Acst 2004? (1 Viewer)

ND

HSC
Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
it's only in comp
u goto a computer lab and do weekly exercises which are online
they stop marking the role after a few weeks and most ppl juz go home and do it...if they do it...since they never get marked

but prac teachers are at labs to help if u are stuck

Comp has assignments due once in a while, which will require you to goto ur prac class to be marked.
Ah ok, thanks.

He mustve meant he wish he did that. I wish i did that too. I think everyone wishes they did that.

I had alot of 2nd yrs and 3rd yr friends tell me at the start of year, but I didn't listen. And now I regret it. Alot of later things learnt in 151 wouldve been made easy with techniques learnt in acst101 (ie. annuities). But if you don't listen, I understand. Because I thought I'd be able to manage time better by sem2 and sem1 would be a learning experience etc.
Hmmm, well it definately seems like a good idea.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
-=MLhtʻ=- is absolutely right about ACST101 (and how to make a timetable) in first semester; you have better scaling as well, because you won't compete with other Actuarials. I was told about doing ACST101 by other people who never visit these boards again (or should I say post); except like -=MLhtʻ=- I didn't listen. Didn't make too much difference in the end, but it would've been helpful.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
Originally posted by bong
yea only comp, sorry

malachite, u mean do acst101 and 151 both in first sem?

am i correct in thinkin that class tests are the same for eg: acst101 and econ111 - those with multiple lecture times?

ye do em 2gether in sem1. Abit of extra work in sem1, but feel much better in sem2.

For acst101 and econ111, there are separate lecture times. You do your midsemester exams or class tests in those lectures. You'll only get like 2hrs extra study time, but that might be helpful. The main good one is math133 tute time because the exams in 2 time slots are almost same and u can ask what was in them.
Unfortunately i was never on the receiving end ><"
*switches off mobile*

Edit:
Ye it feels much better to do acst101 with less actuaries in the contingent coz actuaries + acst101 = arrogance. Coz there's the idea that this is our territory and we're gonna show u non actuaries how it's done. For class exams the actuarial average mark is around 90%, while non actuaries is around 70%.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
In theory, that comment (in your edit) is true. But not for us this year in second sem.

bong

HSC
ok thanks guys, think i'll play around with the timetable maker a bit more

...and then hopefully get into those classes before they fill out

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Don't worry, if your surname is near one of the ends, and you get your selections last, you won't have much choice anyway. Which is what happened to me.

bong

HSC
what do you mean? isnt it 1st come 1st served?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Unfortunately no. They have an alphabet system. It's like ancient compared to webby enrolment at UNSW and USyd. Anyway, they're introducing a webby one soon.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
ye but u get a date allocated according to your last name.
eg. A-C go on monday and D-F go on tues etc.
They say they provide a certain quota for each day so people with "later" last names have equal chance, but from personal experience that was bs.

bong

HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
Unfortunately no. They have an alphabet system. It's like ancient compared to webby enrolment at UNSW and USyd. Anyway, they're introducing a webby one soon.
but not soon enough? :D

Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
ye but u get a date allocated according to your last name.
eg. A-C go on monday and D-F go on tues etc.
They say they provide a certain quota for each day so people with "later" last names have equal chance, but from personal experience that was bs.
so i should be happy im a "cheung"? :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It depends they might start from the Back, like this year. :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Yes - just might be different.

Anyway, I had a night time prac; and I went to the *Change Timetable* thingy like three times in two-days and got my change! :D

bong

HSC
well damn me.. haha, hope its from the top..

and then they bring in the web enrolment next year! :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Apparently, it won't be available to first years; but it should be available in second semester unless I wasn't paying attention (as usual).

bong

HSC
QUOTE]Originally posted by flyin'
Apparently, it won't be available to first years; but it should be available in second semester unless I wasn't paying attention (as usual). [/QUOTE]

when you enrol, its for the whole year isnt it? or one semester at a time?[

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It's meant to be for both. Must've not been paying attention when I was reading again.

CloudStrife

HSC
not happy with the enrolment for actuarial stdies...
its going backwards....i'm in 3rd last group.... :mad:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
lol, last year it was the other way around; and i got stuffed! =p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)