSC
err you are mistaken.. durin the last 18 months they still pay the 9 grand a year "study allowance"

Hey Ayehann... in the contract it said:

To assist you with your first semester of FT studies, .... will pay u a one-time allowance of $4500. The 4500 Lump sum payment will be payable to u upon successful completion of your probation period which is end of 2010..... so you don't receive the 4.5k till the end of year.

There is no writing mention about the last 18 months payment mate.... The word one-time is quite powerful though....

Have u confirm with them?

vennmuch

HSC
Alright, thanks guys for all your information... and GG on anyone who scored themselves one (thumbs)
Re salary, I was pretty impressed.

Definitely looking to appply to more than just a few firms next year, see where that'd take...

Right now I'm just a bit worried about the school marks. Are we looking at all As here?

I get mostly As and Bs - and our school gives the top Eng students Bs leaving the average at Cs (one A was given in the last report...) so yeah really worried that'd make me look like a fricken fob or some shit even though I go to a top 50 and selective school.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
Hey Ayehann... in the contract it said:

To assist you with your first semester of FT studies, .... will pay u a one-time allowance of $4500. The 4500 Lump sum payment will be payable to u upon successful completion of your probation period which is end of 2010..... so you don't receive the 4.5k till the end of year.

There is no writing mention about the last 18 months payment mate.... The word one-time is quite powerful though....

Have u confirm with them?
this is true.. however, the contract is separated into different stages.

we are just first stage. and that is the allowance we are given. we get an updated contract when we start each additional stage (the next stage will be when we stop working full time and go back to doing uni full time and working part time which is in about 2011 or 2012? something like that). so possibly we might get some form of allowance in THAT contract which isn't mentioned in this one.

Alright, thanks guys for all your information... and GG on anyone who scored themselves one (thumbs)
Re salary, I was pretty impressed.

Definitely looking to appply to more than just a few firms next year, see where that'd take...

Right now I'm just a bit worried about the school marks. Are we looking at all As here?

I get mostly As and Bs - and our school gives the top Eng students Bs leaving the average at Cs (one A was given in the last report...) so yeah really worried that'd make me look like a fricken fob or some shit even though I go to a top 50 and selective school.
yeah i was also worried about this. i go to a top 20 selective school and my marks/ranks aren't highly outstanding compared to some others in my year. but i still got an estimate of 93-94 UAI so if you just highlight that rather than your individual grades it will give a better impression.

Last edited:

ayehann

Procrastinator
HSC
this is true.. however, the contract is separated into different stages.

we are just first stage. and that is the allowance we are given. we get an updated contract when we start each additional stage (the next stage will be when we stop working full time and go back to doing uni full time and working part time which is in about 2011 or 2012? something like that). so possibly we might get some form of allowance in THAT contract which isn't mentioned in this one.
yeah, coz i asked them at that underoffer evening that we went to about what happens with the last 18 months etc.. they said you will get the same 9 grand study allowance. hah then i was like. erm what about another part time job? ill be so used to getting the full contract amount that ill need to find another job to supplement my income.. they said that s fine too as long as theres no conflict of interest and they told me if u get offered a part time job jus call up kpmg risk management and find out if theres any conflict of interest, otherwise were fine with it..."

i think they seem preety coool about it, and they even let us continue part time work till july next year... coz contrat doesnt start till thennn.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
oh really? thats cool. i quit my job anyway cos i was sick of it hahaha. yeah it will be weird to have a salary then not have one. =[=[

ayehann

Procrastinator
HSC
haha same. but im thinking.. when uni starts gnna get a job for the 4-5 months...

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i'll try i guess. i don't really want to though haha. what uni are you thinking of going to?

ayehann

Procrastinator
HSC
most probably UTS... form where im located its the most convenient to get to.. and yourself.?

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i posted a thread so bos will help me decide =]. UTS over UNSW is current stance basically though

Sylver

HSC
Sorry to crash the cadetship party!

Anyone get a Scholarship with KPMG? Any idea how many they took/are taking? There were like 5 people who were in my assessment centre day so I'm guessing that either no one applied or they only interviewed very few people.

Since this is like a new thing, there's no one to ask about it, it's so annoying!

But you cadetship peoples who got KPMG, when did they send the contract? Like a day or two after the offer? Is it like in the mail or is it delivered which means I have to stay at home and wait for them to come and give me?

Woot! First post!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Sorry to crash the cadetship party!

Anyone get a Scholarship with KPMG? Any idea how many they took/are taking? There were like 5 people who were in my assessment centre day so I'm guessing that either no one applied or they only interviewed very few people.

Since this is like a new thing, there's no one to ask about it, it's so annoying!

But you cadetship peoples who got KPMG, when did they send the contract? Like a day or two after the offer? Is it like in the mail or is it delivered which means I have to stay at home and wait for them to come and give me?

Woot! First post!
Heard that it was 40ish.

Mkj

HSC
anyone else gonna work at moore stephens sydney next year =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)